Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 29-07-2009, 07:38 PM   #1
Fi.ES.TA

Default What will void your warranty

I went to my dealer today and spoke to the guys in services to find out
what mods they will allow you to make without voiding warranty
i was told you can add a K+N or other manufacturer panel filter
NO cold air induction filters and an exhaust from the back CAT not much hey.

I only asked because its my 1st brand new car and was paranoid what would void it,as i want to mod the **** off it so thats not going to happen for awhile : lol

Fi.ES.TA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2009, 07:54 PM   #2
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

As with all warranties in Australia, they have to prove what you modified caused the issue.

The modification has to relate to the failed part.

Any good modification is one you can remove prior to making a warranty claim that the dealer will not be aware of.

They can make comment/accusations on suspected modifications but they have to prove it.

Not sure why anyone would want to modify a WS Fiesta though. Hardly worth it.

:evil3:
Candyman2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2009, 08:01 PM   #3
XAJKX
Pool Cleaner

The Vehicle warranty covers the owner for manufacturing defects, meaning things that occur / fail due to or through the manufacturing process.

If you add or change any part on your car & that causes a problem with the car, its not covered.

Most people wait till the warranty period is finished before modding for that reason.

OH, Not much can VOID your warranty FORD are not able to simply cancel their legal and moral obligations to a vehicle.
XAJKX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2009, 08:17 PM   #4
Fi.ES.TA

Wink

I would of thought putting cold air induction would of been ok
but like you say easy enough to take off if something was to go wrong
and put the OS back on
Fi.ES.TA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2009, 08:53 PM   #5
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I voided mine by not taking it in for servicing at the dealers. But as others have said, it'd have to relate to the failed part. Unless you can just remove the CAI whenever you go get it serviced, then put it back on afterwards?
Old 29-07-2009, 10:46 PM   #6
Ben85

Quote:
Originally Posted by xurbanx
I voided mine by not taking it in for servicing at the dealers. But as others have said, it'd have to relate to the failed part. Unless you can just remove the CAI whenever you go get it serviced, then put it back on afterwards?
They cant void your warranty for not having the car serviced at a ford dealer!!! As long as a licensed mechanic has serviced the car and signed the log book, there is nothing they can say. My car has never been serviced by ford and still has full warranty.

Interior:- MOMO Blue Leather Gear Knob, Window tint, Scuff Plates, ST Black & Blue Leather seats, Soundstream Amp & 5x7 speakers, Sony Headunit, Pioneer sub & Amp.

Under the Hood:- Superchips ECU Flash Tune, Denso Iridium plugs, KV85 Magnecor Leads, BMC CDA Induction.

Exterior:- Spoiler, clear side repeaters, Lowered (35mm) King Springs, Whiteline 22mm Rear sway bar, 2" cat back exhaust with a dual conversion, Konig 17" Hotswap with Kumho Rubber, HID's.
Ben85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post