Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-12-2020, 03:02 PM   #1
RobbyJones
Starter Motor

Smile Good guy Bad guy to deal with posts

i dunno if this forum has a section for good n bad guys to DEAL with .

but ive had a few dealings with LinZ.... hes the most honest with parts n condition n pricing..

im a truck driver between qld n wa..i can ask forum for something..LinZ will reply and he klnows ill be gone a fortnight at best....i only just got back to qld last week 2 days before border close,i was sweatin on getting home for xmas..

LinZ is a 5 STAR dealer..highly recomended to deal with....

if theres not a list ,perhPS ADMIN CAn start one..good n bad ppl.....
RobbyJones is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2020, 04:43 AM   #2
happy1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Good guy Bad guy to deal with posts

Hi,
The forum certainly have posts about bad guys, such as the US to Aus car transport company that takes your money with no goods or services provided.

This forum is primarily a Ford owners and enthusiast forum, so it's a little unclear why we should have a section for 'good guys' (members) to deal with ?
Yes there is a 'for sale' section, and there are sponsors that are usually of a very high standard in what they are offering.

I would say that if you post a technical question, there are at least 50 members on here that will put in an effort to give you a good, detailed technical response.
Then there are a few technical contributors that have put in the extra effort to give thousands of post responses.

It's unclear what you mean by 'dealer' / 'most honest with parts and conditions', as this isn't a commercial site, it simply consist of private forum members, (unless they are sponsors).

Cheers,
happy1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 28-12-2020, 11:39 AM   #3
Fairlane 500
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Personally, from what I have seen of LinZ threads & posts plus from a couple of very quickly replied PM's
I would be happy to put money into his bank account to buy something sight unseen from him.

I reckon he is certainly one of the good guys on here.

Having said that & from my involvement in another forum, I would not expect the forum to partake in any form of
recommendations for any members in the public marketplace as there could be legal responsibilities attached.

It's the old story about caveat emptor so we have to all do our own careful homework.

Last edited by Fairlane 500; 28-12-2020 at 11:47 AM.
Fairlane 500 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 28-12-2020, 12:48 PM   #4
RobbyJones
Starter Motor

ty ppl for your informative replies..in thius day n age things are no longer acceptable in case it might offend..lol... i can understand the forums point that anything touchy isnt allowed....so i fully accept it..

as for LinZ,ill say it freely again,hes a 5STAR person to DEAL with,no hes not a dealer.im talking dealing with him personally...that should clear up LinZ isnt a commercial Dealer folks....5 Star guy,5 star Products...highly recomended...

Hope i didnt offend anyone,i forgot this is the era of offense rofl..in my day youd be told build a bridge n get over it..

but im sure no one was offended by my suggestion.....merry xmas folks.....robby j
3 users like this post:
Old 28-12-2020, 01:19 PM   #5
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyJones View Post
i dunno if this forum has a section for good n bad guys to DEAL with .

but ive had a few dealings with LinZ.... hes the most honest with parts n condition n pricing..

im a truck driver between qld n wa..i can ask forum for something..LinZ will reply and he klnows ill be gone a fortnight at best....i only just got back to qld last week 2 days before border close,i was sweatin on getting home for xmas..

LinZ is a 5 STAR dealer..highly recomended to deal with....

if theres not a list ,perhPS ADMIN CAn start one..good n bad ppl.....
I thought I better reply so that we can stop discussing whether or not we can have this thread and start heaping praise on Linz.

You are more than welcome to start a thread to give another AFF member a compliment, in fact, it is encouraged.

We will probably leave dealing with the bad raps to PM. As with any dispute, there is always two sides to a story.

Remember the ol' sayin' - Praise in public, criticise in private.

Last edited by PG2; 28-12-2020 at 01:27 PM.
PG2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 28-12-2020, 01:32 PM   #6
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyJones View Post

as for LinZ,ill say it freely again,hes a 5STAR person to DEAL with,no hes not a dealer.im talking dealing with him personally...that should clear up LinZ isnt a commercial Dealer folks....5 Star guy,5 star Products...highly recomended...

he is NOT a 5 star bloke.........

he's more like a 9 1/2 star bloke
mad2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 28-12-2020, 01:35 PM   #7
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Whats he sell

- Truck driver worried about borders
- Linz isn't a 'commercial dealer' - retail quantities
- Problems getting something in from USA to AUS

Does it come in small plastic bags? Linz's party supplies

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 28-12-2020 at 01:42 PM.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2020, 06:34 PM   #8
RobbyJones
Starter Motor

PG2.. TY sir,, ive said my bit n i respect others opinions,thats why im not responding to some of them..nuff said..lets move on n enjoy life..LinZ ROCKS... roflll cheers all.i love my barra
Old 28-12-2020, 09:08 PM   #9
XD 351 Ute
Excessive Fuel Ingestion

Not sure if it's been stated in this thread, but yeah, Linz is a great seller and fellow forum member, like the majority I have come across in here over the years.
I've had many good dealings with many forum members, and happily list them in my signature.

it's a great place all round, whether buying bits, looking for info, or just having a yak; and the people behind the scenes are simply top notch!

Ed
Old 28-12-2020, 09:23 PM   #10
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

I have a feeling there’s a thread somewhere here called “Outstanding Service”. A quick browse hasn’t turned it up.
Quote:
…just having a yak
Even if Linz told me I needed to buy a yak, not sure I’d go along with it. They’re often a woolly bully.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2020, 09:58 PM   #11
oldel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
I have a feeling there’s a thread somewhere here called “Outstanding Service”. A quick browse hasn’t turned it up.

Even if Linz told me I needed to buy a yak, not sure I’d go along with it. They’re often a woolly bully.
I agree...

(...that having a stickied thread at the top of the page is next to useless and no one reads them )

It's like have a thread pinned and stickied at the top makes them part of the furniture and everyone gets a massive blind spot on them
oldel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 28-12-2020, 10:32 PM   #12
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post

This thread...

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11306717
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2020, 12:59 AM   #13
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLEGEND View Post
That thread I believe is more to with businesses providing excellent service rather than members going above and beyond.
PG2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post