Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 29-06-2013, 11:02 AM   #1
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 
Default Australian motoring enthusiast party

Sorry for the semi political post. I didn't see any mention of this on AFF so I thought I'd bring your attention to the fact that these guys have set up a party and will be standing for senate seats.

As always with voting you, should research their policies and decide whether you would like to support them.

http://www.australianmotoringenthusiastparty.org.au/

Old 29-06-2013, 09:00 PM   #2
Lotte
YE-US! Wait. I don't know

Default Re: Australian motoring enthusiast party

I've been following these guys, and my main issue is that they're not clear on where their preference lies (just say it's with whichever party best supports the needs of enthusiasts at the time), and they don't have policies, just values, which is fine, but the method to achieving those values is what's important imho.
I'm watching them keenly however.
The Weekender: '06 BF Pursuit, Toxic, lumpy af

3 users like this post:
Old 29-06-2013, 11:22 PM   #3
Buntz
Straight Eight

It's very admirable and idealistic, but I don't think they garner any real credibility.

Good luck to them though.
Old 30-06-2013, 12:54 AM   #4
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ok guys, this thread has merit and is topical due to the impending election but if it turns into a slanging match there will be holidays.
Old 30-06-2013, 02:32 AM   #5
karj
XY Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist View Post
Ok guys, this thread has merit and is topical due to the impending election but if it turns into a slanging match there will be holidays.
I am slightly concerned that making an exception to the rule of no political posts in this case could be considered or construed as an endorsement of a political party by AFF.

The purpose of this thread is to promote a political party. By allowing it to exist, we are allowing AFF to be used as a platform for election campaigning.

I question whether that is appropriate; I feel as though AFF should remain apolitical.

Not meaning to stir anything up, just voicing an opinion.

Cheers
Old 30-06-2013, 02:49 AM   #6
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you must be bored
2 users like this post:
Old 30-06-2013, 08:43 AM   #7
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by karj View Post
I am slightly concerned that making an exception to the rule of no political posts in this case could be considered or construed as an endorsement of a political party by AFF.

The purpose of this thread is to promote a political party. By allowing it to exist, we are allowing AFF to be used as a platform for election campaigning.

I question whether that is appropriate; I feel as though AFF should remain apolitical.

Not meaning to stir anything up, just voicing an opinion.

Cheers
AFF is a forum primarily devoted to motoring enthusiasts. Discussing this is not endorsing it nor is it disendorsing it.

Our passion is under siege from almost all directions. Any policies from any group that will directly affect us should be explored in the same way that changes in legislation, which are effectively enactment of policy of a group, have been explored and discussed since the beginning of the forum.
Old 30-06-2013, 09:12 AM   #8
Kevxr8Leexr6

I think that in this day and age of government with all the minority groups that are appearing more so now than ever, bringing a party,s concerns to be heard is a good thing. given that the two major party,s should be focused on the wellbeing of economic ,wealth, citizens etc. small groups of single focus can express the needs of their core issues to the greater majority.
This user likes this post:
Old 30-06-2013, 09:46 AM   #9
EB#
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Constant helpful advice and step by step guides in easy to understand format with pictures. 

Why do they bother calling themselves The Motoring Enthusiast Party when not
one of their listed core values relates to motoring enthusiasm?
http://www.australianmotoringenthusi...au/core_values

No thanks.
Old 30-06-2013, 09:52 AM   #10
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB92 View Post

No thanks.
They are obviously conservative libertarians. That means more freedom all around, lower taxes, less government control. Pretty obvious how that applies to road laws, speed limits, revenue collection etc. I would vote for them in a second.
Old 30-06-2013, 09:54 AM   #11
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

No thanks.
Seriously?

You cannot see any relationship between the policies listed and the current prejudice against and vilification of motor enthusiasts, car clubs and the misuse of traffic legislation as de facto taxation?
Old 30-06-2013, 10:00 AM   #12
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:

No thanks.
These are their objectives

Quote:
The objectives of the AMEP shall be:

a) To promote and foster due consideration for the freedoms and beliefs of the motor enthusiast community regardless of motoring discipline.

b) to formulate a platform and policies conducive to that objective and foster positive greater community understanding of the motor enthusiast lifestyle

c) to advocate for equitable judicial process for motor enthusiasts

d) to advocate for standards and legislation that are safe, affordable and workable as they apply to motor enthusiasts

e) to actively campaign against discrimination towards the motor enthusiast community wherever it may arise.

f) to foster amicable discourse between the motor enthusiast community and the Automotive Aftermarket Industry.

g) to foster amicable discourse between the motor enthusiast community and all levels of Government, Agencies, Authorities and bureaucracies.

h) to identify and address bureaucratic inefficiencies and inadequacies as they relate to the motor enthusiast community

i) to select candidates adhering to the Constitution, beliefs and ideals of the AMEP and secure their election to the Australian Senate

j) to continue to evolve the focus, platform & policies of the AMEP in response to the attitudes and beliefs of AMEP members

k) to develop to the fullest extent the sense of Nation in Australia

Old 30-06-2013, 10:03 AM   #13
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Unfortunately I can see this starting to go boom.

I think quitting while ahead might be the best path.
2 users like this post:
Closed Thread