Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 05-03-2006, 06:59 PM   #1
bwhinnen

Default Just like to say HI!

Just like to say hi to everyone.

I've been looking over the forum for a little while and like the diversity of the cars on here. Haven't had a big chance to get into the technical side of things yet but do hope to as well.

I'm a car enthusiast first and foremost and really do not have a specific make that I favour over any other. I've owned Holdens(4), Fiats(1), Subarus(1), Mazdas(2) and Toyotas(2).

My current daily driver which gets around 500km a week is a 1999 Subaru WRX which has evovled into a car ready to be a hillclimb / circuit car. Now that we have a 7month old son we have decided to upgrade the family car (a Mazda 323 Astina SP20) to something a little larger. A BF XR8 6MT in Rapid with luxury pack. Order should be placed this coming week with the local dealer.

This will be my first Ford, although I've had an appreciation for them over the years, and in reality every single Australian or not car gets compared to the GTHO, regardless of which model, either phase I through to IV.

Thanks all.

Brett

bwhinnen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2006, 07:08 PM   #2
vino3o2
owning V8=having no $$$

Welcome to the Forums Brett...Looks like you have owned a great variety of cars,
4 Holdens???????? Hmmm and a Fiat!! What sort of fiat was it?? Ive owned several of them, got out of them cause they constantly broke down!!

The Reality: 13.1 @ 106mph.... The Goal: somehow get into the 12s!!! :sm_headba

www.qldsuperkart.org
vino3o2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2006, 07:14 PM   #3
bwhinnen

Owned an 850 Sports when I was in Uni in Canberra, great little car for a Uni Student, better than the HZ 253 Ute I had before it.

Yes I was bought up a Holden person, but after owning a few (new ones at the time) decided that they were no longer for me to own, appreciate yes, but not to own a new one again. The blue oval was always the 'enemy' but as I grew up the car became the passion, not the make.

Look forward to my time here.

Cheers
Brett
bwhinnen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2006, 07:20 PM   #4
347_XR8
Slide Baby Slide

Welcome along. I'm sure if ya after ford info you'll find alot of it here

Mr Super Skid-Man
347_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2006, 07:33 PM   #5
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Welcome to the forum Brett ... good to see an open minded car enthusiast.
The WRX is a top perform vehicle ... have driven a few and was impressed ... unfortunately bad publicity has given it a bad name though.

Well done on the new purchase as well
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2006, 10:44 PM   #6
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Welcome Brett...you know you can check out anytime you want but you can never leave....nurse....Nurse....NURSE where's my valium.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post