Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 01-07-2011, 11:14 AM   #1
vhcbm
having Fiesta withdrawals

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Ford couldn't fix my BlueTooth issue. This member posted a download link, with instruction, on how to do it myself. One week on, the unit hasn't played up once. Three different dealers told me to virtually 'Live with it. 
Default XR4 Wheels on Mk7

Has anybody fitted the XR4 wheels to their Mk7? Do they fit alright or can anybody confirm for me that they will. the size of them is 205/40 I think.

Past: 2009 Ford Fiesta LX in Vision Blue - Sold
vhcbm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2011, 08:27 AM   #2
Twinpiston
Finally rollin on 20's

Default Re: XR4 Wheels on Mk7

Should't be a problem, I have seen the 17" Mk7 Zetec rims on XR4's!
K&N, F6 Snorkel, Debung, 20" Enix Turbine in Gunmetal, 7 seat rear springs.
Twinpiston is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2011, 11:01 AM   #3
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vhcbm
the size of them is 205/40 I think.
The XR4 wheels are 17" x 7", 4 x 108 PCD, ET52.5 offset .. the stock tyres that came with the XR4 are 205/40R17 size

Bear in mind though that the XR4 wheels have a centre cap which is prone to falling off! .. and they are quite expensive to replace .. XR4 wheels are also a right pain to clean!

So long as the Mk 7 has a 4 x 108 PCD they should fit OK, of course you will have to allow for the extra rolling diameter if going for larger 17" wheels

Personally I would be looking at some good quality aftermarket wheels, not much available in Australia in that PCD, but with the Aussie Dollar so high at the moment it's a great time to buy from places like http://www.tirerack.com/
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2011, 09:40 AM   #4
Fled74
The Thread Killa

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the XR4 also has a steering rack limiter to compensate for the wider wheels?
I assume that means you'll need the limiter as well if you fit XR4 rims to a WS.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2011, 10:24 AM   #5
trento
Audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fled74
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the XR4 also has a steering rack limiter to compensate for the wider wheels?
I assume that means you'll need the limiter as well if you fit XR4 rims to a WS.
Not necessarily, A heap of us are running 17x7's with 205/40/17 tyres without any issues. I contacted ford at the time of fitting my 17's and they didnt have the SR limiter on their books as a part even though the website clearly states it as an option extra required for the 17's.

ZOOM ZOOM: 2009 Mazda 3 MPS (2nd gen) 256bhp through the front wheels... hello torque steer!!!
trento is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2011, 10:29 AM   #6
Fled74
The Thread Killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by trento
Not necessarily, A heap of us are running 17x7's with 205/40/17 tyres without any issues. I contacted ford at the time of fitting my 17's and they didnt have the SR limiter on their books as a part even though the website clearly states it as an option extra required for the 17's.
Thanks for clearing that up. Must be a WP/WQ thing then.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2011, 10:58 PM   #7
vhcbm

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Ford couldn't fix my BlueTooth issue. This member posted a download link, with instruction, on how to do it myself. One week on, the unit hasn't played up once. Three different dealers told me to virtually 'Live with it. 

You may be right because the WS 17" wheels require it, although many people have been using them without issue.

Old 22-10-2011, 03:51 PM   #8
vhcbm

Would lowering it make the SR even more of a necessary item?