Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-10-2005, 10:50 PM   #1
xa bird
XA coupe owner

Angry Rego Inspectors

Took the bird over for a inspection yesterday to to bloke recommended by my neighbour who was supposed to be a good bloke, He went through me like a dose of salts made me so ****ed off I tossed the cheque at him and screwed up the report but now I have to get it cleared from him ( o dear ) maybe I need to take a mediator some of the things he picked were petty to say the least I think to much play in the seats how many coupes dont have this no reverse lights, dangerous power steering leak ,the hose clamp on the low pressure side was loose I didnt think that some one that was recommended would be as nasty as this guy but I was proved wrong any body else have a bad inspector.

xa bird is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2005, 10:58 PM   #2
BJ
Banned

Its his name on the RWC so he has the right to make you jump through hoops. But it depends as to what you call Petty.
BJ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2005, 11:17 PM   #3
xa bird
XA coupe owner

yeh I know He picked me on the upper ball joints I got a bar in there and could move them also the bolt in a rear seat belt was not straight although it is in the hole properly with a lock nut on it pin hole in on muffler box and we are talking a pin hole I may be just having a bit of a about it but daylight hours are few and far between now getting the car back to him is a pain all of the parts that he failed me on were fixed that night even the advise ones but now I need to not do a customers job to be able to take it back But knowing someone I thought he would give me a little bit of ground.
Old 01-10-2005, 11:27 PM   #4
BJ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xa bird
yeh I know He picked me on the upper ball joints I got a bar in there and could move them also the bolt in a rear seat belt was not straight although it is in the hole properly with a lock nut on it pin hole in on muffler box and we are talking a pin hole I may be just having a bit of a about it but daylight hours are few and far between now getting the car back to him is a pain all of the parts that he failed me on were fixed that night even the advise ones but now I need to not do a customers job to be able to take it back But knowing someone I thought he would give me a little bit of ground.
I had an Road worthy Licence for 15 years and if a freind bourght some one to me i would treat them the same way as i would anyone else. Most of the time when you look over a car on the ground, some things dont look to bad but once you get it up in the air and you see things in a differante light so to speak. Not say he did the wrong thing by you but dose he know you can he trust you. Dont forget that if you do get an easy roady and have a bingel and they find some part of the so called road worthy car was at fualt, its not you they will come after. I know its a pain in the bum, but i guess he thinks he has done the right thing.
BJ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2005, 11:49 PM   #5
xa bird
XA coupe owner

I really am not so angry at him but my own stupid self for taking so far to have done now I need to go get another permit which all takes time and also I have seen some of the cars and bikes this bloke has passed the handlebars broke off one bike due to rust and some of the cars are very bad at times have been passed wiyhout leaving the yard I cant figure.
Old 01-10-2005, 11:50 PM   #6
xa bird
XA coupe owner

maybe it is who you know not what you know
Old 02-10-2005, 12:45 AM   #7
Sunburst50

I have only once had troubles getting any of the cars that I have owned passed for rego and that was when a friend recommended that I take it to a certain mechanic. I now always get the rego inspections done by Ultra Tune who also service my cars and never have any problems. A well serviced and maintained car should never have any problems when it comes to rego time.
Sunburst50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2005, 05:48 PM   #8
BIGDOG

What state are you in

BIGDOG
Old 02-10-2005, 05:58 PM   #9
gtfpv
GT

IT DEPENDS ON WHAT ANGLE YOUR nieghbour was looking at it . did he mean a good bloke that will find all the problems allowing you to make your car very safe for you to have piece of mind . or dodgy so you can get it registered with a few thing over looked . i was recently in a high spped accident in a 1991 model laser . it was a borrowed car with 12 months rego on it . the guy i borrowed the car off knows nothing about cars so paid quite a bit for repairs before rego . i tell you thankyou to his mechanic and himself for keeping the car road worthy . i can tell you the drivers seat i was in saved my life. so it comes down to perspective .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2005, 07:04 PM   #10
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Also remember that these guys get audited and it's often their livelyhood. I had my car recalled for a spot inspection after it had been blue slipped for them to find 20 odd defects and they ended up taking the licence away from the guy that wrote me the slip. I only owned the car about 2 months and bang, off the road.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2005, 12:13 AM   #11
xa bird
XA coupe owner

I did not want him not to check the car but work wise and commitments this week I wanted to at least get the plates to free up daylight hours for work any repairs could have been done in the shed at night he was only doing his job I suppose my neighbour knew my time frame to get the car finished and reckoned this fellow would be the one to see that being said maybee he should have rang the fellow and told him of my plan otherwise I would have taken the car to someone closer to home as I said all the repairs and advise were done in the night. The bloke didn't really talk to me even I was talking to his wife about giving the car a run to clean it out when he burst through the door and said "you won't be taking that car anywhere" without so much as a "did you know" or "you need to fix" that probably set me off I"m calmed a little now not cranky at the mechanic anymore but still not impressed with the neighbour much.
Old 03-10-2005, 12:26 AM   #12
gtfpv
GT

sounds like the mechanic did have an attitude problem though . i onnce was given a white slip for ball joints on an xf falcon . and believe me there was nothing wrong with them . i didn't know what to do about it . so i changed them which really p!ssed me off because there was nothing wrong with them .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2005, 12:41 AM   #13
xa bird
XA coupe owner

: He failed one upper ball joint but I changed both while I was at it anyway they are only $20 at supercheap the horn was a bit of a challenge but kept going off when you turned the key to lock after running new wires it was still doing it turns out I had the wires crossed on the button and the steering lock pin was completing the circuit found this out 3 hours later all I could do laugh at myself
Old 04-10-2005, 08:00 PM   #14
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xa bird
I did not want him not to check the car but work wise and commitments this week I wanted to at least get the plates to free up daylight hours for work any repairs could have been done in the shed at night he was only doing his job I suppose my neighbour knew my time frame to get the car finished and reckoned this fellow would be the one to see that being said maybee he should have rang the fellow and told him of my plan otherwise I would have taken the car to someone closer to home as I said all the repairs and advise were done in the night. The bloke didn't really talk to me even I was talking to his wife about giving the car a run to clean it out when he burst through the door and said "you won't be taking that car anywhere" without so much as a "did you know" or "you need to fix" that probably set me off I"m calmed a little now not cranky at the mechanic anymore but still not impressed with the neighbour much.

Use freakin punctuation you outlandish thing of humanity, sheesh

My brain runs out of breath just trying to read it!
clontarf_x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2005, 10:11 PM   #15
zoomzoom

i think all youguys should take a step back and think about the guy who is signing the RWC he is the one how gets the fine when he gets audited not the owner of the car
zoomzoom is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2005, 11:45 PM   #16
Black XR6
Formerly Black EX-R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by clontarf_x
Use freakin punctuation you outlandish thing of humanity, sheesh

My brain runs out of breath just trying to read it!
What are you talking about, I counted atleast 6 instances of punctuation sprinkled throughout the piece.

Stinking, mongrel, dog.
Black XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post