Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-03-2009, 07:36 PM   #1
BigAL_250
and that's how it is

Default The Power to Change Ford

News report by CNN. Doesn't really say anything we didn't already know, but at least it's positive media exposure.

CNN Money: The Power to Change Ford

BigAL_250 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2009, 07:45 PM   #2
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

Good positive reporting.

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2009, 08:44 PM   #3
imugli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's great to see Ford (as a whole, not just their PR people) starting to win the war of convincing people they are the best of the three. My hat goes off to those involved in the turnaround - from the top down. That's you, Steve - Well done!
imugli is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2009, 09:45 PM   #4
Foylema
BOOST

Good , it's funny how this time last year people were saying how Ford in Australia will go soon, but look now whos in trouble now GM (Holden)
Foylema is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2009, 10:36 AM   #5
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I am partial to Ford, but I don't want to see Ford, GM or Chrysler go under. - I also don't want them to be bought out by Asian or European companies.
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2009, 09:19 PM   #6
Ohio XB
Compulsive Hobbiest

Thanks Imugli.

I happened to see that report as it aired. It ticked me off that instead of rolling with the story, the change that Mulally had brought to Ford, that woman reporter instead had to get in several digs on Ford.

It is nice to see Mulally get the credit he deserves. If ever one man had an affect on an entire corporation it is him. I like that he pointed out his career at Boeing and how he started out as an Engineer there and ultimately wound up as CEO, working his way up through the ranks and how he turned that company around.

The guy was also correct about Ford's quality being a "hard sell". The perception of Ford by the public has been one of the most difficult changes to make. Many of you have read my posts here and have seen the lengths I have gone to in order to get out accurate information about Ford that corrects many misconceptions and out dated notions. Yeah, Ford was guilty of most all the bad things that people have said about Ford in the past, but it is just that, the past. I am one of the most "Don't tell me, show me" kind of people where someone telling me something is not enough, especially at Ford where I had been told a lot of positive changes that we were going to do that NEVER happened. That polarized a lot of workers. When Mulally came that all changed. What he said happened, and soon. Ford is now how it should have been. It's been a long time coming but it is here now.

Steve

My XB Interceptor project

Wife's 1966 Mustang

My Artworks and Creative Projects Site
Oil Paintings, Airbrushing, Metal Sculpture,
Custom Cars, Replica Movie Props, Videos,
and more!
Ohio XB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2009, 10:51 PM   #7
benoxr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

For Aus, the latest models at the top end are around $70,000 and the theory still going around is if one had 70 grand to spend they wouldnt go visiting a Ford car yard. The G6E has had some impact on negating that theory but there is still some way to go with the car for "mr average". Wouldnt be surprsied if/when they drop the Falcon name simply to assist them in changing the attitude that Ford is not good quality.
R.I.P. Jarrad 22/05/83 - 08/12/02
benoxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2009, 12:27 AM   #8
mcnamg

Quote:
Originally Posted by benoxr
For Aus, the latest models at the top end are around $70,000 and the theory still going around is if one had 70 grand to spend they wouldnt go visiting a Ford car yard. The G6E has had some impact on negating that theory but there is still some way to go with the car for "mr average". Wouldnt be surprsied if/when they drop the Falcon name simply to assist them in changing the attitude that Ford is not good quality.
The biggest issue that Ford has in Australia is not only the perception that you wouldnt spend that much on a tarted up taxi (flame suit on) but people have undoubtably heard many horror stories about how bad Ford dealers are compared to the rest not to mention the rep the service departments have. So even if the quality is there Ford still have other hurdles they need to get over
mcnamg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2009, 12:36 AM   #9
351@GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

"Wouldnt be surprsied if/when they drop the Falcon name simply to assist them in changing the attitude that Ford is not good quality."

they have hence the g6 / g6e etc

and yeah a lot of the service departments leave a lot to be desired, went and serviced my old lady's car ( avalon!!! )

service department on any dealings i have had with ford&holden. and they gave me a lift home/pickup for nothing, and didnt ring me up for injector cleans or this that and the other. heap cheaper service in the first place too
351@GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post