Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 04-08-2006, 03:54 PM   #1
Rmyers
Does Steve have a car?

Default The ED gets some lovin (new wheels and clear indicators)

Did a couple of things to the ED yesterday to make her look that little bit nicer. First was i finally chucked some clear indicators on her. Thing is that a few days ago i accidentally broke one of my indicators anyway, so this seemed to be the perfect opportunity to upgrade.

Secondly, i got myself a set of polished turbo blades. Now, many of you may have actually seen these particular wheels before, they used to be on SB3's car (not sure what his user name is now), but they were then sold to Thanatos, who then sold them to me yesterday.
Here's some pics...

They still need a good wipe down as i only had time to give them a quick once over, plus my car could do with a wash. Definately a step up in terms of looks tho, considering how bad the other wheels looked (gutter bashed, clear peeling etc)

Let us know what you think

"When Chuck Norris jumps into water, he does not get wet, the water gets Chuck Norris..."
Rmyers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2006, 04:05 PM   #2
Dezza
Parts bin special

Looks good Steve. Those turboblades look heaps better than mine. You should be working on the EA though, not the ED :P

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2006, 04:08 PM   #3
Rmyers
Does Steve have a car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ea_silver_ghia
Looks good Steve. Those turboblades look heaps better than mine. You should be working on the EA though, not the ED :P
Meh, the ed needed a new indicator, so that's why i got the clear ones, and desperately needed new tyres, and, well, these ones were better!!! Never fear tho, the EA is still being worked on. Tomorrow we will be slightly modifying the bodykit to suite my needs and fixing any imperfections in the bonnet, and sunday will be spent prepping and priming the bumpers, exterior plastics, repriming the bonnet and repriming any bits on the car were paint is showing through the primer.

"When Chuck Norris jumps into water, he does not get wet, the water gets Chuck Norris..."
Old 04-08-2006, 05:01 PM   #4
5L
[ 5L ]

it looks alot lower now than the last pics you posted of it with your bonspeed clutch's,
[ 5L ] 2001 AU series 2 xr8, 220kw, 5speed, leather interior, premium sound, narooma blue, cat back exhaust, k&n filter,willall edit,MSD coil packs, MSD leads, monroe gt gas shocks, superlow kingsprings 187rwkw (mainline)

www.ignitionimages.com
5L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2006, 05:01 PM   #5
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmyers
Meh, the ed needed a new indicator, so that's why i got the clear ones
Yeah, that's the same reason I got the clear indicators for my car. My right one was all cracked and was filling with water, so it was the best opportunity to fit clear ones!

Good to hear you are making progress with the EA anyway. Hope all goes well.

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2006, 05:06 PM   #6
LUXO_8
windsor user

heh....looks good steve..
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2006, 05:19 PM   #7
LTDHO
The one and only

Yah couldn't help yaself...

Get back onto the EA.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2006, 06:09 PM   #8
Skooter

i love the look of them, how much do those indicators cost? and do you get then from ford?
Skooter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2006, 06:28 PM   #9
Damo
Banned

Thanatos is still alive ? :P

Looks good mate, could have given the wheels a clean for the photos though.
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2006, 06:36 PM   #10
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

orthm.

Quick question, has the rear got lower springs/shocks than the front?
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2006, 06:49 PM   #11
Rmyers
Does Steve have a car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skooter
i love the look of them, how much do those indicators cost? and do you get then from ford?
They are aftermarket and i got them from ferntree gully auto salvage for $40. The ones on the EA are genuine from ford, which back then cost over $80 EACH. From what i've heard, the price has gone up significantly since then...

Old 04-08-2006, 06:52 PM   #12
Rmyers
Does Steve have a car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb5speed
it looks alot lower now than the last pics you posted of it with your bonspeed clutch's,
Yeah the springs were freshly installed then, so they have enough time to settle since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia5l
Quick question, has the rear got lower springs/shocks than the front?
They are just king spring superlows all round. From what i know they tend to sit slightly lower at the back on most cars...

Old 04-08-2006, 08:33 PM   #13
evlelf
Banned

looks good, another cheap lil upgrade which would help looks around a LOT would be the AUs3 side repeaters.. the clear ones.. they look mint.. go for it.. the ea can b a lil jealous :P:P
evlelf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2006, 11:19 AM   #14
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmyers
They are aftermarket and i got them from ferntree gully auto salvage for $40. The ones on the EA are genuine from ford, which back then cost over $80 EACH. From what i've heard, the price has gone up significantly since then...
hey i got my clear indicators for $33 each from the Australian Ford Dismantlers and they are genuine Ford ones too.