Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-10-2012, 11:15 PM   #1
Winter XR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Mechanic recommendations in Mandurah WA

Hi guys, I moved to Mandurah a couple of months ago. Im after some recommendations for good mechanic shops in the area. I just need to get a log book service done but I have my own oil and filter to use. I went to one shop and they refused to do it. He said they will only use their oil and filter. I had the same brand filter they use but he said they cant warranty it. The car is 05 and has no warranty anyway. Can anyone recommend a mechanic place they use in the area?

Winter XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2012, 10:00 AM   #2
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Mechanic recommendations in Mandurah WA

I've got a friend in Mandurah, unfortunately, he doesn't own a car, so no use there.
Old 19-10-2012, 10:22 AM   #3
ado351c

I got sick of getting screwed by mechanics, so now i service my own car, 4 work utes, and my dads ba and bf turbo. Couldnt have done it without aff. PM if you want help.
Old 21-10-2012, 09:47 PM   #4
Scamps
Starter Motor

I moved to Mandurah in Feb this year and was recommended Mandurah Car & Truck Repairs (9581 6161) by a local. They're always busy (good sign), are open some weekends and were competitive on price when i rang round to get mine + g/f car serviced.

I deal with the owner Steve who actually charged me less than quoted as he said some of the work I'd requested wasn't required when he looked at the car.......
When I bought my g/f car, I wasn't sure what had been done on the previous service (paperwork missing) so asked for a full service to be sure.

They supplied the parts, so I wouldn't know about supplying them myself.

Only my opinion from using them twice, but I'll be going back when the next service is due.
FG XR6T 18" Wheels - De-badged boot - PWR Trans Cooler - Tint - Silver interior door & dash trim - Leather console lid - Colour coded mirrors/bump strips - XR6T Upper intake - Rear muffler removed & Lukey Centre muffler - Alpine Type R replacement speakers all round - XR6 Rear springs - Osram +90% Bulbs - LED Parkers/map/plate lights - MP3 Aux-in
Scamps is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2012, 03:36 PM   #5
Winter XR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I got it booked in with TNT Mechanics today. They are good priced and will use my oil and filter. I went to Ford to see how much they rekn. They told me $375 for the minor service and asked if it was ok, I laughed at them and said dont worry about it. A bloke popped out from around the corner and said, "But we use synthetic oil in our services". I just turned around walked off!!
Old 22-10-2012, 03:50 PM   #6
tweeked
N/A all the way

Its a hard one, call me stupid but i feel for Mechanics when people want to supply the bits. Are you ok paying a bit more per hour as they lose the margin they would normally make on the oil and filter (i understand that some people want an oil the mechanic doesn't supply, but they need to be compensated for the loss in margin). I would rather pay a bit more and get a great job done, if you cut their corners, they will cut corners on your job.

If not I think you need to do the lot yourself.

So many people have little understanding of the cost of running a business.

PS, i supply the oil for my Camry, and do the lot myself as the car has done 375000 kms and is worth 2 tanks of petrol. The GT however, is only touched by Bluepower and Advantage Suspensions, and they supply all the bits.

tweeked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2012, 07:53 PM   #7
Winter XR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I do the mid service oil and filters myself but I always get a mechanic to do my log book services at every 15 000km as its only done 75 000km. I dont mind paying for a workshop to do the services, although I wouldnt pay $375 for Ford to do it. And I will definately be taking my car back to the workshop I just had it done by.