Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Blue Power Racing Developments

Blue Power Racing Developments The home of Blue Power. Website Link

Old 19-11-2006, 09:37 PM   #1
Mark^^
Two-Spirits

Default Thanks Chris the flash tune is fantastic.

On Thursday last week I travelled from Canberra to Melbourne to have some mods done on my Territory. I had a CAPA Dyno flash tune by Chris as well as a Di Filippo performance exhaust system installed by Craig from Aussie Car Enhancements

My mechanical knowledge is very limited and I have never attended a dyno tune before. I nearly died when I first heard the Territory on the dyno, I though it was going to blow up and I would have to take the bits home in a bag. After several runs and tweaking things, Chris had the tune sorted and the result is 147.1 KW. So the new exhaust and flash tune have increased my car by 13.6 KW.

Chris was very patient with me, and even though he explained to me the whole process and what was done, all the technical information that involves any form of numbers and Tractive Effort in Newton metres is beyond me, so my best way of describing what the mods have done is to talk about what its like to drive.

The car now has a pronounced growl that is quiet noticeable and sounds just right. The transition up the gears feels more firm and less jerky. When you push the accelerator the beats jumps forward, when wanting to over take its amazing. At cruising speed of 110 – 115 km the tacho sits at between 2000 rpm and 2,500rpm push it into performance mode to get past a slow car and it jumps to 4000 and your doing 130 to 140km in seconds. I also noticed that it now likes to cruise at 120, where as before the mods 110 was a very comfortable speed to sit on. There is also a reduction in petrol usage. For the last 6 month the trip computer has been averaging 11.5 to 11.8. On the trip up through Victoria the average was 11.2, but from the boarder to home it has fluctuated between 11.3 and 11.4.

So thanks Chris, it was great to meet you and your work is fantastic.

Here is the Territory on the dyno at Blue Power Racing Developments

Mark^^ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2006, 09:50 PM   #2
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well done mate sounds like your real happy and good choice of tuner you in good hands. _2:
Quadcams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2006, 10:07 PM   #3
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

well done on the results

Looks like Chris has been busy moving things round the workshop

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2006, 09:32 AM   #4
MYV8
Gota be happy with a Hump
Donating Member1

[QUOTE=ratter

Looks like Chris has been busy moving things round the workshop[/QUOTE]

Thought it looked different.
Find out in <than 2 weeks.

BluePower Racing Developments ............... Best in the Business
MYV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-11-2006, 10:24 AM   #5
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

Mark,

was great to meet you mate. Im glad my missus didn't walk in while your car was on the dyno - a lightning strike territory is on her wishlist!!

Hope you are enjoying the territory, they are a fantastic vehicle.

Chris

Bluepower Racing Developments

Proud Australian Distributors of Kenne Bell superchargers
The Quickest, The Fastest, The Baddest Boss Blower of all.

www.bluepower.com.au

Bluepower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2006, 02:48 PM   #6
Mark^^
Two-Spirits

Hi Chris,

I just wanted to say thanks for the Flash tune, the results are getting better day by day. Fuel consumption has now gone from 11.5/8 to 10.4 and the power is so good and feels like I am sitting on a beast that will surge when I hit the accelerator.

One question you raised some issues about my Territory’s gear box. I wonder if you would be able to describe what you though was wrong, so that when I am next in the dealership I can tell them clearly, other then "someone who knows these things said it is wrong, so fix it" They would look patiently at me waiting for an explanation and that would be all I was able to tell them. LOL

Also you mentioned that the dealer should not do any computer upgrades during a service. Did I understand this correctly? Could you clarify this issue for me? There was so much happening that I took very little in.

Thanks again

Mark
Mark^^ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2006, 03:48 PM   #7
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

When taking it back to the dealer ... flash it back to the Factory specs first
Some service departments don't take too kindly to modified tunes.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2006, 09:59 AM   #8
Bluepower
KenneBell Australia

PM sent Mark - give me a call to discuss this in detail, as there is too much to cover in an email, esp with my slow typing!!!

Chris

Bluepower Racing Developments

Proud Australian Distributors of Kenne Bell superchargers
The Quickest, The Fastest, The Baddest Boss Blower of all.

www.bluepower.com.au

Bluepower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post