Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-10-2014, 10:25 PM   #181
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Re: Ford Falcon XR8 Sedan Price Announced

Had a great night at the pre release do, followed by the unveiling of the XR8, apparently there were other models there, lol as for the Pricing it is a very tempting offer to anyone who wants a shot at the last Falcon XR8 , BUT it is what it is a XR8 with some dam fine base goodies, Like me if your happy to go to bed at night with a XR up the drive, jump on it, Speaking to Fords main man Bob on the night, the plan is to run them till the end of local manufacturing in 2016 So those that want one should have a good shot at getting one ,Autos seem to be the only ? as supply may be over run by demand in the short term, IF And When I make up my mind ours will be manual for the hell of it...

P.S I did enquire about the employer discount He replied be for I even finished asking (insert Yanky Twang ) Hell no and Laughs

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".

Last edited by Whoosha; 06-10-2014 at 10:30 PM.
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 06-10-2014, 10:39 PM   #182
HO 3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: XR8 pricing announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by kempy311 View Post
Just checked the ford site and it says $61200 so some words will be said
Kempy give Gianni at Range Ford a call, that DA price is a bit steep!

Cheers Mick
HO 3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2014, 10:55 PM   #183
HO 3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBv8mmm! View Post
Just spoke with McGrath Ford here in Canberra, I've had a deposit down for the XR8 for a couple of months.
Drive away price for the auto should be around $58500.
Cleared it with the minister for finance, entertainment and war. Deal sealed for a kinetic auto. To be built in November, delivered beginning of December.
That's interesting, I've been told that no more XR8s will be built this year.........first allocation is to built in Feb, Mar 2015.............and the pilot/early production XR8s running around have already been spoken for.........perhaps one of those in the know can chime in about this?

Cheers Mick
Old 06-10-2014, 11:15 PM   #184
Tbm1121

Quote:
Originally Posted by HO 3 View Post
That's interesting, I've been told that no more XR8s will be built this year.........first allocation is to built in Feb, Mar 2015.............and the pilot/early production XR8s running around have already been spoken for.........perhaps one of those in the know can chime in about this?

Cheers Mick
I can guarantee that they are still building more this year, we have a gold auto and manual vanish ready to build at the moment, due mid nov for late on sale
Tbm1121 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 06-10-2014, 11:36 PM   #185
HO 3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbm1121 View Post
I can guarantee that they are still building more this year, we have a gold auto and manual vanish ready to build at the moment, due mid nov for late on sale

Interesting...........

Cheers Mick
Old 07-10-2014, 02:15 PM   #186
FGX335
Loving my '335' kW!

Ok, so I'm now told that the system has come back up and all but the XR8 are in there. XR should be at the end of this week.

Can anyone tell me that they have ordered and locked in, with a contract that states XR8 (and not FPV GS, etc), an XR8 in their trans and colour choice, for the first allocation? I hear people are 'ordering' them, but I want to confirm properly.

I really want the first allocation, and want to make sure I won't be missing out.
Old 07-10-2014, 02:32 PM   #187
smiddy

I rang a couple of dealers in sydney ,was told that they wont find out till the 17/18th of this month what they the dealers pay for the car of Ford so cant do contract till then.Also the rrp is worst case scenario and you should be able to do better,but they the dealers wont no till 17/18 of this month.

Last edited by smiddy; 07-10-2014 at 02:37 PM.
smiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2014, 02:46 PM   #188
FGX335
Loving my '335' kW!

I'm not even too worried about the contract, just want to ensure that I have locked in one for the first allocation. Hoping to hear back soon.
Old 07-10-2014, 04:28 PM   #189
Anchor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Dealer delivery can be whatever the dealer wants to charge...

Prices will also probably stay close to RRP for a while too, it's cheap for what it is and everyone knows this. Then again it's up to the dealer whether they discount or not.

At the end of the day, everyone has bills/wages to pay. All about the money haha.
67 SS Nova Coupe. Iron AES 398 LS. T56. 2x 72mm T-netics BB. TCI Pro Touring F&R Clip. Streetfighter Project. 1200hp
73 Z28 RS Camaro. 6.0 LS. Coilovers. 18x9 / 18x10.
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2014, 07:10 PM   #190
Tbm1121

Quote:
Originally Posted by FGX335 View Post
Ok, so I'm now told that the system has come back up and all but the XR8 are in there. XR should be at the end of this week.

Can anyone tell me that they have ordered and locked in, with a contract that states XR8 (and not FPV GS, etc), an XR8 in their trans and colour choice, for the first allocation? I hear people are 'ordering' them, but I want to confirm properly.

I really want the first allocation, and want to make sure I won't be missing out.
Can't do any computerised paperwork until we have model codes, this is due on 17th. Just have them email you confirming everything, that way you have a papertrail
Old 07-10-2014, 08:11 PM   #191
smiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchor View Post
Dealer delivery can be whatever the dealer wants to charge...

Prices will also probably stay close to RRP for a while too, it's cheap for what it is and everyone knows this. Then again it's up to the dealer whether they discount or not.

At the end of the day, everyone has bills/wages to pay. All about the money haha.
Why isnt there a set price on delivery what do they do that gives them the right to rip us off as far as im concerned its a big con .so they wash it get it delivered to dealership .what else.Most of the time it looks like **** and you have to do it again yourself anyway .Thats my opinion anyway .Please correct me if wrong
Old 07-10-2014, 08:13 PM   #192
SensationFG8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Honestly I have no problem with dealer delivery here. They've gotta make a crust to pay all the staff there... I don't believe the auto industry is really making dealers of these cars into millionaires...
Sensation FG XR8 290kW NA V8, 6spd Automatic

Current Rides
Octane GTF SC V8, 6spd Manual, Manta 3" X pipes and hotdogs
Starlight Lotus Evora S 258kW SC V6, 6spd Manual
SensationFG8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2014, 08:15 PM   #193
Tbm1121

Simple way to avoid paying dealer delivery? Don't buy the car from a dealership.......
Old 07-10-2014, 08:29 PM   #194
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

So where do you buy a new car if not from a dealership?
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2014, 08:33 PM   #195
smiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbm1121 View Post
Simple way to avoid paying dealer delivery? Don't buy the car from a dealership.......
Im not saying I dont want to pay it .but I think it shouldnt be whatever the dealer so desires .if that is the case.
Old 07-10-2014, 08:42 PM   #196
SensationFG8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If it's too high you can goto another dealer

Or if you really dont like the deal you're getting and it's not possible to goto another dealer goto another brand.
Sensation FG XR8 290kW NA V8, 6spd Automatic

Current Rides
Octane GTF SC V8, 6spd Manual, Manta 3" X pipes and hotdogs
Starlight Lotus Evora S 258kW SC V6, 6spd Manual
SensationFG8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2014, 08:48 PM   #197
elfinke

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddis01 View Post
So where do you buy a new car if not from a dealership?
What if the emphasis is on the "don't buy" rather than "the dealership"?

elfinke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2014, 08:59 PM   #198
Tbm1121

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfinke View Post
What if the emphasis is on the "don't buy" rather than "the dealership"?

Exactly, every single dealer does it, it's a way of covering the loads required, the car doesn't magically come from the manufacturers cleaned and prepared for delivery, there is the detail, the pre delivery, the transport from the holding yards, they have to pay insurance on the car while they have it, most dealers don't own there stock they are on a finance floor plan which costs money, even if the car is ordered for a customer, still costs money, d/d is something you can't avoid, as a customer and hopefully buyer, it's your job to negotiate a deal, if you can't do this yourself, simply have a friend or broker go in on your behalf, before they go in tell them what you want and how much you have to spend, a third party has no emotional connection to the purchase so it is simply business, sometimes they may save you some more money.
2 users like this post:
Old 07-10-2014, 11:22 PM   #199
HO 3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FGX335 View Post

Yeah I ordered one the other day for the wife..............paperwork says Auto, XR8 and I was told when the model codes come through I will receive an email with the official paper work, delivery Mar, April 2015.

Cheers Mick
Old 08-10-2014, 02:06 AM   #200
kempy311
BEN

I went into today and gave my dealer a serve in trying to charge me $5500 for dealer delivery after much back and forth and threatening to tear the contract up I got it knocked down by $3000. So comes in at a touch under $61800. That is the price set on my contract not sure why other dealer don't have any prices. I am the first off the rank at my dealer so I will get mine in the first batch which he says should be November. If anyone else in perth is looking for a good price try park ford they told me a price of $617**. Can't wait to get into mine.
My Thread. The new whip: 2014 FGX XR8 Auto in victory gold. Mods : BMC air filter, 1500cc injectors, Walbro 485, 58mm kpm snout, kpm intercooler, 35% front and 20% rear tint, pedders supercar coilovers, whiteline sway bars, Phillips HIDs, lenso d1r wheels.
331rwkw.
12.7 sec stock as a rock with a passenger.
Now with 620rwhp ready to run the 10

built zf, built tailshaft, corn juice all to come.

The old rig: 2008 FG XR8 Auto in dash green with a tonne of mods to make 311rwkw.
kempy311 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2014, 02:54 AM   #201
HO 3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I went into today and gave my dealer a serve in trying to charge me $5500 for dealer delivery after much back and forth and threatening to tear the contract up I got it knocked down by $3000. So comes in at a touch under $61800. That is the price set on my contract not sure why other dealer don't have any prices. I am the first off the rank at my dealer so I will get mine in the first batch which he says should be November. If anyone else in perth is looking for a good price try park ford they told me a price of $617**. Can't wait to get into mine.
I take it you didn't read my previous post Kempy?

Cheers Mick
Old 08-10-2014, 12:06 PM   #202
kempy311
BEN

Quote:
I take it you didn't read my previous post Kempy?

Cheers Mick
Which one?
My Thread. The new whip: 2014 FGX XR8 Auto in victory gold. Mods : BMC air filter, 1500cc injectors, Walbro 485, 58mm kpm snout, kpm intercooler, 35% front and 20% rear tint, pedders supercar coilovers, whiteline sway bars, Phillips HIDs, lenso d1r wheels.
331rwkw.

The old rig: 2008 FG XR8 Auto in dash green with a tonne of mods to make 311rwkw.
Old 08-10-2014, 12:26 PM   #203
Anchor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiddy View Post
Why isnt there a set price on delivery what do they do that gives them the right to rip us off as far as im concerned its a big con .so they wash it get it delivered to dealership .what else.Most of the time it looks like **** and you have to do it again yourself anyway .Thats my opinion anyway .Please correct me if wrong
You forgot about paying the salesmen. I think that's important. I do like to eat more than ramen noodles and frozen vegetables some nights.

Everyone's entitled to make money. If you don't like it, negotiate. If that doesn't work, go to another dealer.
67 SS Nova Coupe. Iron AES 398 LS. T56. 2x 72mm T-netics BB. TCI Pro Touring F&R Clip. Streetfighter Project. 1200hp
73 Z28 RS Camaro. 6.0 LS. Coilovers. 18x9 / 18x10.
Anchor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 08-10-2014, 01:16 PM   #204
furiousgibbon

Quote:
Still sounds kinda high to me, I just looked at the quote for my F6 which I bought in Perth in January, dealer delivery was $1,359.

You're never going to get a new car without paying dealer delivery, unless you want to go to a model where you order direct from the manufacturer online and pick it up from the docks yourself, which makes negotiation impossible (Subaru BRZ for example).
furiousgibbon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2014, 01:28 PM   #205
HO 3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Which one?

Pm sent

Cheers Mick
Old 08-10-2014, 02:08 PM   #206
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Yeah I ordered one the other day for the wife..............paperwork says Auto, XR8 and I was told when the model codes come through I will receive an email with the official paper work, delivery Mar, April 2015.

Cheers Mick
I expect an updated profile pic of wife on bonnet Mick.
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 08-10-2014, 02:30 PM   #207
HO 3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg2503 View Post
I expect an updated profile pic of wife on bonnet Mick.

Lol this time with it being the wife's car I'd be lucky if she doesn't have me on the bonnet!!!...............I said to her the other day when the car arrives I might put the HO 3 plates on it, that got canned instantly, something along the lines of not wanting to be the 3rd ho

Cheers Mick
Old 08-10-2014, 03:34 PM   #208
kempy311
BEN

Im much happier with what i am paying now so I will leave it at that price and also it suppose to be one of the first off the truck. Edit to my previous post park ford $608**.
331rwkw.

Old 08-10-2014, 04:56 PM   #209
geobar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Deposit paid for a Manual Victory Gold XR8 with mats, premium plates, full tank delivery early 2015 $57.xxx drive away.

George
geobar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 08-10-2014, 05:45 PM   #210
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Anyone ordered a car and told the dealer not to detail it, not to put the plates on not to drive it etc?
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post