Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 21-08-2009, 06:46 PM   #1
brad`
The Monty

Angry 2 bad rattles and i dont know how to fix

ok so first of all im ashuming the bass from the sub did most of the work to make these things vibrate:

1st is the roof lining but at the rear window end
- i checked the two clips and there in as hard as i can get them, but seems to vibrate between them and i know because if i touch it doesnt do it haha

2nd and biggest pain in the Ar** is comming from the front dash it sounds as if it is in the center of the dash right above or behind the climate control unit, coz if i push down on the top of the dash it stops but i cant drive around like that haha i have even tried thumping it but due to not wanting to damage it or n e thing else i dont wanna do it.

any ideas?

cheers
brad`

brad` is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2009, 07:57 PM   #2
BuckTooth
Feel the boost

brad, i have found the rattle you may have in the front is most likely the vent piece (right against the front window). My xr8 suffers from the same thing. so if ya fix it before me please do share
Old 21-08-2009, 09:27 PM   #3
brad`
The Monty

hrmm never thought about that.. ill have alook monday arvo, work most w.e

cheers
brad`

brad` is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2009, 09:34 PM   #4
Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Donating Member2

My AU XR6 has rattle on and off since I took the centre panel off. I have been too lazy to fix it. I AM going to fix it and I think some very skinny foam glued to the outside of the inner part of the panel will do the trick.

I haven't had the trouble with the read of the roof lining though.
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2009, 07:18 PM   #5
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Smurf
My AU XR6 has rattle on and off since I took the centre panel off. I have been too lazy to fix it. I AM going to fix it and I think some very skinny foam glued to the outside of the inner part of the panel will do the trick.
I am going to try that one aswell, but around the front windscreen vent panel...

I'm in the process of rattle finding and repairing... i found some cracked plastic around the dash mounts and p/s air bag... i since filled with an epoxy thats good for ABS plastic, let set overnight and they've gone nice and hard, filling up the cracks and stopping the rattles from them.