Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 03-02-2011, 06:39 PM   #1
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Video of Craig's little incident on Friday night

Hi guys, just thought i would share what happened on Craig G's national record holding alky funny car on Friday night at the Plex. I do the engine maintenance on Craigs car when at the track with my old boss Greg Gower doing the tuning and car set up with Craig. Beau and Chris and Bob Great bunch of guys to work with and with its new body and new blower in place this was its only second full power pass after licensing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLv2uzEkERk

Craig did very well to keep the car off the wall.

Silhouette FG F6 Xtreme Ford Tuning spec, Power so far 1100+RWHP

FG XR8 Ute 3 speed auto and converter and 9 inch XFT built 5.4 SCJ engine 4.0 litre Whipple 9.40 @ 148 mph Fastest Modular blown Falcon in Aus 4180pounds.

FG GS Miami/Coyote Ute Auto. XFT Xtreme 5.0 Coyote package 10.84 stock blower.

XFT F6E Stage III XFT Engine, stage III XFT ZF along with our new XFT Set up precision, quickest FG ZF with a 9.25@150 MPH
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2011, 06:44 PM   #2
XRGhia
meh.
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Contributions in the technical arena. 

wow... good work at keeping it off the wall is an understatement, more like excellent work
Old 03-02-2011, 07:04 PM   #3
Grippy
Racing improves the breed

Very lucky to avoid contact, both rear wheels were in the air at the same time! Great car control

1964 Mini Cooper S Historic Group Nb Touring car

Victorian Hill Climb Championship
Grippy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2011, 07:05 PM   #4
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

Christ, that would have sent an invite to a brown visitor!

He actually oppy locked that car to keep it straight.

Now boys and girls - imagine the skill level, the control and restraint to wind on some corrective lock succesfully at close to 400kmph....

Mind boggling really.

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2011, 07:25 PM   #5
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yer your right Tex, We where on the phone to the guys in the USA on Friday night searching for answers as to why the car did what it did and Craig then spent half of Saturday putting mods oin the rear to try and fix it, We where 3 minutes away from starting it to do a pass on the Saturday when Greg Gower(Crew Chief) got under the body with him and said "Mate you dont have to do this, We can go back and re group and make sure that when you pull the shoots next time that this doesnt happen again" Craig looked at him, Un clipped his belts and gloves and said, Your right mate, Lets call it.

So we did. I think it was a very wise decision. I mean we arent talking 150 kph we are talking close to 400 kph and the driving job he did the first time was great but i think we had a little lady luck to boot, who knows if we would have been that lucky again.

Hes got new shoots ordered and has spent every night on the phone to the guys in the USA to get it sorted.

Silhouette FG F6 Xtreme Ford Tuning spec, Power so far 1100+RWHP

FG XR8 Ute 3 speed auto and converter and 9 inch XFT built 5.4 SCJ engine 4.0 litre Whipple 9.40 @ 148 mph Fastest Modular blown Falcon in Aus 4180pounds.

FG GS Miami/Coyote Ute Auto. XFT Xtreme 5.0 Coyote package 10.84 stock blower.

XFT F6E Stage III XFT Engine, stage III XFT ZF along with our new XFT Set up precision, quickest FG ZF with a 9.25@150 MPH
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2011, 08:22 AM   #6
prasac
Banned

crazy ride and well saved, someone was definitely on his side. are the chute/s attached to the diff in anyway or are the anchor points low? that's pretty much the only reason i have seen why the rear wheels would lift like that if there was no wind.

Last edited by prasac; 04-02-2011 at 08:33 AM.
prasac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2011, 08:38 AM   #7
Fireblade
Wizard Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex
Christ, that would have sent an invite to a brown visitor!

He actually oppy locked that car to keep it straight.

Now boys and girls - imagine the skill level, the control and restraint to wind on some corrective lock succesfully at close to 400kmph....

Mind boggling really.
This is it, a lot of skill and a lot of luck keeping 4 wheels on the blacktop. I know I would have jettisoned 2kilo of brown stuff if that was me.