Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 14-02-2006, 07:43 PM   #61
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by orsest170
Cheers Matt, how are those photos coming along mate?
Great. Sitting nicely on the camera, will upload soon, problem is I have to edit them to fit them onto here... not too much longer I promise.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:48 AM   #62
lincoln
Blinded

Congrats on placing a deposit Orest170, what are you doing with the ST170?
lincoln is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2006, 11:08 AM   #63
orsest170
WRC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lincoln
Congrats on placing a deposit Orest170, what are you doing with the ST170?
Cheers lincoln. I will sadly have to part with the little blue beast to pay for the XR5. Will be selling it in around 2 months time.

I see you're in London now, how is England treating you, and more importantly, have you test driven an ST yet?
orsest170 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2006, 11:24 AM   #64
lincoln
Blinded

No, not yet. Am up for a company car in around 6 months, will see if it's on our car plan (everything else is) and test one for a weekend. As I have a family now, am also looking at the Volvo S40 too...
lincoln is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2006, 04:19 PM   #65
orsest170
WRC Fanatic

Dealer just rang with the ‘drive away’ price for my XR5…..$39221.
Considering I only paid $35790 (includes $300 for metallic paint) for the car, that means the on road costs came to a whopping $3431. The bulk of it was stamp duty but there was also a rather hefty "dealer delivery charge".

I have never purchased a brand new car before so I had no idea just what dealer delivery charges would entail. Well now I do….. $1550 apparently!!! Does this seem normal i.e. is there a standard fee that all dealers charge on the same model or does it vary? I’m thinking maybe because I got a discount on the price of the car, and some freebies thrown in, that they have really slugged me on the dealer delivery charge?

I guess it could have been worse, but I’m thinking those shadow chrome ROH Modena’s I was considering may be put on hold for a while now….. :(
orsest170 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2006, 05:11 PM   #66
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I personally thought that on roads were generally $1000 dealer delivery (east Coast) and around another $1000 on rego/stamp duty etc.....
At least you got some form of discount on the original purchase price,which has offset the considerable on road component.
Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2006, 06:05 PM   #67
Nappa
Impressive...

dealer delivery can differ from dealer to dealer, for ford it ranges from 1495-1695, plus 4% stamp duty on vehicles above 35K, rego should be round 600 bucks.
Nappa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2006, 11:24 PM   #68
Mick K.

$1500 is pretty reasonable for the dealer's carwash when compared to other hot hatches like VW Golf and Polo GTIs and Renaultsport Megane and Clio which are all typically over the $2K mark.

In Qld stamp is 2% + 650 odd for rego and 3rd party, so $3K is a rough figure for total on roads.

MK
Mick K. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2006, 01:11 AM   #69
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

I dunno about something like the XR5 but when I bought my LX I didnt have to pay for "on-roads". I just paid for the floormats and window tinting which cost me an extra 160 bucks.

Come to think of it... no one in my family has EVER paid for on-roads. We always seem to be able to get the RRP price driveaway.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post