Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 24-12-2009, 09:30 PM   #1
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

Question Is a Fairlane forum AWOL?

Hi guys,

I had a quick look around & can't find a section dedicated for Fairlanes. Falcon, Bronco/effy's etc, but no forums dedicated to Fairlanes. Maybe I missed it???? If not, why isn't there one for these comfortable, long distance, up-market beasts? Sure, the running gear as the same as a falcon, but some body panels & bits & pieces are unique to them. Not to mention the TL50's & the one 40 apparently! Some people do get narky about posting threads about other products in a dedicated forum. I.E Fairlane in a falcon thread, comparison of a 6cyl & an 8 cyl in one forum or the other.

So how bout it? I mean they are a popular car (until recently when it got the axe), & I do see a fair amount of them on the roads. Sure I like falcons. Fairlanes have that Mean "Im here" stance about them when lowered & tricked, or the elegance of a long wheel base beast that does the hard miles in style!

Cheers
BBII

Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2009, 10:55 PM   #2
Mont5.0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...light=fairlane

is it AU or X series persific? Look in the right sections.
Old 24-12-2009, 10:58 PM   #3
Mont5.0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

[quote]Sure I like falcons. Fairlanes have that Mean "Im here" stance about them when lowered & tricked, or the elegance of a long wheel base beast that does the hard miles in style![end/quote]

If you say so!- maybe the reason why there are so few threads on underpowered, over weight fairlanes?
Old 24-12-2009, 11:04 PM   #4
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

I think it works well as is

dependant on your model Fairlane you post in teh appropriate section

ie I own a ZF and troll around the Classic Falcons section
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2009, 11:20 PM   #5
Mont5.0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

and thats just it. not trying to be offensive, just to the point! merry xmas to all fairlane lovers!
Old 24-12-2009, 11:30 PM   #6
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

There is a dedicated thread in the Show and Shine section to Fairlanes if that helps!

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=197
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2009, 01:21 AM   #7
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

If you say so!- maybe the reason why there are so few threads on underpowered, over weight fairlanes?[/QUOTE]

well the later one's from the early 90's weren't all that far behind the falcon's in pace. Mines a 94 NCII v8. Plus the new falcons are damned heavy. They tip the scales at almost 1900KG's, maybe more I think. With only 315kw for a GT. If I dropped anything close to that into my 1710kg fairlane. Well the P-T-W-R figures tell the story! Bye bye $60k GT! or F6 for that matter!
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2009, 10:14 AM   #8
Mont5.0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

i see your point. But they are not exactly performance cars. I myself drive a V8 AU Fairmont, it has a bit of poke but is far from being an XR8. The V8's they usually give you in Fairmont of Fairlane are the bog stock variety (in my case the 175kw)- yes they can be woken up with a bit of coin thrown at them but they are still heavier than a base model falcon.
Old 26-12-2009, 10:37 AM   #9
KR1STO
Just another mock-up..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Beast II
Not to mention the TL50's & the one 40 apparently!

BBII

haha... love that line.... :

see my car here:
Built my own TL50!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KR1STO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post