Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 08-12-2012, 04:22 PM   #1
xr6fa

Smile Any problems using amazon.com

Hi guys

Has anybody had any dealings with amazon.com,are the products shipped from the USA,and have you had any problems

Thanks for any replies

xr6fa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2012, 07:18 PM   #2
JimStone

Default Re: Any problems using amazon.com

Been buying on Amazon for a few years now, items are usually shipped out of US. No problems with them, just keep an eye on the shipping costs.

I usually purchase items that are "shipped from and sold by Amazon" by preference, generally shipping costs are less.
JimStone is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 08-12-2012, 09:29 PM   #3
Kayla
Starter Motor

Never had a problem and have been buying things off there for a while. You'll be fine.
Kayla is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2012, 09:52 PM   #4
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nope. Ordered a pair of Doc Marten shoes on a Thursday night. The ETA was the following Tuesday, which I laughed at, assuming it was a U.S. only estimate. Bugger me if they weren't here on the Tuesday.

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2012, 11:55 PM   #5
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

They are very good to deal with, bought a lawn mower with a 22" cutting deck for like $300, only cost $130 shipping and it arrived in less than a week at my door.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2012, 11:58 PM   #6
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Bought some stuff, but some things we wanted to buy they wouldn't ship to us.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2012, 08:26 AM   #7
Dusty1
Giddy up!

I think they will deliver to PO Boxes, but the actual people on the ground here sometimes won't.

If they use DHL to deliver locally, no PO boxes, they give you a call and arrange delivery. Not an issue if you have an office.

I've used it and had no issue. As someone said, some stuff they won't sell here, if that's the case just use a freight forwarder.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post