Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 29-12-2008, 02:21 PM   #1
WhiteOx

Default AU Scantool

Guys,
I found this on Ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/SCANTOOL-FORD...1%7C240%3A1318

From what I've read a lot of scantools don't work on the AU .. is this one any different?
The only thing stopping me from buying an AU is not being able to read DTCs from the computer. :(

WhiteOx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2008, 03:45 PM   #2
ohzone
Dent Removal

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOx
Guys,
I found this on Ebay:

From what I've read a lot of scantools don't work on the AU .. is this one any different?
The only thing stopping me from buying an AU is not being able to read DTCs from the computer. :(
I don't know the answer to your question, but this link
Autel User Manuals may have the answer for you, from what I see on the ebay ad I think it is the US model US703
ohzone is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2008, 06:05 PM   #3
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOx
Guys,
I found this on Ebay:

not quite sure i get what you mean there. it will only read trouble codes from au's. ba/f etc will also show live sensor data. it also can't read trans codes..
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2008, 07:21 PM   #4
namecrap

why is it so hard to get live data out of an AU? are the expensive scanners that workshops use able to do it? eg snap on..
namecrap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2008, 07:27 PM   #5
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

mainly because it's not a true obd system. it's a modified version, so you can with fords scan tool, but short of spending a few grand there's probably not really an easy way to do it. it would be great to get an elm (pc based) scan tool to connect and read it, but they can't unfortunately, i don't know if that's a fault of the scan tool, the software or fords ecu setup, or a combination of all 3... mind you, all US fords from about 96 onwards work with pretty much all scan tools, it's just the australian ones that don't...
Old 30-12-2008, 07:49 AM   #6
WhiteOx

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodes-sh
not quite sure i get what you mean there. it will only read trouble codes from au's. ba/f etc will also show live sensor data. it also can't read trans codes..
Basicly I only need something to read engine trouble codes.
Live data and trans are not an issue, although it would be nice to have access to them too.
Old 30-12-2008, 11:57 AM   #7
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

that scan tool will do that. but $350 is a bit steep isn't it? i guess, if it's what you want then what choice do you have...? i would say at some stage they would release firmware updates to allow trans codes to be checked, but who knows how much they would charge for it...
Old 30-12-2008, 02:18 PM   #8
WhiteOx

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodes-sh
that scan tool will do that. but $350 is a bit steep isn't it?
Yep ...... but it's the only one I can find though.
Old 30-12-2008, 02:24 PM   #9
namecrap

i think that seller also has other scan tools that are more basic and cheaper but that may still be able to do what u want
namecrap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post