Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 24-08-2006, 09:20 PM   #1
XRated
Shoot.

Default Your first E-Series cruise/meet

So when was it?!

Mine was at a "Mod day" at Rob's (Psycho Chicken). I had my superlows fitted by Steve and Alex and took nearly 12 hours in the end if I recall correctly haha!!!

I don't recall my first cruise... I'm guessing Sorrento.

These cars have changed a fair bit!

Young Wayne heh.

Damn; Alex (The Goodz, out resident E-Series photographer) and Steve (Rmyers, our resident E-Series-Project-that-will-never-end!) were confused!!!

They're still trying to figure it out....

"Victory is mine!"

20V Turbo

Last edited by XRated; 24-08-2006 at 09:46 PM.
XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2006, 09:37 PM   #2
John_LS1

nice fabricated msn window :P

anyways mine was the "Flinders" cruise. i remember turning up and MADNC_8 introduced himself, also remember when LTDHO rocked up in his LTD and just looking in amazment at his setup under the bonnet. I also remember seeing this really tall bloke thinking he's a bit weird...turrned out to be EFFALCON, also met Steve (rmyerz), Rob (psycho chicken) and Dave (thanatos). i didnt really meet anyone else at that point in time but have since met and made some good friends from the club.

heres a pic of my car at my first e-series cruise...

http://www.deleted link/pics/cruises...s/DSCF0010.jpg
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2006, 09:40 PM   #3
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My first one was a heathcote meet. Ran the EB when it was stock. Met Thanatos first at a meet in Dandy.

Cant remember the first cruise, probs a mini meet or great ocean road when it was turbo.

Oh the memories!
Old 24-08-2006, 09:40 PM   #4
LUXO_8
windsor user

my first cruise was waaaay back when the club first merged with FF.com. woulda been about 03...maybe even 02 :S
it was at albert park, and from memory there was quite a decent turnout.....
IIRC the regulars at that meet were thanatos, jack trouty, bass crazy, madEAs etc... how times have changed lol!
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2006, 09:50 PM   #5
Psycho Chicken
Banned

BWA HAHAHAHA. Ah that night was a ****er Luke.

Sorrento back in 2003. LTDHO had those really bad flames on it (had to be said Wayne!).

First meet in my car? Ummmmm, I think we went to Heathcote the weekend I got it. I think I got really sunburnt.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2006, 10:00 PM   #6
Damo
Banned

it's funny how that 12 hour job would take me 2 hours now. WTF was with compressing the spring in the car.

That was one of my first meets too, well first when I had a car. I think the first meet I went on was from Dandenong plaza to somewhere, I was riding shotgun in my brothers EA. I think it was the night someone ran up Karls bumb in a lancer then he procceded to nudge a HSV ? Oh i can't remember.
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2006, 10:49 PM   #7
SB4
E-Series Member

My first meet from memory was the meet at the Bob Jane Stadium at Albert Park in 03. I had a few pics from that meet, i'll have to dig them out of the hard drive. This is one of them, my ea ghia next to bass crazy's ea ghia.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg menextbass.JPG (52.1 KB, 64 views)
SB4 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2006, 10:50 PM   #8
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB4
My first meet from memory was the meet at the Bob Jane Stadium at Albert Park in 03. I had a few pics from that meet, i'll have to dig them out of the hard drive. This is one of them, my ea ghia next to bass crazy's ea ghia.
hey thats right, you were there too......
your ea was awesome
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2006, 11:01 PM   #9
Dezza
Parts bin special

I'd been on a couple of FF.au / Fords Downunder cruises before my first e-series cruise. The first e-series one, midway through last year would have been a Melbourne night one I think. I sort of forget where to. The Fords Downunder cruises were to the Latrobe Valley power stations and to Phillip Island (which got rained out).

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2006, 11:10 PM   #10
XRated
Shoot.

Those EAs are dumped!! Now if you have an EA, why would you want to change the rear to anything except the Ghia setup? It looks awesome.

20V Turbo

Old 24-08-2006, 11:12 PM   #11
EB Pete
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Location: Under the bonnet, trying to keep as clean as above!

unfortunatly i am yet to go to 1.
EB Pete is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2006, 11:13 PM   #12
SVT8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

lol it looks like you's had a lot of fun back then. I dont go as far back as what you guys do but my first cruise was at zoological gardens earlier this year and snypereb was the first person i met. You can guarantee me that i will be attended heaps more cruises to come.

Some shots that were taken on the night of my first cruise _2:

SVT8
SVT8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2006, 11:22 PM   #13
The Goodz
E-Series Firemaker

My first meet was the dandenong's cruise back when this was just an EA club! We had like 10 cars, and when an EB rocked up there was outrage! My my how things have changed, but my heap of crap is still the same, except for some minor things

12 hours to do front springs and shocks, what a day of fun that was. I did my front springs and shocks in half an hour when I finally got around to lowering mine, it took me about 4 hours all up to do front and rear springs/shocks, and front and rear swaybars, (those bars can be a bastard to do by yourself)...

We have so gotta have another mod day!

Alex

Automotive photography, fine art landscapes, portraiture
Photo retouching and restoration

The Goodz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2006, 11:25 PM   #14
XRated
Shoot.

Hehe yeah I can do the front in about 30 minutes each side (a little longer if they are standard springs and need compressing).

20V Turbo

Old 24-08-2006, 11:28 PM   #15
needfordspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

Hmmmm I don't even remember the first one I went to I think it might have been the second sugerloaf one, I was also at Psycho Chickens mod day with Sunny actually I went to most e-series cruises with Sunny lol.
1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Cooler|Sports ryder shocks|Pedders lows|Resprayed|Microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Turbo grind cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 Conversion|Built bottom end|Custom plenum|10.6@125MPH
needfordspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2006, 12:02 AM   #16
EDXR6T

i think it was exacly last year that me and joe made an apperance at the melbourne cruise at northland i think

theres a pictures of joes car somewhere, looking back at it, looks soooo stock, thats where we met h3ktic john xr which to our dissapointment wasnt really an xr lol, EFFalcon, d4v0, madnc wayne, few others, that was a good night
EDXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2006, 12:14 AM   #17
Jason[98.EL]
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

well i have bad memories of the first cruise i went on (doesnt meen i dont like them) it was in jan or feb 2005

whn i signed up i was told that it was just a cruise around and a chat at the meet points

as it turned out it was more like a burnout fest of sorts ( only 2 or 3 guys doing them)

then it got better more cruising and catching up and talking about what we have done to our cars

now im not to sure about cruising as its starting to head the same way

jason

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jason[98.EL] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2006, 12:57 AM   #18
Obriza
Banned

My first cruise was way back in november 05, the good old days. Only about 5-10 cars turned up...was pretty disappionting. Met snypereb, lowxr, ltdho, the_goods, jjm and edxr6t.

The first cruise i actually took my car on was august 12th... Due to loss of license and repairs to the car :S. Was hating it having to get someone to come out and take me on all the cruises (mostly snypereb and gthofan).
Obriza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2006, 01:02 AM   #19
snypereb
[EBGLT]

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

My first cruise/ meet was lysterfield lake back last year bit crap the weather was but we got some awesome photo's thanks to the legend himself (the goodz).

Become an E-Series Owners Club Member Today!
http://eseries.com.au/index.php/membership/
snypereb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2006, 01:39 AM   #20
ORSMEB
Steve

Mine was the Sugarloaf/Yan Yean Reseviour Cruise earlier this year. It was when The Goodz got those grouse shots of my car. Cheers Alex.
Old 25-08-2006, 02:03 AM   #21
SB4
E-Series Member

Hey Wayne, you might remember this one. It was an EB or an ED falcon, supercharged. I dont think he was a club member, think he was a mates mate that dropped by afterwards. I never saw that car again. Also Brendan from JMM was there also with his 175kw N/A EF falcon. Chubbz just had his Dev 3 kit installed and was over the moon i remember that too. I have pics of the Sorrento meet aswell. The day i was running late & went slightly off track and Steve (Rmyers) to my rescue was giving me directions over the phone : Anyway I'll post them up when i find them.

<Sam>
SB4 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2006, 04:09 AM   #22
EFFalcon
Last warning

Like psycho chicken my first meet was sorrento 2003.

Waiting on the side of the road for the convoy to come past, but they were running late so i met them at Sorrento.
now look at me :|
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2006, 04:17 AM   #23
Rmyers
Does Steve have a car?

My first cruise was the Dandenong mountain cruise back in 2002. I remember i wasn't even going to bother coming but Alex (the goods) dragged me into it. Lol @ alex, i remember the controversy when an EB rocked up. Not sure but i think it was that cruise that i copped a speeding ticket, then everyone had to wait ages for me to catch up and find the place yous were at. Ah the memories....

Here's a couple of pics from that monster cruise....

And of course, THE BEAST!!!!

"When Chuck Norris jumps into water, he does not get wet, the water gets Chuck Norris..."
Rmyers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2006, 04:21 AM   #24
EFFalcon
Last warning

my first cruise pic

[img]hxxp://www.deleted link/pics/cruises/sorrento/Dscf0271.jpg[/img]
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2006, 08:28 AM   #25
LTDHO
The one and only

I couldn't remeber my first to be honest.

However going by what everone else has said, my debut was 2003 Sorrento with the flames, however I did attend the RAID which I think was in 2002.

Ahhh, the good ol' days!
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2006, 09:01 AM   #26
-jjM-
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDXR6T
i think it was exacly last year that me and joe made an apperance at the melbourne cruise at northland i think

theres a pictures of joes car somewhere, looking back at it, looks soooo stock, thats where we met h3ktic john xr which to our dissapointment wasnt really an xr lol, EFFalcon, d4v0, madnc wayne, few others, that was a good night
yea the first of many melbourne cruises to come, that was a good night, i came in my stocker eb lol looking at it now, i donno how i turned into what it is now

to big to post so ill put the link here

how its grown
-jjM- is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2006, 09:47 AM   #27
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

The first meet I went to was the first actual meet the club ever had. Can't remember what year it was, '01 I think. Jack would probably have a few pics. A few of us, Bass Crazy, ilsautomtive, madEAs, BlackEB, THEGRK, Acidburns and myself met at some CAA meet in the city somewhere. It was a top night and I haven't really missed many official cruises since then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2006, 09:54 AM   #28
AdzT3-146
own the road

My first cruise was AFD 05. i didn't know anyone at the pre-meet in dandenong, i think the first person i met was brockfordsrule. The only person i knew before the day was niko.

how things change. :P
T3 TE50 #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
Id rather date a goat with syphilous then drive a maloo.
AdzT3-146 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2006, 09:56 AM   #29
EA2BA
PM me if you want

I am not sure of my first meet, but that Gold EA in that first pic is mine, geez its changed a bit since then

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2006, 10:02 AM   #30
ned
Once shy... twice bitten

My first meet was the GOR cruise in 2003, met a few people there and really impressed by what I saw, since then I've learnt many things about my car from the forums and many individuals, but I must say... the old school cruises were best hardly see any of the original dudes that I met.