Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 22-05-2013, 07:43 PM   #1
ryanjames20
Starter Motor

Unhappy LW MKII Titanium - LED DRL

Hey there Guys,
Forgive me I'm new here so i hope im in the right place.

I recently took purchase of a 2013 Ford Focus LW MkII
Titanium. It's a great car, I love it.
I kinda went a little crazy at the dealership (Field day for them I'm sure) and got a lot of accessories with it.
One of which was the Sports Executive Pack, how this comes with the HID Headlights, and (just before i bought it) it was advertised with LED Daytime running lights as well.
Now since purchase I have realised that it doesnt come with these
Even though the salesmen told me it did.
And now apparently they cant do anything about it.

Should i perhaps go into a different dealership?
Has anyone had any experience with the "once" enabled LED DRL's
And or having them switched on if they weren't already?

Thanks guys

ryanjames20 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2013, 10:47 PM   #2
WILDB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: LW MKII Titanium - LED DRL

They are not a feature on the Thai assembled Focus' for some reason, the earlier LW did have them however as does the ST.

I'm not sure whether or not they can be enabled....?
WILDB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 23-05-2013, 12:45 AM   #3
ryanjames20
Starter Motor

Well thats a shame :(
I'm just curious as the Ford Website is showing DRL's as accessories but in the like bumper.
And clearly says not available on vehicles with Sports Executive pack.. I wonder why.

Thanks for that but WILDB
I'll speak to the dealership, I can't imagine it would be that difficult probably a relay or something?
ryanjames20 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2013, 05:42 PM   #4
richardnau
Focus LW MkII Titanium

Logically, it should just be a matter of a minor programming change - the lights (LED parking lights) are already installed on a Titanium with SEP.

Please keep us posted as to what the dealer says.

I once had a MkV Golf GTI. There were loads of folks on the forums that had third party programming tools and knew how to enable something like this. Is there a similar tool for Foci?
richardnau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 04-09-2013, 09:49 PM   #5
Mgoldbe1
Starter Motor

Thanks Guys for the info. Recently purchased Wifey LW Mk2 Titanium with SEP and couldn't figure out why no DRL functionality.

As you guys have said the LEDs are there as the parker light. So if you want DRLs run your parkers on all the time...shame the rear parker lights are standard globes on the sedan. Seems a few differences with Thai built Mk2 - atleast the indicator stalk is on the right side 8-)
Mgoldbe1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post