Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 04-07-2006, 02:36 AM   #1
alex2k2000
Starter Motor

Angry 95 Fiesta - Ignition Problem

So, this is the problem:

Barrel wore down to the point that I could no longer turn my key in it, including the master.

Instead of paying the 80 quid that ford wanted to rebuild the barrel and also the trouble of having my car towed to them for them to do this, I went to a scrap yard and purchased a 'new' barrel and key, and also got the PATS reciever.

I swapped out the old barrel and PATS reciever for the 'new' ones and went to start the car, but the dashboard light (under the clock - for the immobilsor I assume) keeps flashing and the car won't start.

I know that the 'new' key/barrel/PATS is correct because the guy accidentally turned the scrap car over in trying to remove the ignition console.

Any ideas would be helpful, as I am meant to be moving house in a week. I would have taken it to the garage and taken the 150 quid total bill, but they are full.

Thanks

Alex

alex2k2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2006, 11:10 AM   #2
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I take it you're not in Australia as we didn't get Fiesta's in 1995?

You probably need to program the new key to the PATS in your car. The receiver part most likely only sends the signal to the cars ECU which is still looking for your old key code.