Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 07-11-2011, 01:14 PM   #31
Giant
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Organising Nulon to sponsor AFF. 
Default Re: Wsid 2/11/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyDUZ747
Excellent result bloke,5 tenths slower than my BA turbo when it was 100% stock.Yours would be way more fun though at that 1/4 mile time/power

What premium fuel are you running,e10 100 from United is the best imo?

Another tip to try,if you have good stick street tires(Neuton nt5000 are good in 18s)avoid the water and just stage the car without a burnout and try the run,you may be suprised.Do you have a lsd,you may bot even need it,pump the wheel that spins less likely up 10psi more

Just trying to get you that every little bit,I recon that air con/thermo fan idea was mine to lol,I now have the switch/s so that no fans are on when leaving the line,not even low speed.PM me if you want the wire colours to tap into and ill draw you a diagram.I miss my old 167rwkw BA Futura MK11 Wagontwas fun,used to bag the left wheel for donkeys years.
+1 Fan switch idea is Freddys was just passing the tip on. The AC part is diff tip relating to lower thermostat temp control. http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11345587

Last edited by Giant; 07-11-2011 at 01:35 PM.
Giant is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2011, 01:20 PM   #32
Giant
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Organising Nulon to sponsor AFF. 

BF have 1 big fan.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:29 PM   #33
Giant
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRCIST
Whats the trick with the aircon? Im curious hehe

The thermo fans kicking in on the start line were responsible for my mediocre times so a switch to turn them off would be helpful. They would activate on the start line and hot air would blow straight on my air filter. To make matters worse, the intercooler pipe goes through the space under the headlight and due to the angle it passes through it blocks nearly all of the incoming air through that spot. Taking out the light would be my best bet for the drags like you did FPVGTHO.
Have you got a XCAL if so just adjust both fans to max temp use the aircon to force both fans on until after the burnout box. Wrap the airbox in flexible heatsheild. Remove the foglight as well.