Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 26-03-2007, 11:57 PM   #1
pHaT`eL
Banned

Default Good old Frankston

If anyone from South Eastern Melbourne is here, they will know what kind of reputation Frankston has.
This was sent to me this afternoon.

Old 27-03-2007, 12:06 AM   #2
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

LMAO thats a ripper, I am thinking at least its not a Ford..

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
Old 27-03-2007, 12:25 AM   #3
gthofan
Gunna girlie-man

hahahhaa very nice work!!! love it!

<INSERT WITTY SIGNATURE HERE>

Daily- 05' BA futura... work done.
Cruiser- 85' VK berlina... more work done
Old 27-03-2007, 12:33 AM   #4
351Fordgrunt
351 Cleveland

That looks to be 1 Proud dole bluger! What a Loser!
Old 27-03-2007, 01:19 AM   #5
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

There was a bimmer at summernats 2 years ago with personalised plates. Something like OnDDole.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
Old 27-03-2007, 01:35 AM   #6
BZINGA
Powered by Ford

[QUOTE=pHaT`eL]If anyone from South Eastern Melbourne is here, they will know what kind of reputation Frankston has.

Not sure why Frankston or its reputation gets credit here for a sticker on a windscreen, thats owned by a p-plater who may not have much money for a nice car which is parked outside the front doors of Frankston TAFE.
Old 27-03-2007, 09:31 AM   #7
XRated
Shoot.

Haha what a knob! It's better than the massive Holden and Ford stickers :P

20V Turbo

Old 27-03-2007, 10:02 AM   #8
Pursuit_chick
E-series mutantette

LMAO funny as! thank god its a beat up holden
Future mods: Speed Holes!
Old 27-03-2007, 10:24 AM   #9
boss-290

If I see that on Thursday when I go to TAFE, I'm gonna laugh my head off and take heaps of photos of it.

Does that werid looking person behind it, own it?

LOL
Old 27-03-2007, 10:30 AM   #10
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ha ha, my grandfather had that same car but a wagon. I stayed in Frankston once and I thought it was a nice quiet bayside town with a jetty where you could fish from or watch the sunset over Port Phillip Bay! I even ate at Foodstar and survived, LOL. When you've lived in Blacktown for a while, anywhere with a beach and water is nice.
Old 27-03-2007, 12:49 PM   #11
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Canary Time - Line of Sight reduced.............

How close is it parked to the car in front...........lol

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Old 27-03-2007, 12:58 PM   #12
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

I'm guessing this is one sticker Cranners WON'T be putting on his EL! :P
Old 27-03-2007, 02:49 PM   #13
Ralliart
2011 A New Fresh Start

that is the worst sicker i ever seen : : :
Old 27-03-2007, 03:22 PM   #14
paulie0735
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

powered by Centerlink....... my ars_e!! Powered by my hard earned tax dollars is more like it. That’s the trouble with ALL dole bludging work dodgers, they actually think its centerlinks money........ IT AIN'T its mine and every other hard working wage earner in this country’s tax dollars that’s paying his/hers fuel bills!!
Old 27-03-2007, 03:33 PM   #15
Christiaan
Tuned @ Pitlane Frankston

How about everyone jumps to conclusions?

I'm at uni, I work hard, and I get aus study. Does that mean I'm a dole bludger or work bludger?

This car is parked outside Chisolm tafe in frankston.

It's probably some 20 year old's car who thought it would get a laugh from his/her mates.

Everyone loves to jump on their soap box around here..
BA MKII XR6 Turbo, 6sp Manual - Vibe purple, Premium sound, Sports leather, BA XR8 wheels, Koni adjustable suspension, Nizpro v/springs, Walbro in-tank pump, Siemens 60lb injectors, Process West stage 1 intercooler, Mal Wood 11" Option 3 clutch, Tripod gauges, Custom Mainlube T56 gearbox oil, ETM turbo oil feed line, Typhoon intake, BMC Panel filter, Turbosmart BOV, Tuned by Pit Lane Performance - 300.4rwkw @ 12psi
Old 27-03-2007, 03:40 PM   #16
Christiaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulie0735
powered by Centerlink....... my ars_e!! Powered by my hard earned tax dollars is more like it. That’s the trouble with ALL dole bludging work dodgers, they actually think its centerlinks money........ IT AIN'T its mine and every other hard working wage earner in this country’s tax dollars that’s paying his/hers fuel bills!!
You live in Australia, and if you don't like it, go somewhere else.

I could liken your comments to that of a terrorist. You are threatening our way of life. If the government didn't take taxes from you to help young people study, or to help people find jobs, then who are you going to find to do your taxes? Who's going to manage our businesses, and take Australia into the future?

Our society is democratic. We have a lot of advantages over other countries, and one of them is equality. Without it, Australia would not be where it is today.
BA MKII XR6 Turbo, 6sp Manual - Vibe purple, Premium sound, Sports leather, BA XR8 wheels, Koni adjustable suspension, Nizpro v/springs, Walbro in-tank pump, Siemens 60lb injectors, Process West stage 1 intercooler, Mal Wood 11" Option 3 clutch, Tripod gauges, Custom Mainlube T56 gearbox oil, ETM turbo oil feed line, Typhoon intake, BMC Panel filter, Turbosmart BOV, Tuned by Pit Lane Performance - 300.4rwkw @ 12psi
Old 27-03-2007, 03:50 PM   #17
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Well said Yaggy

Centrelink got me through my final six months of uni when working 20 hours over the weekends (on top of full time uni during the weekdays) became too much. 4.5 years of doing 7-days-a-week work/uni had taken its toll on me, and having two final year projects to do on top of my regular classes forced me to quit my job. Even though Centrelink were very difficult to deal with, I credit them with giving me the financial freedom/free time on weekends to pass all my subjects and graduate.

My tax dollars from the 4.5 years leading up to my final six months at uni probably came back to me in the time I was on the dole :P

I am now a full time Engineer and I'd say a fair proportion of my taxed income is going back into Centrelink to help those who are going through what I was doing last year.
Old 27-03-2007, 05:11 PM   #18
savagE
Complete ****** n bogan

I was born in Frankston......... how embarrassing.
Old 27-03-2007, 05:14 PM   #19
Christiaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagE
I was born in Frankston......... how embarrassing.
Frankston houses one of the best hospitals in the South east suburbs, one of the best universities, and one of the best TAFE's.

Nothing to be embarrased about.
Old 27-03-2007, 05:19 PM   #20
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuresm58
How about everyone jumps to conclusions?

I'm at uni, I work hard, and I get aus study. Does that mean I'm a dole bludger or work bludger?

This car is parked outside Chisolm tafe in frankston.

It's probably some 20 year old's car who thought it would get a laugh from his/her mates.

Everyone loves to jump on their soap box around here..
Very true Yagz. I'm also a uni student (although I'm deferring this year). I used to recieve youth allowance, and that's what paid all the bills. Then I lost it, and I've struggled for money ever since. I'm working now, so I'm raising a bit of money, but to get youth allowance on top of it would still make life a lot easier.

Even still, I find that pic pretty funny

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Old 27-03-2007, 05:20 PM   #21
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
You live in Australia, and if you don't like it, go somewhere else.

I could liken your comments to that of a terrorist. You are threatening our way of life. If the government didn't take taxes from you to help young people study, or to help people find jobs, then who are you going to find to do your taxes? Who's going to manage our businesses, and take Australia into the future?

Our society is democratic. We have a lot of advantages over other countries, and one of them is equality. Without it, Australia would not be where it is today.
Yagz I think the comment was made towards those people out there that deliberately try to avoid finding a job because they prefer to sit around at home and do whatever, believe me there are people like that out there.

So maybe you both should jump down off your soapboxes that are on top of your high horses.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
Old 27-03-2007, 08:10 PM   #22
Christiaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedXR347
Yagz I think the comment was made towards those people out there that deliberately try to avoid finding a job because they prefer to sit around at home and do whatever, believe me there are people like that out there.

So maybe you both should jump down off your soapboxes that are on top of your high horses.
I think you'll find that these days, in order to claim the dole, you can't just sit around at home and do nothing.

Go and do some research and come back and contribute.
Old 27-03-2007, 08:34 PM   #23
boss-290

Quote:
We have a lot of advantages over other countries, and one of them is equality. Without it, Australia would not be where it is today.
Do you actually beleive that?

Or are you one of those people who beleive there own tripe.

Get a grip.
Old 27-03-2007, 08:35 PM   #24
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
I think you'll find that these days, in order to claim the dole, you can't just sit around at home and do nothing.

Go and do some research and come back and contribute.
Have and know, if only you thought before you posted.
Old 27-03-2007, 08:36 PM   #25
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss-290
Do you actually beleive that?

Or are you one of those people who beleive there own tripe.

Get a grip.
Uni student, he knows all.
Old 27-03-2007, 08:37 PM   #26
boss-290

Oh yeah,

If any of you are one of those people who hang out a Frankston station with your Jim Beam cans, swearing you heads off and blowing smoke into your children's faces. Well then you sicken me!

Frankston is a hole. Bloody drugos everywere you look.
Old 27-03-2007, 08:46 PM   #27
BZINGA