Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 10-04-2007, 02:12 PM   #1
Oo_xrsx_oO
t i c k f o r d

Default XR Series Brakes

Hi all

I signed up a few weeks ago after lurking around for a while but haven't posted anything until now.

Anyway I had a wheel off yesterday and noticed the brake calipers were PBR branded. I wasn't sure if they should have ford logos or tickford wings on them so just want to know if these are standard calipers or factory options, unless a previous owned has upgraded them?

Cheers

Liquid Silver / Manual / Leather / Momo Wheel & Shifter / Premium Sound / Lovells Superlows / Koni Reds / T3 Pursuit Rims / Pacemaker 4499s / 2.5 Inch Exhaust
Oo_xrsx_oO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2007, 02:37 PM   #2
bomber
Banned

PBR calipers were used on AUII and AUIII they will be twin pots havnt notice any calipers with the ford logo on them as they are all manufactured by other companies the Tickford winged badge was stampped onto the T series brakes i believe. So these are just stock calipers.
bomber is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2007, 03:17 PM   #3
b2tf
not here much anymore

PBR make all the calipers be it stock brakes or Tickford brakes etc. As has been said, if they are standard brakes they will have the PBR logo cast into the caliper on the side and no other markings, if they are Tickford brakes they will have a larger 330mm disc and have the Tickford wings cast into the face of the caliper.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:17 PM   #4
Oo_xrsx_oO
t i c k f o r d

Thanks fellas, I was doubtful they would have been an upgrade providing fronts and rears are both PBR when often you only usually see fronts upgraded if done aftermarket, was just unsure as far as factory options went. Still can't complain for a stock caliper after having an e series, but an upgrade like the one offered by FTG would be nice down the track.

Liquid Silver / Manual / Leather / Momo Wheel & Shifter / Premium Sound / Lovells Superlows / Koni Reds / T3 Pursuit Rims / Pacemaker 4499s / 2.5 Inch Exhaust
Oo_xrsx_oO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post