Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-11-2006, 09:44 PM   #1
JG3282
Awake after dark

Default Name Your Porsche...

There's a unique new way for Porsche owners, male and female, to give their car its own special identity. Where the model type normally goes, you can now opt to have the wording of your choice in the same style of lettering. Normally, where the model names now go, such as Cayenne, Turbo, Carrera, Cayman or Boxer, the name of any owner, his girlfriend or boyfriend, dog, company or anything at all can be put on the car: from Bruce to Michelle, from David to Roxanne to Jade and so on... What's more, creative thinking can lead to all sorts of amusing phrases, with endless possibilities. How about: 'My Seventh' or 'Thanks Daddy'? 'Not Leased' and 'Follow Me' are just a couple more examples. With its own unique wording, a Porsche becomes just a little more exclusive, and that's what this unique new service is all about. The lettering can also be ordered in different colors - black, silver, and even gold - at www.nameyourporsche.com, where you'll also find a range of examples and full information about quality, price, and delivery all over the world.

His Car: XE Fairmont Ghia - For Sale Here

Her Car: ED Fairmont - Lowered, Pioneer stereo, Sony XPlod speakers, Big Exhaust & more
JG3282 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2006, 10:28 PM   #2
mosman69
Lost Cause

Just taking personalised plates to a whole new level, i think its a schmick idea if done properly, but has the potential to be abused by morons using lame or inappropriate badges, but im never gunna own a porsche so im just dreamin on :
$1000 worth of audio gear (12"sub, 6", 4" and amps powerin all the biotches)
Sittin on some ultralows...scrapin every speed bump i go over
Maybe a force fed tc cortina
mosman69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2006, 10:46 PM   #3
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

Well, it's novel, but if I had the money for a Porsche? I'd buy something else.... : :
Jeeepers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2006, 12:54 PM   #4
R0BD0G
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

and i'd have a badge on it saying Fords Are Better
R0BD0G is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2006, 01:36 PM   #5
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

"Mid-life crisis" or "pen!s substitute" would be fitting for many Porsche owning posers
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2006, 01:41 PM   #6
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORSM T
Well, it's novel, but if I had the money for a Porsche? I'd buy something else.... : :
I wonder if somewhere there are two ricers looking at a second hand Hyundai when a XR6T with a body kit drove past and the comment "If I had the money for a XR6T, I'd buy something else...." was heard.

Horses for courses.

Oh and when I have the money for a Porsche I WILL buy one....(assuming that I do not have enough for a Lambo or Ferrari)
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2006, 01:44 PM   #7
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauljh74
"Mid-life crisis" or "pen!s substitute" would be fitting for many Porsche owning posers
Yes and HOON and BOGAN would be fitting for many Falcon owning posers too. Luckily they are not all like the stereotype.
Old 11-11-2006, 01:46 PM   #8
Aeron
DJR Fan

Guys, until you've driven a Porsche GT3 round a racetrack you can't fully appreciate Porsche. Sure, some ******* drive them, but they are an amazing car to drive.

Also, on that website, I want to see what the badge will look like. It doesn’t give you a preview :(
(not that im buying one)
EC 1:51.283
WP 1:10.190

Me Drifting on the Skid Pan **Video**
Aeron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2006, 01:53 PM   #9
pHaT`eL
Banned

Would have to have "Stolen" or something simlilar.. You can kinda do this here with letters from Autobarn, theres a few different fonts to choose from..
pHaT`eL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2006, 03:25 PM   #10
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauljh74
hahaha thats gold, Persoanlly there are better cars around the porsche
Old 11-11-2006, 03:35 PM   #11
JG3282
Awake after dark

Call me whatever you will, but if I had the money to buy a Porsche, I'd buy the following instead:
1973 Bathurst Spec GTR XU1 as a weekender
E49 Charger as a cruiser
Nissan R34 Skyline GTR as a daily
BF F6 Tornado as a work hack
and probably a Statie or LTD to cart the family around in

His Car: XE Fairmont Ghia - For Sale Here

Her Car: ED Fairmont - Lowered, Pioneer stereo, Sony XPlod speakers, Big Exhaust & more
JG3282 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2006, 05:28 PM   #12
Danny
GT4.

I cant beleive poeple would rice up a porche with "I am from Springvale" Customised badging.... The gods must be crazy!
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2006, 05:33 PM   #13
Rev28K
re

Location: Victoria - where being slow & incompetent is considered being "safe"

A guy that I see at sprint meetings absolutely pounds his 10 year old Porsche 911 all day lap after lap, event after event. It is only a stock Carrera 2, not a trick RS or RS CS. The amount of abuse that thing can take has impressed me greatly I have never seen another stock car do the same lap times (1:35-1:38 secs at Winton) and run so hard so continuously. He has sold it now for almost what he bought it for.

Sometimes certain manufacturer’s reputations are deserved (just co-incidence that they fare well in long distance races?).
Scuderia Rev: Otto the tow pig - 2007 3.0 litre Coupé, vernünftig schnelle aber kein peilstab, Bathurst 2007 und 2010 zwölf Stunde Gewinner Jaffa the angry ant - mid 70's Honda 市民の, 73 と立方インチ LSD Elle "the body" shell - early 70's Datsun フェアレディ coupe. いい体は彼女の内側、内側と土台を待つ
Rev28K is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2006, 05:42 PM   #14
irsa76
Snoopping

There is no god.
irsa76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2006, 06:02 PM   #15
AUIII XR8 MAN
DJR TM#54

Location: on my p.c now with internet! ok i'll still use works internet too.

Must be starting to run out of idears for new toy to put on your car.
Old 11-11-2006, 06:23 PM   #16
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
I wonder if somewhere there are two ricers looking at a second hand Hyundai when a XR6T with a body kit drove past and the comment "If I had the money for a XR6T, I'd buy something else...." was heard.

Horses for courses.

Oh and when I have the money for a Porsche I WILL buy one....(assuming that I do not have enough for a Lambo or Ferrari)
But aside from all the BS about jealousy etc... etc... I'd still buy something else. Just don't like Porsche... And that's my privellege.
Old 11-11-2006, 09:14 PM   #17
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Absolutely....as I said horses for courses.
Old 11-11-2006, 09:25 PM   #18
RS027
Perth XR5'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Yes and HOON and BOGAN would be fitting for many Falcon owning posers too. Luckily they are not all like the stereotype.
Perfect response...
Ford Rallye Sport Club of WA; Member#64:

Barbagallo Short: 1:01.1779
Barbagallo Long: 1:12.4649
Collie: 55.90

K&N Gen2 57i CAI / 2XS RIP / Airtec Gen3 IC / Mongoose Dump Pipe / Outlaw 200cpsi Cat / Milltek Ultimate Race Catback / Whiteline 24mm RARB / Whiteline FALK / BC Racing BR-Spec Coilovers / RSR Rear Camber Arms / Ferodo DS2500 Pads F&R / Goodridge Braided Brake Lines / Elevate Torque Mount / DS MOD C / MkII RS Clutch & DMF / Quaife LSD
RS027 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2006, 09:27 PM   #19
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

How anyone can anything bad to say about a Porsche is beyond me...look outside that sqaure fellas!
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2006, 10:39 PM   #20
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
How anyone can anything bad to say about a Porsche is beyond me...look outside that sqaure fellas!
You either like 'em, or not. That doesn't mean they are crap. As Flappist says "Horses for courses". I'd rather have an F6, a Harley and a house renovation.
Old 11-11-2006, 10:47 PM   #21
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

^^Tis a good point, but if you have the cash then why the heck not.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2006, 11:39 PM   #22
buddha
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
Porsches are top cars, especially when driven by those who truly appreciate the car, rather than driving it with one hand on the wheel and the other on their personal "gearstick". Its those people that give them a bad rep, I reckon.

Back on topic, I'd have "Lotto" on the bootlid ... the only way I'll ever own one :(

Current Ford: 1996 EF Fairmont
Previous Fords: 1996 EF XR8 - 1995 EF Futura - 1993 WA Festiva - 1991 WA Festiva - 1979 TE Cortina
buddha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2006, 12:30 AM   #23
Ghiadude
FORMERLY TX3DUDE

i went with a friend in a porsche turbo from wollongong to wakefield park to do a track day. he did a 1:09 and drove the thing home. other cars on the day had slicks and you couldnt drive them on the street (too stiff) as for ferrari's and lambos ... until recently they made what i liken to kit cars. the build quality on a porsche was/is far far superior
Ghiadude is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2006, 12:36 AM   #24
AshMan
Girrrrr!!!

I'd love an older porsche, like an early 80's 911, I personally think ******* drive the newer ones...

Heritage green, isn't that a fence paint?
AshMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2006, 04:34 AM   #25
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha
Porsches are top cars, especially when driven by those who truly appreciate the car, rather than driving it with one hand on the wheel and the other on their personal "gearstick". Its those people that give them a bad rep, I reckon.

Back on topic, I'd have "Lotto" on the bootlid ... the only way I'll ever own one :(
This was my point - some well heeled Porsche buyers buy them for the status to make up for what they lack in order to get the ladies. How many of those car brand/driver personality lists echo what I've already mentioned?

The car itself is a revered marque and current models like the Boxster, Cayman, 911 and Carrera GT build on Porsche's previous excellent reputation
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2006, 06:01 AM   #26
mattp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If I had $350,000 to spend on a car, a Porsche would be about 4th on the list, however, if I couldn't spend over $200k, I don't reckon you'd get much better than a 2 year old 911 Turbo. I had the fortune to drive a boss of mine's around a couple of times, and just pottering around they're easier to drive and comfier than an Accord. For an 'everyday' supercar, they're pretty damn awesome. On the 'Porsche ****er' thing that people seem to propagate, you're gonna get ******* in every sort of car. It's just that you get rich ******* in porsches etc, and that seems to irk people : I saw a Ferrari in Melbourne with the number plate JELOUS. Now THAT'S a ****er.
mattp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2006, 11:01 AM   #27
drcook
I Bleed Orange!

how about "wayne kerr"

what happens when you badge the car with you name, then you want to sell it?
Old 14-11-2006, 11:37 AM   #28
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My brother-in-law just bought a brand spankers GT2 or 3 (sorry dont know that much about them but it was the more expensive of the two) which he kindly let me drive.

Far from being a rich wan#$ he started as a lowly tradie apprentice, worked his *** off and know owns his own tradie company so its not real good to stereotype (by the way he also owns an original Phase 3 GTHO so he is partial to a good aussie car too).

Anyway this thing was a blast. First thing I noticed was the absolute stripper of an interior, basically you sit on the floor in leather recaro's which bend around your entire body with a fire extinguisher - thats it, besides lots of carbon fibre everywhere. Step outside and the bodykit is pretty dam cool especially the big fat wide rear end. Fire it up and the engine noise is pretty unreal. Pulling away the acceleration was the most brutal I have ever felt in a car and I am hard to impress given my preference to bikes. Suspension is harsh on the street (understandable it is a light weight track car) but it grips and grips and just makes you feel so confident. All in all if I had the money I would buy one.

What does this have to do with badges - nothing, I just wanted to brag about driving a Porsche GT3 ;-P
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2006, 12:57 PM   #29
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcook
how about "wayne kerr"

what happens when you badge the car with you name, then you want to sell it?
I happen to know a guy named Wayne Kerr. I used to work with him about 25 years ago. He is not a bad bloke at all but he can fight REALLY REALLY well.
Old 14-11-2006, 01:15 PM   #30
Pik0

I don't know why you guys think you need to spend $200,000+ for a Porsche. My dad went through his midlife crisis and got a boxster for less that a new GT. 2000 model looks exactly the same as the latest model and goes so hard. You cant really write one off as a posers car until you have driven one. The roadholding on those cars is crazy. Granted i haven't driven a hi performance car like the GT of the F6 but they are awesome cars.
Coming Soon:
Lowering
Pik0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post