Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 27-07-2008, 04:41 PM   #1
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

Default 75,000km service

Hi all,

thought i'd add a new thread seeing's its been pretty quiet on here and there is room.

was just wondering about servicing costs for my 04 WP zetec at a FORD dealer. If anyone knows what kind of figure i should be looking at and what they need to change (i.e. timing/cam belt and things like that) it'd be much appreciated.

cheers

jim

zetec jim is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2008, 04:58 PM   #2
RJO89
EuroFordClub

What they change should be in the service book that came with the car. In terms of cost, I've got no idea. Depends if it's an A or B service. One of them (can't remember which one) includes things like brake pad changes, spark plugs, etc. From memory I think the 75,000k service is a big one.

Far from stock... --- SOLD :

Now riding a 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R :
RJO89 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2008, 12:51 AM   #3
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

yeah, pretty sure it'll be a major service (like you said pads and sparks etc.) although i've already changed both pads and discs 10,000kms ago.
Old 28-07-2008, 01:34 AM   #4
zetec
Zoom Zoom

75,000 is a minor Service. Ford Major Services are every 60,000km, so your last one should have been a major.

Spark plugs are generally every 60,000km. Chances are if they weren't replaced at 60,000km, then they will be this time.

Timing belt I don't think is until around 120,000km or so from memory, your owner handbook should tell you. I know it's 150,000km in the old LR Focus. No more 100,000km like 5 years ago! Great for the owner - keeps costs down.

Tyres, brakes and other wear and tear items are replaced when needed. They're checked EVERY service and only replaced when needed. You just got new ones, so no need there (although they'll be routinely checked).

Brake Fluid is changed every 2 years regardless of kilometres, as it is hygroscopic, meaning over time it actually absorbs water and eventually loses its ability to maintain constant pressures. The more water, the more prone to getting hot and degrading braking performance and also corroding the brake lines. Given you're in an 04 Zetec, it's possible you're at that stage now for your second brake fluid flush.

Ford's corporate Service website is HERE out of interest, although it doesn't give you any specifics, that's all in your owner's manual and Servicing handbook.

Hope that helps!
Old 31-07-2008, 11:28 AM   #5
Kariharnett
Lil Henry

My first 15000km service was quoted at 220 bucks but i had some accesorries installed and new wiperblades ended up csting me 410 bucks
Kariharnett is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2008, 10:58 AM   #6
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My Fiesta is due its 60k service and it is everything, air, fuel, oil, pollen filter, spark plugs etc my dealer said around $600 plus anything else, coolant, brake fluid etc !!! I'll get a personal loan to pay for it. !!! But Festy has been trouble free for 4 years, cann;t complain.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:59 PM   #7
zetec jim
04 fiesta zetec

thanks all.

Another question i'll just add to this thread is that i've been just recently getting powdery white residue along with brown dust (the brown dust I'm guessing is just normal minor oxidisation.)

The white stuff is more puzzling. I've run it on 98 RON for the last 10,000kms since i bought it, and its only coming up now (last month or so).

Was thinking maybe there is a leak somewhere before exhaust (coolant?) i dunno... do i need to check all my levels?

Any help would be great.

jim