Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-11-2009, 10:21 PM   #1
krt10
eskyman

Default selling car interstate SA

hello.
i searched the transport SA sight but cannot find anything.

i have sold a car and its getting put on a truck and heading interstate. it is currently unregistered.

do i still need to fill out a car ownership transfer ( on the back of the rego papers) and send it in ( bearing in mind that i cannot get his signiture) also should i take the number plates off and return them.

havnt sold a car interstate and im just unsure.

cheers

Old 19-11-2009, 05:41 PM   #2
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Oh dear...And I dont even live there

http://www.sa.gov.au/subject/Transpo...l+of+a+vehicle

Notifying the disposal of a vehicle

When you sell a registered motor vehicle you must complete and lodge a disposal notice within 14 days. This will provide you with some protection if the vehicle is used to commit an offence after you have sold it.

What to do at the time of sale

Step 1: Complete the disposal notice printed on the reverse side of the certificate of registration.

Ensure you sight evidence of the buyer’s identity and accurately record the buyer’s name and address (and licence number if possible).

If you do not have the certificate of registration, you can apply for a replacement at any Service SA customer service centre.

Step 2: Sign the application for transfer of registration and provide it to the new owner.

The application for transfer of registration is printed on the reverse side of the certificate of registration.

Note: It is in your best interests to retain the details of the person you have sold the vehicle to.

Step 3: Lodge the disposal notice at a Service SA customer service centre within 14 days.
Old 19-11-2009, 07:16 PM   #3
krt10
eskyman

oh dear...looks like you dont read questions either

i can fill out all that but how am i meant to sight his identification when he lives interstate.

i asking how i am meant to do that when i wont have contact with the buyer in person.
Old 19-11-2009, 07:19 PM   #4
Fireblade
Wizard Member

And the fact its only for registered cars not unregistered ones. You are fine mate.
Old 19-11-2009, 08:04 PM   #5
krt10
eskyman

cheers. i was just wondering as i have never sold a car interstate before.