Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 25-06-2021, 03:48 PM   #1
xr6eta

Default 3D Printing of parts

Hi Everyone
Back after some time off and several vehicle changes and a move to Tasmania and have wound up with another AU Falcon, finally the XR6 I was attempting to create using various other platforms (long story). Appears very original with standard broken headlight mounts etc. I searched for 3D printing but didn't find much new, is anyone on here making parts for the harder to get items these days, eg xr6 headlight mounts, xr6 headlight protectors etc. Unfortunately while in Canberra I had all this stuff in excellent condition but the move to Tassie saw it all sold off without thinking I might end up with another one down the track. Anyway, if anyone has any responses, i look forward to hearing them. Cheers Glenn
xr6eta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2021, 07:43 PM   #2
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

Default Re: 3D Printing of parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr6eta View Post
Hi Everyone
Back after some time off and several vehicle changes and a move to Tasmania and have wound up with another AU Falcon, finally the XR6 I was attempting to create using various other platforms (long story). Appears very original with standard broken headlight mounts etc. I searched for 3D printing but didn't find much new, is anyone on here making parts for the harder to get items these days, eg xr6 headlight mounts, xr6 headlight protectors etc. Unfortunately while in Canberra I had all this stuff in excellent condition but the move to Tassie saw it all sold off without thinking I might end up with another one down the track. Anyway, if anyone has any responses, i look forward to hearing them. Cheers Glenn

if your not fussed re originality - headlight bases

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/29406011...EAAOSwtqRbhyss

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/29406011...EAAOSwtqRbhyss
mad2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2021, 03:18 PM   #3
xr6eta

Default Re: 3D Printing of parts

Thanks mad2, will keep that in mind. I thought there might be some out there experimenting with the 3d printing for these smaller type parts. Would rather keep original but you have to do what you have to do. Will pull bumper off to repair and spray when it warms up so I will see if the old ones are too broken to fix.
xr6eta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: