Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 06-03-2009, 03:20 AM   #1
eleusis
Starter Motor

Default Keeping the new Fiesta shiny

It's been a few weeks since the new Fiesta started rolling out of dealerships and into the grimy and dusty real world - how are you guys keeping yours nice and shiny? Any cleaning tips, product recommendations?

eleusis is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2009, 04:34 AM   #2
Swordsman88
Getting it done.....

I'm not a new Fiesta owner (but i think their great!) but am a bit of a detailing nut (so i'm told). The important thing is to protect your paint especially from day 1, so it is good you are looking to keep your car shiny from the start.

The worst thing you can do is not put any wax/sealant on your car, because then no matter how much you wash it after a few years you will probably one day notice 'the fiesta doesn't look like it did new...' and getting that look back is very hard and sometimes impossible.

I suggest you take a look at the paint and panel section of the forums for general detailing tips and/or waxit.com.au sponsor area. Dave from waxit is abig help and can send his products (trust me he will have the right products in your price range) to your door.

For me, i think with a new car all you really need is a:

1. Good quality shampoo, wash it depending on how much you use your car. If its dirty to the point of being gritty, you have to shampoo it.

2. paint preparation for waxing, either clay it or remove swirls (probalby niether if a brand new car

3. Wax/sealant, depending on your sort of driving/storage, apply this once every 6-12 months at least - depends on type of wax/sealant.

4. Tyre trim products etc. Improves the look

5. Glass cleaner/quick detail sprays for touch ups between washes etc.

6. Interior products?? Leather care if you have it, an interior trim spray for protection etc.

7. Detailing tools. A good wash mitt, microfibre towels etc.

In the end it depends on how crazy you want to go. Even if you don't use top line products a bit of effort makes a huge difference. If you spent $300 on detailing products (you wouldn't) over just 3 years the exact same colour fiesta with no protection will look noticeably worse.

Now with:
Pacemaker 4499s
Lukey Catback Exhaust
Chrome BA XR-style tip
Airdam Mounted CAI with modified (bellmouth) airbox
Trip Computer install
KYB shocks
Bridgestone Adrenalin tyres

Coming Soon:
Exhaust Overhaul.....
Swordsman88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post