Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 15-03-2009, 05:15 AM   #1
Zetec Dave

Default Dynamat?

Hi everyone. I'm relatively new to this dynamat stuff and was wondering if anyone could enlighten me on its benefits and which type to go for when I finally take delivery of my new fiesta zetec. Also if anyone has done a dynamat install in their fiesta, how much did it cost? I might even get it installed first on my VW polo gti. I drive up and down the calder freeway several times a weekends and the road noise can get kinda annoying.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Zetec Dave; 15-03-2009 at 05:34 AM.
Zetec Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2009, 01:04 PM   #2
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

I put one layer down the back of the firewall - made a bit of a difference but not sure it was worth effort/cost.

Not finding the Zetec too noisy really. Most of the noise seems to be coming through the window/door seals
Candyman2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2009, 09:13 PM   #3
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They are VERY noisey on rough roads out here in the sticks but I wouldn't bother in the city as they are fine on those kind of roads, it's only there really coarse stuff you only get in South West VIC where it becomes loud
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2009, 09:41 AM   #4
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Don’t forget the crap roads in the ACT (yes the only green grass and smooth roads are on and surrounding parliment house)

It’s the first thing Ill be doing my fiesta when it arrives. Ill be concentrating on the front doors to start with as it will deaden the road noise and increase the sound quality of the speakers. Ill probably do the tail gate and depending how good the results are Ill have a peek under the carpet to see what’s there.

The amount of dynamat you use won’t affect the performance.

You can buy it from any car audio shop but be aware of cheap imitations

I have been quoted about $120 for a front door kit (does both doors)
Old 16-03-2009, 11:04 AM   #5
escorpse
Starter Motor

Does Dynamat have a lot of weight in it? If it does and you are using alot it will start to impact on the performance a bit as you will be adding more dry weight to the car. Thats if you are putting like 50+ Kg worth which i dont think you would need.

Last edited by escorpse; 16-03-2009 at 11:13 AM.
escorpse is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post