Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-01-2008, 02:00 PM   #1
Casablanca
carburettor

Default Can you believe some people...

get this i was driving to a mates house this morning along mount cotton road and some idiot in a ricer came flying up behind me (pretty sure it was an evo 9 was def an evo though) sat up my *** for about 5 mins kept trying to overtake intooncoming traffic and managed to run up the back of my uncles fairlane 500 original that i was driving. when i pull over and he gets out he starts thrying to fight me.

i stepped out of the car and he crapped his pants im about 6' 8 and built quite big he then shut up for a few seconds then told me that he had run into me because i was going too slow i said that there is a 2-2.5 sec rule to avoid collisions like this and that i was sitting smack bang on the limit.

i then went around to the rear of the car and saw what he had done. the whole rear of the car has been completely punched in though compared to the damage to his car it was small, complete write off on his part i think, i then say to him that this car is worth more than his life and when my uncle finds out he is a dead man. he started mouthing off and tried to go me while i was talking to the cops they came round bout 20mins later while im punching the idiots head in because he hit me just after i got off the phone. they arrived pulled me off him charged me with assault, whats the bet he gets off because he started a fight with a bigger guy.

i just got back from the station whilst they investigate.

man does life suck.

i have yet to tell my uncle about his car

HSV Team shirt..... $65
Tank of Fuel....$75
Being cornered by a 17 year old bogan with 2 kids and no teeth telling you how much she loves HSV's..... Priceless
Casablanca is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2008, 02:05 PM   #2
xbandrew
THATXB

thats crap, i doubt he'll get off tho, did ya get him good
Old 03-01-2008, 02:07 PM   #3
Casablanca
carburettor

yea i broke 4 of his ribs broke his nose splite his lip in several places and gave him some serious bruising around the midsection. im not really a fighter but when someone starts me and they are in the wrong i just see red.
HSV Team shirt..... $65
Tank of Fuel....$75
Being cornered by a 17 year old bogan with 2 kids and no teeth telling you how much she loves HSV's..... Priceless
Old 03-01-2008, 02:16 PM   #4
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

You are going to find that your size will work against you if taken to court sorry champ, your defense will be that, defense.

The plus side is he hit you.
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2008, 02:19 PM   #5
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
You are going to find that your size will work against you if taken to court sorry champ, your defense will be that, defense.

The plus side is he hit you.
Pretty much agree there, hopefully he left bruising on ya. If so take pictures and make sure you have them as evidence.
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2008, 02:22 PM   #6
Casablanca
carburettor

yea i know thats the problem though he didnt do crap all to me bruising wise but from where the cops are standing he a bloody pulp and im aggroing and required a coupla cops to pull me off him, it looks like aggravated assault tho my uncle who owns the car is a lawyer so hope i get out of it
HSV Team shirt..... $65
Tank of Fuel....$75
Old 03-01-2008, 02:36 PM   #7
Mr Cube
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Did he run up your back because you put the brakes on, to get them to step back?

AUI VCT:
To date - Big brake upgrade, Koni and Kings all round, 2.5 cat back ready for replacing, 19" again ready for replacing.

Planned - Too much now I got the baby back.
Mr Cube is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2008, 02:49 PM   #8
LowEL2XR8
Mr Impulsive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Cube
Did he run up your back because you put the brakes on, to get them to step back?
I don't reckon you would do that in an original Fairlane 500.
Old 03-01-2008, 02:52 PM   #9
AUIIForte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Cube
hahaha. Would turn the whole situation around!
AUIIForte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2008, 02:58 PM   #10
AndyZH

Call your doctor, tell them you have been in a car accident and assault, visit them ASAP and get on the record your sore whatever that he hit.

You will have a record of his damage to your person, much better than saying 'he hit me, but i have nothing to prove it' later on.
AndyZH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2008, 03:05 PM   #11
GT-P BOSS
True Australian V8 Grunt

good on you he had it comming. but unfortunatly your size will be a downfall but hopefully you won't get in too much trouble. :jab:
Old 03-01-2008, 03:08 PM   #12
Casablanca
carburettor

i was just slowing down for a sharp caorner and he tried to accelerate on the inside lane you know the ones that allow you to move past if you need to turn, well he lost traction in the wet and hit me.

cheers for the idea i will go down to my doctor and let him know.
HSV Team shirt..... $65
Tank of Fuel....$75
Old 03-01-2008, 03:11 PM   #13
Casablanca
carburettor

i knew i shouldnt have hit him back back but he was also telling me what a piece of shite car it was and how could anybody drive a bucket like that and it got me really angry because even to ricers i dont say stuff like that or commodore bogans i just keep to myself, but that coupled with what he was calling me and then he hit me i just blew my stack big time i don't remmeber most of it mainly getting pulled away by about 4 cops they dragged me off and cuffed me.
HSV Team shirt..... $65
Tank of Fuel....$75
Old 03-01-2008, 03:14 PM   #14
Kryton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casablanca
i then say to him that this car is worth more than his life and when my uncle finds out he is a dead man.
and that right there is going to be your down fall.
although he tried fighting you at the start, you have made a threat on his life.
theres a fair chance if you had have not threatened him, you wouldnt find yourself in the predicament your in now.
hope it works out for you.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2008, 03:20 PM   #15
T3ts50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Were there any witnesses that saw him hit you first? If you were so much bigger tha him, why didnt you just push him away? By the sounds of it you really went to town on him, which can seem a bit excessive on the cops point of view.
T3ts50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2008, 03:26 PM   #16
Casablanca
carburettor

yea i know both the threat and the fight was pretty excessive and yes i did go to town but im pretty sure the cops are talking to a lady who saw me arguing with him and also saw him hit me first we were on her property. supposedly she thought it was hilarious when he hit me she thought it looked like david and goliath and she said there was no way in hell she was gunna try and break us up. btw this is what the police have just told me when they rang earlier, they then went on to say my statement coincides with the lady.
whereas the other guy was making stuff up to get out of shite.

even when i told the police that i had threatened him they said that its only aggravated assault if i continued to threaten him.

they actually laughed when they found that he had hit my uncles car then hit me being that im so big and have just informed me privately that they woulda done the same. lol

still pretty ****ed at myself for hitting him back though thought i had better self restraint. lol obviously not
HSV Team shirt..... $65
Tank of Fuel....$75
Old 03-01-2008, 03:26 PM   #17
LUXO_8
windsor user

wow.......wasnt even your car and you still threatened him......then layed into him.......

i dont care about the circumstances, but man, good luck, you're going to need it i think
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2008, 03:27 PM   #18
XR8 Uterous
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

I hope your uncles a bloody good laywer.
XR8 Uterous is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2008, 03:34 PM   #19
Casablanca
carburettor

well what would you do if some stain did the same to your car i know its not mine but i was driving it and responsible for it.

and it looks as if he is going to get charged with assault, found out he was ****ed and on drugs so the cops are going to charge him and we are going to sue.

its all good.
HSV Team shirt..... $65
Tank of Fuel....$75
Old 03-01-2008, 03:34 PM   #20
Kryton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casablanca
and also saw him hit me first
let me clear up one thing first. throwing the first punch does not mean stuff all in the eyes of the law.
example:
i was driving down the street when a guy walked out onto the road and stood there stopping traffic before he walked off. as i drove past him he punched my car and continued to walk to the other side of the road.
i got out of the car to see WTF was up and he decided to come back and punched me. a fight ensued, i got him a few times before the cops came.
now, who do you think was in the right?
ill tell you this right now, because i got out of my car, I PROVOKED HIM and he was defending himself. thats from the mouth of the LAW.
the fact he punched my car or punched me first meant jack.
i also later found out he was on eccies and had assaulted 2 other people that night.
Old 03-01-2008, 03:36 PM   #21
Casablanca
carburettor

man that sucks but the cops told me becuase there were witnesses and he hit me and i retaliated that it was selfdefence on my part he not only hit me while i was in the car he also hit while out of the car before id even hit him
HSV Team shirt..... $65
Tank of Fuel....$75
Old 03-01-2008, 03:39 PM   #22
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Warrnambool is like that though, they dont want people to stop at all, drive right through is the aim

Violence begets violence, sometime it cannot be helped, other times you use it to your advantage
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2008, 03:41 PM   #23
Kryton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
Warrnambool is like that though, they dont want people to stop at all, drive right through is the aim
Warrnambool's a great place to be......for the 17 minutes it takes to drive through it.
Old 03-01-2008, 03:42 PM   #24
gozza

I would have done the same thing -
Hindsight is exactly that - Its easy for people to say things after an incident has happened, but we don't have "know-it alls" pop out from the trees offering advice on the "perceived" appropriate course of action

I guess at the end of the day regardless of consequences - if you feel you did what you had to do then good work - I go to sleep easy at night knowing i did what needed to be done, and followed through with a personal belief - Not what others dictate to me
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2008, 03:47 PM   #25
T3ts50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The good thing for you is, that the cops sound like there on your side and you story coincides with the ladys. It wont help the other fella out if the cops can tell he is lying to them. Ive seen things like this happen before and usually nothing comes of it.
T3ts50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2008, 04:00 PM   #26
FordACE
Fast Ford to the Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
let me clear up one thing first. throwing the first punch does not mean stuff all in the eyes of the law.
example:
i was driving down the street when a guy walked out onto the road and stood there stopping traffic before he walked off. as i drove past him he punched my car and continued to walk to the other side of the road.
i got out of the car to see WTF was up and he decided to come back and punched me. a fight ensued, i got him a few times before the cops came.
now, who do you think was in the right?
ill tell you this right now, because i got out of my car, I PROVOKED HIM and he was defending himself. thats from the mouth of the LAW.
the fact he punched my car or punched me first meant jack.
i also later found out he was on eccies and had assaulted 2 other people that night.
So in the eyes of the law your saying, him hitting your car wasn't "provocation". Seriously, as if. But for his actions, you would never have got out of the car. YOu need a better lawyer.

Read the case, White v. Conolly (Qld) if you want a better understanding of provocation.
FordACE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2008, 04:00 PM   #27
Casablanca
carburettor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gozza
I would have done the same thing -
Hindsight is exactly that - Its easy for people to say things after an incident has happened, but we don't have "know-it alls" pop out from the trees offering advice on the "perceived" appropriate course of action

I guess at the end of the day regardless of consequences - if you feel you did what you had to do then good work - I go to sleep easy at night knowing i did what needed to be done, and followed through with a personal belief - Not what others dictate to me
exactly right i feel stupid for what i did in hindsight but feel justified for what he did, and the cops are on my side mainly because i told them the truth right down to me threatening him, but i definately would do it again if i could go back purely because i dont think i could stop myself

either way it seems to be all sorted (thank god) and we should have the car masterfully fixed by a bloke who also has quite a few prestige fords so he knows what he's doing.
HSV Team shirt..... $65
Tank of Fuel....$75
Old 03-01-2008, 04:00 PM   #28
AUIIForte

Casablanca, if what you told all us is true, and I mean everything is absolutely TRUE, than don't worry about it, big fella! Just because you are big doesn't mean you get unfairly treated against somebody who is smaller than you. From everything I have read so far (plus experiences Ive been through personally), you will be just fine.
Just say exactly what happened, and if the woman who saw what happens says the same, my friend, you have nothing to worry about. Just hopefully this dick head who crashed into you is insured and able to pay for your uncles car repairs!
AUIIForte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2008, 04:01 PM   #29
FordACE
Fast Ford to the Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUIIForte
Casablanca, if what you told all us is true, and I mean everything is absolutely TRUE, than don't worry about it, big fella! Just because you are big doesn't mean you get unfairly treated against somebody who is smaller than you. From everything I have read so far (plus experiences Ive been through personally), you will be just fine.
Just say exactly what happened, and if the woman who saw what happens says the same, my friend, you have nothing to worry about. Just hopefully this dick head who crashed into you is insured and able to pay for your uncles car repairs!
NOt a truer word spoken
FordACE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2008, 04:03 PM   #30
Casablanca
carburettor

yea as i said i dont lie to cops one thing ive never done even when in the wrong, and yeah now that they have called and told me what the go is im breathing a sigh of relief.

and the repairs are getting started as soon as the blokes insurance pays out.
thanks to all those that offered helpful advice and i think that this will be the last of it.

i think we will garage the fairlane and only bring it out for shows and whatnot.
HSV Team shirt..... $65
Tank of Fuel....$75