Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-10-2010, 10:37 AM   #1
LukeGT
Melbourne, Victoria

Default Clevo weight and interstate freight

Morning all,

I need to get a clevo from Melb to Sydney, would anyone know approximate weight? Complete long motor no air or steer but with manifolds, pulleys, water pump, carby etc. No gearbox.

Also, which freight company would send this would charging an arm and a leg? Have tried a few online quotes and the prices are rediculous.

XB GT Restoration - http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11281881

LukeGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2010, 10:43 AM   #2
XCwillo
Had Rep of GT-HO. Legit.

Sorry no real answer i just had to point out the name of this thread rhymed very well!
Old 13-10-2010, 12:33 PM   #3
u2canb12
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Organising cruises and keeping the events in the spirit of the forums 
Default Clevo Weight for you mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeGT
Morning all,

I need to get a clevo from Melb to Sydney, would anyone know approximate weight? Complete long motor no air or steer but with manifolds, pulleys, water pump, carby etc. No gearbox.

Also, which freight company would send this would charging an arm and a leg? Have tried a few online quotes and the prices are rediculous.
G'day Luke,

From memory I think its roughly 353.563 KG

Garry

Last edited by u2canb12; 13-10-2010 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Spelling error
u2canb12 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2010, 12:33 PM   #4
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Email sent Luke
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2010, 01:52 PM   #5
LukeGT
Melbourne, Victoria

Thanks guys - appreciated.

George, need to go near Newcastle which is out of range for the contact you gave, so at this stage still looking for a freight co.

XB GT Restoration - http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11281881

LukeGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2010, 04:02 PM   #6
msman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

what ever you do i recommend to at least strap onto pallet bigger than engine or if you can in close in crate
msman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2010, 04:06 PM   #7
adelaidecrows02

Luke, I send engines interstate a few times a week, and have found TNT to be pretty good - maybe because I have a business account with them, but their price is reasonable, especially if you use road express. As msman pointed out, do make sure that the pallet is bigger than the engine.
Old 13-10-2010, 09:14 PM   #8
RAREV8
Previously ScottishXC

Luke, I have used Pack n send for a C4 from Qld....wasn't cheap but they have depots everywhere....I have used them to send XC bumpers to outlying areas in WA too. Always great service so might be worth getting a quote from too.
Btw, I should get them to piggy back the fuel tank you have- no joy getting one for my landau locally

BJ
Gilesie
XAGTCoupe
Pilch
Aussie_afroman
Donut King
Bad Boy Benny
BAWITHLOT
Greenmachine
Pinkbits
CUZ351
OhioXB
Falconunbelievable
4VXC
Uncleraggy

FG G6 Ego, tech pack, Tropic gold 1973 Landau, Cosmic blue 1975 P5 LTD....long term project
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Im just bored of the single/narrow minded...
RAREV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2010, 06:07 PM   #9
mick10010

I just used a company called e-go.com, budget freight sort of thing run by a bigger company (hunter transport group?). Set of wheels on a pallet from a depot in Sydney to a depot in Wagga for $40 and they got them here safe and sound in less than 24 hours. I was VERY impressed with the price and prompt delivery, so ill definitely recommend them.
mick10010 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post