Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 19-12-2020, 12:15 PM   #1
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Had my first sort of experience with this covid business. Due to the northern beaches 'outbreak', my mum got tested as her boyfriend lives up that way. It was a negative result. But regardless, and im not saying anything ill towards policy, but the nursing home my grandparents live in have said no contact for 14 days. So thats put a dampener on christmas.
Old 19-12-2020, 12:38 PM   #2
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 23:59 GMT December 18th, 2020.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

23 new cases for Australia and 0 deaths so the CMR is 3.232%. NSW recorded 16 cases, Queensland 3 and WA, Vic & the NT recorded 1 each.

10 new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 1.185% and active cases 51.

The UK had a lower 26,507 cases yesterday and 489 deaths.

Just under 239k new cases in the USA yesterday and 3,400 deaths sees CMR drop to 1.804% and active cases at 39.8% with the raw numbers rising and now over 7.0M. Note that the USA is actually minus one day due to time differences.

Other notable points:
Global cases set a new daily high of 738,206 (17/12);
India passes 10M cases;
The USA completes 230M, India 158M, France 30M, Turkey 22M, UAE 19M, South Africa 6M and Iraq 4M tests.

Syria (169) - for the 5th consecutive day;
Namibia (434);
Paraguay (1,268) - the previous high on September 12th;
Slovakia (3,991);
Denmark (4,508);
Sweden (9,659);
Colombia (13,277) - the previous high on August 18th; and
Germany (31,553)

recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive days.

Observatio Facta Rotae

4 users like this post:
Old 19-12-2020, 12:46 PM   #3
PhilT2

Qld Health have put up the contact tracing list for the infected person who came up from Sydney on the 16th.
https://www.qld.gov.au/health/condit...yg_zSNlD5J3NuM
This user likes this post:
Old 19-12-2020, 04:01 PM   #4
tweeked
N/A all the way

Early days for this bre outbreak in NSW, but what i immediately notice is the very specific info available very quickly compared to what we got in VIC. This train at this time, this cafe at this time. Vic i was getting text messages saying that there was a case in my area, and to get tested if i felt unwell. Vic seemed to get better with the last scare around Shepp... I am glad some changes are being made with flight crews, that made no sense .

Old 19-12-2020, 05:17 PM   #5
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Rupert Murdoch has had the Pfizer COVID vaccine overnight.

https://www.smh.com.au/world/europe/...19-p56owb.html

In the meantime, he tells his various News Corp media outlets to continue to undermine the pandemic, and the COVID vaccination campaign, and keep spreading misinformation.

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/busin...a-lon-orig.cnn

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tuck...ech-censorship

Last edited by Tickford.; 19-12-2020 at 05:23 PM.
Old 19-12-2020, 06:26 PM   #6
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

For people not familiar with "The Northern Beaches" and how you'd lockdown a specific LGA in a major Australian city, this may help.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/No...!4d151.2568777

90% of it is bordered by water and they're shutting down the ferries to the Central Coast and Sydney. And there's only 3 roads in and out. So it's one of the more "lockdownable" land areas.
Old 19-12-2020, 11:16 PM   #7
leesa

There are multiple cases in QLD as it's been detected in sewerage at gold coast, townsville, north cairns and cleveland. Those people will probably be spreading it in the community right now. Stay safe!

Old 19-12-2020, 11:25 PM   #8
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesa View Post
There are multiple cases in QLD as it's been detected in sewerage at gold coast, townsville, north cairns and cleveland. Those people will probably be spreading it in the community right now. Stay safe!
Gold Coast, Townsville, Cairns and Cleveland. All good holiday destinations. All have had quite a number of interstate visitors in the last few days.

Wonder if QLD Health would be able to determine if there's a link to the northern beaches cluster?
Old 20-12-2020, 08:03 AM   #9
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
And there's only 3 roads in and out. So it's one of the more "lockdownable" land areas.
Yes 3, assuming they close them off at Roseville Chase, the Spit and St Ives Chase.
Any closer East and there are a few back roads.

Just as easy to shut off $ydney being surrounded by National Parks with few outbound Hwys.
Hope it doesn't come to that.

Old 19-12-2020, 07:31 PM   #10
DRU842
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And here's the details available from NSW Health website: https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infect...nd-alerts.aspx
Stay safe everyone.
2017 Mustang Lightening Blue, Cobb Intercooler, CAI, AccessPort, Turbo Blanket & V2 Exhaust, Mishimoto Down-Pipe & Overflow Tank, GFB DV+, Custom CRD Tune. Ford Performance Short Throw Shifter & Strut Brace. DBA T3 Brakes & Pads. Braided Brake Lines. H&R Coilovers. Anderson CF Track Pack Spoiler & Tailgate Panel. Blue CF/Leather Steering Wheel.
Old 19-12-2020, 10:34 PM   #11
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Sydney to Hobart yacht race cancelled due to NSW coronavirus outbreak
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-12-...virus/13001142
2 users like this post:
Old 20-12-2020, 06:44 AM   #12
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
Sydney to Hobart yacht race cancelled due to NSW coronavirus outbreak
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-12-...virus/13001142
For the first time in 76 years.....

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
2 users like this post:
Old 20-12-2020, 08:10 AM   #13
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR-351 View Post
For the first time in 76 years.....
I remember them annoucing a few months back most of the maxi's weren't going to attend anyway.
It would have been a good race this year with more local yachts becoming competitive for line honours and the media not using all their airtime talking about multi million $$$ super yachts.

Further afield , I wonder if Dakar will go ahead.

5 users like this post:
Old 20-12-2020, 09:02 AM   #14
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
I remember them annoucing a few months back most of the maxi's weren't going to attend anyway.
It would have been a good race this year with more local yachts becoming competitive for line honours and the media not using all their airtime talking about multi million $$$ super yachts.

Further afield , I wonder if Dakar will go ahead.
Thats right it was pretty much all local boats, there are a few internationals who have had there boats here since last year but most of the overseas crews couldn't get here anyhow.

It's a bugger as a mate up here was going to crew in his first Sydney to Hobart, boats name is Banter a Bene 45 which has raced before but this year was to be a first for the new owner and crew.

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
3 users like this post:
Old 19-12-2020, 10:42 PM   #15
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

I thought NSW updates their COVID stats at 8pm daily? So far I cannot see an update for today.

https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infect...stats-nsw.aspx

BTW, did anyone notice the difference of when the VIC Premier entered the press conference room to give his COVID update, and when the SA Premier entered the press room to give his COVID update last month, to the NSW Premier entering the press room today and yesterday, to give her COVID update? Can you spot the difference?
Old 19-12-2020, 11:02 PM   #16
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Please post some links to these conferences so comparisons may be made.
Old 20-12-2020, 12:01 AM   #17
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

People in NSW told to go and get tested if you have any symptoms.

But... this is what some are finding today.

In NSW, COVID is only infectious during an outbreak between the hours of 9am to 4pm, Monday to Friday.
Old 20-12-2020, 12:09 AM   #18
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

They should be running the drive/walk-up testing at other venues; the Golden Arches, bottle-ohs, Colesworths’ smokes counter.
Old 20-12-2020, 11:08 AM   #19
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post
BTW, did anyone notice the difference of when the VIC Premier entered the press conference room to give his COVID update, and when the SA Premier entered the press room to give his COVID update last month, to the NSW Premier entering the press room today and yesterday, to give her COVID update? Can you spot the difference?
Anyone spot it yet?

I would post evidence, but it might be considered NSW bashing, and I don't want to upset Russell.

Permission to post a couple of pictures Russ?

Berejiklian due to speak in just under an hour. Let's see if her attitude towards community transmission in her state has changed overnight.
I highly doubt it.
Old 20-12-2020, 12:42 PM   #20
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Berejiklian due to speak in just under an hour. Let's see if her attitude towards community transmission in her state has changed overnight.
I highly doubt it.
Nope. Status quo remains.

I'll post photos and explain. If deemed inappropriate, Russ please edit.

During the Melbourne outbreak, this was the Premier of VIC (22/07/2020):

During the Adelaide outbreak, this was the Premier of SA (20/11/2020):

During the Sydney outbreak, this was the Premier of NSW (yesterday)

Spot the difference?

And today once again. No mask. Berejiklian has turned up to the presser for the last three days in a row not wearing a mask, while asking everyone else to wear one!?? She wasn't wearing one even before she got to the microphones, as can be seen in the background.

As the leader of their state, the VIC and SA Premiers set an example for their people by wearing a mask to the press conferences. But Berejiklian has not. Yesterday, Hazzard was the only one wearing a mask. Today, Hazzard and Chant wearing masks. But why can't Berejiklian wear a mask? Lead by example??

It shows her attitude to this pandemic has an agenda that is must adhere to. Has she ever worn a mask? Find me a photo of Berejiklian wearing a mask. Has she a health issue that prevents her from wearing a mask for a few minutes on camera to set an example for her state to follow?

Last edited by russellw; 20-12-2020 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Removed insult
3 users like this post:
Old 20-12-2020, 01:40 PM   #21
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
And today once again. No mask. Berejiklian has turned up to the presser for the last three days in a row not wearing a mask, while asking everyone else to wear one!?? She wasn't wearing one even before she got to the microphones, as can be seen in the background.

As the leader of their state, the VIC and SA Premiers set an example for their people by wearing a mask to the press conferences. But Berejiklian has not. Yesterday, Hazzard was the only one wearing a mask. Today, Hazzard and Chant wearing masks. But why can't Berejiklian wear a mask? Lead by example??

It shows her attitude to this pandemic has an agenda that is must adhere to. Has she ever worn a mask? Find me a photo of Berejiklian wearing a mask. Has she a health issue that prevents her from wearing a mask for a few minutes on camera to set an example for her state to follow?
Seeing as you posted pics of the 3 most newsworthy premiers, perhaps in the interest of fair play, you could show some pics from the 5 you didn't post?

Last edited by russellw; 20-12-2020 at 03:01 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 20-12-2020, 01:54 PM   #22
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
Seeing as you posted pics of the 3 most newsworthy premiers, perhaps in the interest of fair play, you could show some pics from the 5 you didn't post?
No, just post five pictures of Dr Spurrier. She’s dreamy.
Old 20-12-2020, 03:08 PM   #23
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
Has there been as big an COVID outbreak in the community, in a very short period in any other State or Territory other than VIC, SA and NSW??

Talk about totally missing the point!!
Old 20-12-2020, 04:22 PM   #24
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Has there been as big an COVID outbreak in the community, in a very short period in any other State or Territory other than VIC, SA and NSW??

Talk about totally missing the point!!
Missing the point? When was the BIG outbreak in WA?...Although McGowan has a good reason for making a lot of noise about Covid, he's got an election coming up shortly

As I said could you provide pics of the other premiers that wore masks at press conference please....other than the three you posted, that seem to attract the most attention.

Quote:
EXACTLY my point!

Your post proves that there are a lot of people who 'just don't get it'.

Berejiklian is asking everyone in her state to wear masks, when she has not wearing one herself.

Also, instead of making the wearing of masks mandatory, she seems to think everyone in her state will listen to her if she says please. Twice.

Just what IS your point. She isn't asking everyone to wear a mask, but recommending they be worn when in high-risk indoor areas.
Old 20-12-2020, 01:59 PM   #25
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Nope. Status quo remains.

I'll post photos and explain. If deemed inappropriate, Russ please edit.

During the Melbourne outbreak, this was the Premier of VIC (22/07/2020):

During the Adelaide outbreak, this was the Premier of SA (20/11/2020):

During the Sydney outbreak, this was the Premier of NSW (yesterday)

Spot the difference?

Is everyone else wearing masks in all of NSW? is it compulsory? think your nitpicking comments is way over the top at times whether in jest or not, now I can understand why Russell jumped on you.

Last edited by russellw; 20-12-2020 at 03:03 PM.
4 users like this post:
Old 20-12-2020, 02:17 PM   #26
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Brad Hazzard, (Mr New World order) asking politely to wear masks and please do the right thing.
Reminds me of......

They didn't go far enough so the other states did.

Old 20-12-2020, 03:09 PM   #27
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officemanager View Post
Is everyone else wearing masks in all of NSW? is it compulsory?
EXACTLY my point!

Berejiklian is asking everyone in her state to wear masks, when she has not wearing one herself.

Also, instead of making the wearing of masks mandatory, she seems to think everyone in her state will listen to her if she says please. Twice.

Old 20-12-2020, 03:16 PM   #28
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
EXACTLY my point!

That press conference was a little pathetic really, didn't really answer any questions, apart from chanting and singing requirements.

She seems like she is reluctant to act. At least make it mandatory to wear masks in shopping centres and on public transport until more information is found.

2 users like this post:
Old 20-12-2020, 06:20 PM   #29
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
EXACTLY my point!

Maybe you should get on the phone to Gladys Berejiklian and give her a few tips since you think you know everything.
Cheers
5 users like this post:
Old 20-12-2020, 03:35 PM   #30
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officemanager View Post
Is everyone else wearing masks in all of NSW? is it compulsory? think your nitpicking comments is way over the top at times whether in jest or not, now I can understand why Russell jumped on you.
It isn't but highly recommended according to the NSW govt.

I get where he is coming from. It you want to message that it's good to wear a mask, then be seen wearing a mask

I truely hope they get this under control real quick.
Closed Thread