Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 07-09-2011, 07:49 PM   #1
THE CADBURY KID

Default Whoop *** wednesday

Who is busting to get down the plex tonight to flog the **** off their car?
Im going down for a look because i know there will be some hard trying dudes that have been waiting months for a thrash.
Know a guy who has built a 400 plus hp motor for his gt coupe and im interested to see if his guestimates are right.
Let me know how you went.

THE CADBURY KID is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2011, 09:54 AM   #2
JG33RD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Whoop *** wednesday

So how did he go?
JG33RD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2011, 11:11 AM   #3
THE CADBURY KID

He didnt go i left early in a poopy because i nearly got run over in the staging lanes by a commodore and i started abusing holden drivers so i pretty much left straightaway.
I saw an xw/y red with gold simmons looked pretty sweet and just before i left i saw the d xd ute but never saw it do a pass.
Im a non smoker and non drinker and i get raped for alcohol searches and have to sit and sniff cigarette smoke in the non smoking area so as far as im concerned im better off to stay away until they get it sorted.
Which will be never...
Old 08-09-2011, 06:42 PM   #4
gavforce8

are you serious!!! I nearly get run over evry time I go there, normally my fault walking in front of someone not paying attention...the staging lanes are for the cars??

I'm a non smoker as well, in fact hate it with a passion but never had a problem, I raced, walked the staging lanes, put my car away and watched a set go thru, then stayed for the burnout's...never had a problem...wow looks like we saw both ends of the spectrum...thast's a bummer for you man, the Plex is a great place.
gavforce8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2011, 07:58 PM   #5
THE CADBURY KID

The guy who nearly hit me was speeding,not because i had my eyes closed and didnt see him.
I used to think the plex was awesome too and id have done closer to 200 passes instead of 120 if they didnt overload the lanes with cars so much.
In the days there was a 160 limit they would let in 180-190 and now its 180 limit they let in 200 plus some days, i understand the insurance costs but at least think of the people who pay money at the gate.
Money hungry to pay insurances doesnt make for good racing in my eyes, too many cars means no fun,i guess that makes the other stuff seem worse.
I was one of the first in line when it opened and one of the first to ever race on it, i even had a chance to do a skid on a clean brand new pad but my dedication has waivered somewhat over the years as the service has gone down hill a wee bit...
Old 09-09-2011, 03:46 PM   #6
Giant
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Organising Nulon to sponsor AFF. 

Had a heap of fun got in 7 runs and I missed the first 2 runs plenty of people in the staging lanes its just part of all the fun. The time before I went was way to many cars and had to wait a long time between my 3 runs.
Giant is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2011, 08:15 PM   #7
THE CADBURY KID

What car were you in? and how fast did you go?
i was surprised at the lack of cars first night out,made me wish i was racing.
same deal,last time i raced i only got 3 in and the lines of cars were bent around the end of the lanes.
I guess it is just a personal point of view deal and maybe im just not into it as much as i used to be,possibly the old cranky dog syndrome has set in and i tend to focus on the bad also,not good at all.
Bit of an eye opener to see every second street car run 11s, insanely fast in my eyes.

Last edited by THE CADBURY KID; 09-09-2011 at 08:21 PM.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:49 PM   #8
gavforce8

Het Free, don't be a cranky old dog!

Awesome speeds especially, turbo 6's, there was a plian jane FG xr6, the guy screwed up his burnout time & time again, to his credit he reversed back until he was happy he smoked the tyres, one time 3 goes, the crowd had a few laughs, he then ran 11.88, the smile go bigger then! It was smoking fast.

FYI my BF Force 8 ran a 13.7 @ 169.36 km, best time so far
Old 09-09-2011, 08:56 PM   #9
Tocchi
Sandtrap Motorsport

Shannon didn't get nearly run over, it's a cover story, he actually lost to a Nissan Micra on the 1/4 mile

:p xoxoxox haha

Sandtrap Motorsport's BF XR6T wagon -- to tow around the Capri ^^^

www.facebook.com/SandtrapMotorsport
Tocchi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2011, 10:26 PM   #10
THE CADBURY KID

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tocchi
Shannon didn't get nearly run over, it's a cover story, he actually lost to a Nissan Micra on the 1/4 mile

:p xoxoxox haha
cheers Matty,ive had a poxy couple of days and you just put a smile on my face
how ya been dude?
Old 09-09-2011, 10:29 PM   #11
THE CADBURY KID

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavforce8
Het Free, don't be a cranky old dog!

Awesome speeds especially, turbo 6's, there was a plian jane FG xr6, the guy screwed up his burnout time & time again, to his credit he reversed back until he was happy he smoked the tyres, one time 3 goes, the crowd had a few laughs, he then ran 11.88, the smile go bigger then! It was smoking fast.

FYI my BF Force 8 ran a 13.7 @ 169.36 km, best time so far
i know the one you mean,did he have a passenger? i saw what looked to be a v8 na but it was a turbo and i thought damn it can only just turn the tyres and he had to reverse up to try again then he did a smoking 11 second pass and i shut my mouth right up.
Whats been done to the stealth force 8? i reckon they look stealth anyhow.
Old 10-09-2011, 01:03 PM   #12
gavforce8

Free, went offline, I might not smoke but I drink! A few Friday night sherberts

the Force has a BPR CAI, cat back (no power gains, a bit louder, not much), BPT generic Sniper tune...that's it. I think she goes very well for limited bolt on's.

Next month or so I will get some headers & hi flo cats, looking at the ZF box tune, maybe, then we'll see how she goes then, thought about diff gears but she is my daily so it is 30/70 at this stage, am looking at getting a S/C FG so have issues spending the money on the Force. (although Force is bloody good bus, she still turns heads and non car people thinks she's new!!)

Hey Free just had a look at your birthday, you too young to be a grump...haha
Old 10-09-2011, 03:26 PM   #13
Tocchi
Sandtrap Motorsport

Quote:
Originally Posted by FREE02
cheers Matty,ive had a poxy couple of days and you just put a smile on my face
how ya been dude?
no probs glad i could assist
i've been good, selling the FG, bought an old Toyota Crown ('74), just tafe taking up all my time, and capri will be racing soon ! so i guess you will have to put up with my mugface at the drags more often haha

Sandtrap Motorsport's BF XR6T wagon -- to tow around the Capri ^^^

www.facebook.com/SandtrapMotorsport
Tocchi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2011, 05:19 PM   #14
THE CADBURY KID

2jz conversion?