Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 08-08-2005, 11:13 AM   #1
Chris
AFF.com.au

Default My 12.69 details

Hi guys, pleased to report that we had a great trip to SA, and dave and I managed to grab a couple of PB's. Here are my runs.

12.88 hit limiter in 1st

12.87 LSD shat itself

let diff cool for a while as I only had a one wheel drive launch

1.88.....8.14 and 87mph to the half
12.695 at 106.11

these are all my runs. I was running MT ET drag slicks with frontrunners, and man does the car feel safer now, earlier on the shift you had to watch it a little, now its a lot better, and I may back the shift off a little.

I ran with a full tank of BP ultimate, and i took the decklid, TAILGATE, towbar and spare and jack out. I weighed the car in melb, it was 1820 without me, no juice with tailgate on, so full tank (70kgs) me (90kgs) no tailgate (30kgs approx) we are looking in the mid 1950's with me in it. We also played around, headlight in and out with no difference. (we both have G and D airboxes)

for the record, it went its fastest with the headlight in, but we had to try it.

The 60 ft? well, the track was killer, and I blame it for trashing the LSD (my fault, will put the spare in this week for the forums meet) but I did notice in the car, and the outside and inside video that the car is starting to lift the front and drop the back. (all because of the slicks.) so the slicks will be staying on the car now, as I dont plan on getting any slower. :

The time, temp and track? well the sea level conditions are always a bonus, and in this case, I reckon about a half tenth to a tenth advantage. Having said that, it was a killer headwind, so I'll have to wait for heathcote before I can back all these up. The temp and time? the scale for the runs above is 11 am to 4 pm, in order.

The LS1's? im starting to see some real life signs that we are getting somewhere - my great mate Davo (sly xr8) ran consistent 12.9's with MT ET streets, and I have no doubt he will be hungry for more.

We did have some great moments with the SA boys and VSU LS1 crowd at the Gepps cross pub on the friday night and sat night. It was me and davo onto all these LS1 boys, you should have seen the looks on their faces when i presented the weight break idea, believe me, none of these guys are happy that we are getting closer by the day.

Dave's big bro even spent 2k on NOS because we are getting close.

I tried a few things on the way back down the return road, i stabbed the throttle at 2900 rpm (my current launch) and it felt tough, i stabbed it at 4000rpm and it felt like it had a far bigger number. so I think the "Kill" launch will be next.

Oh, and on the way home, I stopped in at Bill towler automotive and won the dyno comp with my highway 91 octane econo tune and stock TB. (236rwkw)
After i was done, an F18 flew over real low and fast, much to the delight of all present. I love my big boss, and I looked up at the fighter and knew how he was feeling, loving his job, blasting the hornet all over SA.

I would like to thank the following people,

Vic street utes, great bunch, my liver will never be the same,

Difillipo exhausts, they are number one.

Ararat TMU, thanks guys, the speeding fine sat nicely next to the 12.69 slip

The Bar staff at the Gepps cross hotel - I dont normally stand on the barstool and try to pour myself free beers, but its not everyday you run a number......

Davo, sly, my right hand man and arch enemy on the blacktop

Simon, i just dont have the words, and last but not least, my girl, I know she reads this from time to time, thanks for letting me out to play, you are a gun and i love you to pieces.

Rock on guys, see you at heathcote!! have to go freshen up my spare diff....

Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2005, 11:30 AM   #2
Noddy
Mercury Silver T3

Sounds like a great time was had by all, those 60's and et's are simply awesome. You sure know how to pilot a street car down the blacktop, many kudos to you and your fellow boss r&d team. I definately think a boss road trip Willowbank is in order as the ls1 still reigns suppreme up in these parts.

2017 Magnetic Mustang

What to hear a tuff T3?
Click here
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y30...ent=Movie2.mp4
Noddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2005, 12:47 PM   #3
XRQTOR
Banned

Well done mate, sounds like a killer weekend was had by all. The time slips are showing the amount of time and effort your pouring into these 26o's, ET's talk and bullsh*t walk's......................

About time you change that time in your sig mate.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2005, 01:05 PM   #4
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I bet some one eyed LS1 owners are getting put back in their boxes. ;) Keep it up. Your efforts impressive.

Tuned by Hallam Performance
brenx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2005, 01:07 PM   #5
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

awesome stuff Chris
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2005, 02:10 PM   #6
parawolf
beep beep

Nothing short of outstanding. Thats some awesome time there. And to think, this is the Boss 260 motor. I wonder if there would be much in it with similar mods to a Boss 290?
Old 08-08-2005, 02:38 PM   #7
fpvgal

Thumbs up

Quote:
Hi guys, pleased to report that we had a great trip to SA, and dave and I managed to grab a couple of PB's. Here are my runs.
wowwww unopend how fast do think i can get my gto mk11 auto and how kms do u think i need for run in its new
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2005, 02:50 PM   #8
MADDER
FF.com.au SAAB Driver

Awesome stuff, you mentioned something about video.....

Now = 2006 SAAB 9-3 SportCombi with Heated Seats
MADDER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2005, 02:56 PM   #9
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well done guys, it was good to get out there even though it was a short stay to see you both do some runs down the track.
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2005, 05:59 PM   #10
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Well done
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2005, 06:42 PM   #11
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you guys are really getting results now. congrats to Simon and yourself.
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2005, 06:52 PM   #12
Xtreme F6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hey bro, good to you see you home safe and sound.... Nice pic but why arent the wheels in the air :

Silhouette FG F6 Xtreme Ford Tuning spec, Power so far 1100+RWHP

FG XR8 Ute 3 speed auto and converter and 9 inch XFT built 5.4 SCJ engine 4.0 litre Whipple 9.40 @ 148 mph Fastest Modular blown Falcon in Aus 4180pounds.

FG GS Miami/Coyote Ute Auto. XFT Xtreme 5.0 Coyote package 10.84 stock blower.

XFT F6E Stage III XFT Engine, stage III XFT ZF along with our new XFT Set up precision, quickest FG ZF with a 9.25@150 MPH
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2005, 06:52 PM   #13
rodderz

Well done and a good writeup Chris

Every time you get a PB the night's runs are always very close and consistant
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2005, 07:18 PM   #14
Chris
AFF.com.au

I wish it was night, it would have been a 40 or 50, not a 60 :sm_headba
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2005, 07:24 PM   #15
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mid 12s from an unopened 2 tonne truck......thats simply awesome. I want a piece of it

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
T3rminator is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2005, 08:11 PM   #16
HEMI POWER
N/A BOSS 390+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris

12.88 hit limiter in 1st

12.87 LSD shat itself

let diff cool for a while as I only had a one wheel drive launch

1.88.....8.14 and 87mph to the half
12.695 at 106.11

these are all my runs. I was running MT ET drag slicks with frontrunners, and man does the car feel safer now, earlier on the shift you had to watch it a little, now its a lot better, and I may back the shift off a little.

I ran with a full tank of BP ultimate, and i took the decklid, TAILGATE, towbar and spare and jack out. I weighed the car in melb, it was 1820 without me, no juice with tailgate on, so full tank (70kgs) me (90kgs) no tailgate (30kgs approx) we are looking in the mid 1950's with me in it. We also played around, headlight in and out with no difference. (we both have G and D airboxes)

for the record, it went its fastest with the headlight in, but we had to try it.

The 60 ft? well, the track was killer, and I blame it for trashing the LSD (my fault, will put the spare in this week for the forums meet) but I did notice in the car, and the outside and inside video that the car is starting to lift the front and drop the back. (all because of the slicks.) so the slicks will be staying on the car now, as I dont plan on getting any slower. :

The time, temp and track? well the sea level conditions are always a bonus, and in this case, I reckon about a half tenth to a tenth advantage. Having said that, it was a killer headwind, so I'll have to wait for heathcote before I can back all these up. The temp and time? the scale for the runs above is 11 am to 4 pm, in order.

The LS1's? im starting to see some real life signs that we are getting somewhere - my great mate Davo (sly xr8) ran consistent 12.9's with MT ET streets, and I have no doubt he will be hungry for more.

We did have some great moments with the SA boys and VSU LS1 crowd at the Gepps cross pub on the friday night and sat night. It was me and davo onto all these LS1 boys, you should have seen the looks on their faces when i presented the weight break idea, believe me, none of these guys are happy that we are getting closer by the day.

Dave's big bro even spent 2k on NOS because we are getting close.

I tried a few things on the way back down the return road, i stabbed the throttle at 2900 rpm (my current launch) and it felt tough, i stabbed it at 4000rpm and it felt like it had a far bigger number. so I think the "Kill" launch will be next.

Oh, and on the way home, I stopped in at Bill towler automotive and won the dyno comp with my highway 91 octane econo tune and stock TB. (236rwkw)
After i was done, an F18 flew over real low and fast, much to the delight of all present. I love my big boss, and I looked up at the fighter and knew how he was feeling, loving his job, blasting the hornet all over SA.

I would like to thank the following people,

Vic street utes, great bunch, my liver will never be the same,

Difillipo exhausts, they are number one.

Ararat TMU, thanks guys, the speeding fine sat nicely next to the 12.69 slip

The Bar staff at the Gepps cross hotel - I dont normally stand on the barstool and try to pour myself free beers, but its not everyday you run a number......

Davo, sly, my right hand man and arch enemy on the blacktop

Simon, i just dont have the words, and last but not least, my girl, I know she reads this from time to time, thanks for letting me out to play, you are a gun and i love you to pieces.

Rock on guys, see you at heathcote!! have to go freshen up my spare diff....
Fu(king awesome Chris.Maybe a 40 or a 50 on Sat. :sm_headba
ALL AUSSIE MUSCLE
HEMI POWER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2005, 08:19 PM   #17
SLY XR8
Who's your Daddy now

CONGRATULATIONS : :

Well you are THE MAN in ALL aspects Chris. I watch with shear delite every time you run that beast. Quicker and Quicker.

Can't wait till Heathcote next weekend for some more quick times.

I'll have to start pull my finger out.
Think the LS1 boys better to.