Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 17-12-2020, 09:04 PM   #8281
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Re: Covid 19 -

My money is on an adult services worker who saw both an infected client (possibly air crew on the sly) and someone close to the drummer.
This user likes this post:
Old 17-12-2020, 11:27 PM   #8282
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Now President Macron of France, is positive for coronavirus. As a Francophile, this naturally concerns me.

Closer to home, I’ve just now received an “urgent” email from EdCon steel, informing of some immediate branch closures starting tomorrow for safety. This would not be a decision they took lightly in respect to the time of year. I hope H&G have got a similar plan, it’s a riot in there too.
Old 18-12-2020, 12:01 AM   #8283
mostly_broncos

the thing that defeats lockdowns is always money..

Regardless of how they try to put the blame on regular idiots, some rich fool flies in and they get waved right through. Actor, politician, dopey paris hilton type whatever

Here in the states every governor or congresscritter goes on tv and lectures us about staying home for the holiday and then hops on a plane and goes wherever they feel like going.

The rules only apply to proles
Old 18-12-2020, 07:55 AM   #8284
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

The saving grace here is that Sydneysiders tend to be geographic hermits- if you live in the East, you never cross Anzac Parade, if you live in the Inner West, you never cross the Bridge/Anzac Parade and if you live in the Northern Beaches, you never travel further south than Brookvale.
Old 18-12-2020, 10:09 AM   #8285
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
As a Francophile, this naturally concerns me.
I don't mind Franco either, even tho I don't agree with all of his views. Don't know that I'd call myself a 'Francophile' tho.

Mind you, with your earlier post about an adult services worker, I see the link

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
5 users like this post:
Old 18-12-2020, 10:19 AM   #8286
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

It’s starting to look like my hypothesis is at least 50% right.
Old 18-12-2020, 11:28 AM   #8287
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
It’s starting to look like my hypothesis is at least 50% right.
sooo.......
you could still swing either way

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
2 users like this post:
Old 18-12-2020, 11:49 AM   #8288
mostly_broncos

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
I don't mind Franco either, even tho I don't agree with all of his views. Don't know that I'd call myself a 'Francophile' tho.

Mind you, with your earlier post about an adult services worker, I see the link
The guy has been dead for 45 years hasn't he?

He was also my favorite generalissimo , although I don't really know of any others.
Old 18-12-2020, 12:09 PM   #8289
hayseed

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
The saving grace here is that Sydneysiders tend to be geographic hermits- if you live in the East, you never cross Anzac Parade, if you live in the Inner West, you never cross the Bridge/Anzac Parade and if you live in the Northern Beaches, you never travel further south than Brookvale.
https://www.betootaadvocate.com/brea...ing-bridge-up/
Old 18-12-2020, 12:15 PM   #8290
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostly_broncos
the thing that defeats lockdowns is always money..

Regardless of how they try to put the blame on regular idiots, some rich fool flies in and they get waved right through. Actor, politician, dopey paris hilton type whatever

Here in the states every governor or congresscritter goes on tv and lectures us about staying home for the holiday and then hops on a plane and goes wherever they feel like going.

The rules only apply to proles
Rules for thee, but not for me.
Old 18-12-2020, 12:30 PM   #8291
mostly_broncos

California is probably our most locked down state and it has a ridiculous number of cases .

I've been seeing some graphs posted that show the curves for the number of cases are about the same for other states that don't lockdown.
Old 18-12-2020, 12:56 PM   #8292
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So the NSW outbreak went from 1 to 3 - 4 to 16.....and now 10. Odd numbers.

Really bad timing, week before Christmas. No doubt some already infected would have already traveled and be in other states before the restrictions were applied.

A bit annoyed at Vic's slow response, asking Christmas travelers to be good citizens and stay at home (probably not even their home) for 14 days ain't going to work.
Old 18-12-2020, 01:14 PM   #8293
Work Horse
Budget Racer

I don't know of any country that has had an uncontrolled wave of Covid in summer.

I'm hopeful we will get on top of it, sooner rather than later.

In the meantime it may be prudent to stock up on TP
Old 18-12-2020, 01:15 PM   #8294
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 23:59 GMT December 17th, 2020.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

15 new cases for Australia and 0 deaths so the CMR is 3.235%. NSW recorded 9 cases, the NT 2 and both WA & Queensland recorded 1 each.

No new cases and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 1.190% and active cases 43.

The UK had a new record 35,383 cases yesterday and 532 deaths.

Just over 251k new cases in the USA yesterday and a new record 3,560 deaths sees CMR drop to 1.804% and active cases drop to 39.7% with the raw numbers rising and now over 6.9M. Note that the USA is actually minus one day due to time differences.

Other notable points:
Global cases pass 75M with the last 1M in 1 day;
Global cases set a new daily high of 726,923 (16/12);
Global deaths set a new daily high of 13,558 (16/12);
Brazil recorded it's 2nd and 3rd highest daily totals this week;
passes M cases;
North America passes 20M cases;
North America records a new daily case high with 275,688 (17/12);
The USA completes 228M, India 157M, Russia 84M, UK 49M, Germany 31M, France 29M and M tests.

Syria (156);
Uruguay (543);
Nigeria (1,145) - 23% above the high yesterday;
Latvia (1,040);
Japan (3,061);
Denmark (4,034);
Sweden (8,815) - 14% above the previous high;
Netherlands (12,779);
Germany (30,951) and;
UK (35,383)

... recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive days.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 18-12-2020, 01:34 PM   #8295
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
So the NSW outbreak went from 1 to 3 - 4 to 16.....and now 10. Odd numbers.

Really bad timing, week before Christmas. No doubt some already infected would have already traveled and be in other states before the restrictions were applied.

A bit annoyed at Vic's slow response, asking Christmas travelers to be good citizens and stay at home (probably not even their home) for 14 days ain't going to work.
28 cases in the Sydney Northern beaches outbreak, and 1 in Queensland now, also associated with the Sydney cluster.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
2 users like this post:
Old 18-12-2020, 04:34 PM   #8296
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Gouging much....

Quote:
Flights from Sydney have skyrocketed in price in the last 24hours, as people scramble to leave the state and salvage their Christmas plans.

Prices for one way flights, from Sydney to Brisbane, have now jumped to almost $800, jumping from a recent low of $89 on a Virgin flight.

It comes as chaos grips the airport, which has been inundated with people concerned more border restrictions will be announced soon.

News.com.au is showing that the cheapest one way tickets to Brisbane are currently at around $300 for both Virgin and Qantas.

Virgin Australia is offering fee-free changes to all bookings until January 31 in response to the recent border changes. Change fees can also be waived up until March 31, 2021 for COVID-19 reasons.

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
2 users like this post:
Old 18-12-2020, 04:54 PM   #8297
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

That doesn’t worry me; it’s personal choice. But I’m not happy about the prospect of “stranded” interstate travellers demanding assistance to return in a fortnight when they’ve launched into a questionable venture of their own volition.
Old 18-12-2020, 05:13 PM   #8298
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I guess I spoke soon

What horrible timing. Just when it was looking up after a **** year.
Old 18-12-2020, 05:17 PM   #8299
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
That doesn’t worry me; it’s personal choice. But I’m not happy about the prospect of “stranded” interstate travellers demanding assistance to return in a fortnight when they’ve launched into a questionable venture of their own volition.
Yes, but you are but one individual and I can guarantee it worries many more, especially those that don't live in Sydney but are trying to get home....two way street remember.....

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
2 users like this post:
Old 18-12-2020, 05:18 PM   #8300
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR-351 View Post
Gouging much....
and thats just to cover your own personalised full flight facemask dropped from over head compartment , and the constaint in filght cleaning service and isolation theropy

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
Old 18-12-2020, 05:19 PM   #8301
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Gouging much....
Apparently there's a mass exodus out of Sydney by road too. There's no road checkpoints anywhere so people who were due to fly interstate for Christmas this weekend, have hit the road instead.

The airports, including regional airports, are being screened for passengers from NSW. But there's nothing stopping them from driving interstate?
2 users like this post:
Old 18-12-2020, 05:20 PM   #8302
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post
Apparently there's a mass exodus out of Sydney by road too. There's no road checkpoints anywhere so people who were due to fly interstate for Christmas this weekend, have hit the road instead.

The airports, including regional airports, are being screened for passengers from NSW. But there's nothing stopping them from driving interstate?
Gold standard
Old 18-12-2020, 05:27 PM   #8303
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
I guess I spoke soon

What horrible timing. Just when it was looking up after a **** year.
It was bound to happen. NSW Health have been somewhat too relaxed about community transmission compared to all other states and territories. They've had a few scares lately and that should've been a sign that things weren't "golden" in the state, and there was more cases in the community than was being reported / detected.

WA Premier has called for VIC / SA style lockdown asap.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/ns...6-02fb7ba1b980
Old 18-12-2020, 05:29 PM   #8304
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Summary of restrictions

AAP has this good rundown of the current state of play on travel restrictions for NSW:

https://www.theguardian.com/australi...sa-tasmania-nt

Quote:
Western Australia - Anyone who enters WA from NSW must self-isolate for 14 days. Those who have arrived in WA since December 11 must get tested and self-isolate until they receive a negative result.

Northern Territory - Anyone who enters NT from Sydney’s Northern Beaches Council area will need to undergo 14 days of supervised quarantine.

South Australia - Anyone who has since December 11 entered SA and previously been on Sydney’s northern beaches must get tested and self-isolate, counting from their most recent day on the northern beaches. Those who have already entered SA and previously been at the Avalon RSL and Avalon Bowlo will be placed into hotel quarantine. Those who have been at Avalon RSL or the Avalon Bowlo will from Friday be barred entry.

Queensland - Anyone who has since December 11 entered Queensland and previously been on Sydney’s northern beaches must get tested and self-isolate for 14 days, starting from their most recent day on the northern beaches. From Saturday, all people who have been on the northern beaches and who wish to enter Queensland will be forced into 14 days of hotel quarantine.

ACT - Anyone who has since December 11 entered the ACT and previously been on Sydney’s northern beaches must get tested and self-isolate for 14 days, starting from their most recent day on the northern beaches.

Victoria - Anyone who has since December 11 entered Victoria and previously been on Sydney’s northern beaches must get tested and self-isolate for 14 days, starting from their most recent day on the northern beaches. All NSW travellers will from Saturday need a permit to enter Victoria, and anyone who has visited Sydney’s northern beaches will be barred from entry.

Tasmania - Anyone who has since December 11 entered Tasmania and previously been on Sydney’s northern beaches must get tested and self-isolate for 14 days, starting from their most recent day on the northern beaches. Anyone who has visited the Northern Beaches Council area since December 11, or any of the close-contact venues on NSW’s health alert list, is barred from entry.

2 users like this post:
Old 18-12-2020, 05:41 PM   #8305
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123 View Post
Gold standard
The GS applies to NSW's ability to identify, trace and isolate kill the zombies before it becomes a Melbourne-style feast of the brains.

The next few days will be telling. I've got all my lucky charms set out on the desk.
2 users like this post:
Old 18-12-2020, 05:42 PM   #8306
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

So far, 47 flights from from Sydney have arrived in Melbourne today. Including passengers from the northern beaches of Sydney!

They have volunteered to self isolate at home. Yeah.. see how that goes.

edit: https://twitter.com/9NewsMelb/status...35872661557249

Last edited by Tickford.; 18-12-2020 at 05:56 PM.
Old 18-12-2020, 06:28 PM   #8307
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
The GS applies to NSW's ability to identify, trace and isolate kill the zombies before it becomes a Melbourne-style feast of the brains.
Is this an example of the "Gold Standard" measures taken by NSW Health to prevent cases spreading among the community?

Thirteen airline crew, who travelled to Sydney from South America, have breached self-isolation directions.

They have been issued Penalty Infringement Notices, and as of next Tuesday, international aircrews will now quarantine in two designated hotels near Sydney Airport.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/co...=Social-9NewsB

How were they allowed, or able to to breach self-isolation directions? Why are they able to travel freely among the community after arriving from South America, which is on fire with COVID??

Gladys Berejiklian really is in a tough spot isn't she? She knows she needs to follow Victoria's lead, and introduce mandatory mask wearing, enforce restrictions, or even lockdown the state right NOW!

But that's kind of hard when you're part of the LNP that criticised every step that Dan Andrews made, and self proclaimed to be the 'Golden Standard State' of Australia.
Old 18-12-2020, 06:43 PM   #8308
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
Yes, but you are but one individual and I can guarantee it worries many more, especially those that don't live in Sydney but are trying to get home....two way street remember.....
https://www.theguardian.com/australi...sa-tasmania-nt

24m ago
06:15
Melissa Davey

Quote:
Travellers in New South Wales are rushing to get back to their home states in case restrictions once again change and tighten further. Some people have rebooked their return flights that were scheduled for over the weekend or next week to instead fly back today, only to have their rebooked flight cancelled or not confirmed - as has been my experience.

There is a lot of concern among travellers that more places will be declared hotspots, making a return to their home state more difficult.

The websites for the major airlines have been crashing at the point of entering credit card details. Exploitative prices are also occurring, with people paying upwards of $1000 just to ensure they get home.

Traffic into Sydney airport is busy and the departure terminals and there are lines to get through security.

Old 18-12-2020, 06:55 PM   #8309
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post
Is this an example of the "Gold Standard" measures taken by NSW Health to prevent cases spreading among the community?

Thirteen airline crew, who travelled to Sydney from South America, have breached self-isolation directions.

They have been issued Penalty Infringement Notices, and as of next Tuesday, international aircrews will now quarantine in two designated hotels near Sydney Airport.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/co...=Social-9NewsB

How were they allowed, or able to to breach self-isolation directions? Why are they able to travel freely among the community after arriving from South America, which is on fire with COVID??

Gladys Berejiklian really is in a tough spot isn't she? She knows she needs to follow Victoria's lead, and introduce mandatory mask wearing, enforce restrictions, or even lockdown the state right NOW!

But that's kind of hard when you're part of the LNP that criticised every step that Dan Andrews made, and self proclaimed to be the 'Golden Standard State' of Australia.
OK, don't become anxious and get triggered, stay on target. Body count is the determining factor
Old 18-12-2020, 07:08 PM   #8310
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
Body count is the determining factor
Hopefully, this cluster results in zero. No nobody wants to see anything more.

Curious, why the smiley face with a thumbs up after you refer to the number of deaths? Is there a competition for the number of deaths that you find amusing?
4 users like this post:
Closed Thread