Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-06-2015, 03:50 PM   #1
AAXR8

Question Road Worthy

Hi guys! I have to get a Road worthy! And does any one know if you Don't have Fog lights in an XR Bumper, does that make it un roadworthy?
With the exhaust system, on an XR8 ute how many mufflers are suppose to be on it? Because the ute I just bought has Hi flow cats and Mufflers at the back!
Will that pass? Its just quite enough on idle? When do they say it has to many Decibels? On idle only?
Cheers
, SCT FLASH TUNED, COLD AIR INTAKE WITH K&N HI FLOW POD FILTER , 4:11 DIFF, HERROD THROTTLE BODY. PEDDERS XTREME-XA COILOVERS
!!
247 RWKW

03 BA XR8 UTE WHITE IN COLOR!

Last edited by AAXR8; 02-06-2015 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Mistake
AAXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2015, 09:19 PM   #2
jabtronic
Starter Motor

Default Re: Road Worthy

What state are you in?

Fog lights aren't a requirement for roadworthy, the lexhaust loudness will probably depends on the person doing the inspection, obviously it will also need to be free of rust holes or leaks.
jabtronic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 02-06-2015, 11:38 PM   #3
ZcAmbo

Fog lights are a rwc requirement if they are fitted they must work if there not fitted then obviously they don't need to work as for the exhaust as long as its not too loud then the tester will usually let it go
ZcAmbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2015, 01:39 AM   #4
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

90db max ... from 1m away at 45 degree angle from exhaust exit ... at 3/4 revs of redline.
That's the last I remember the EPA testing in NSW ..... has been a while since i had a loud car.

This includes back-off burble/crackle.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2015, 01:49 AM   #5
Captain Stubing
Looking for clues...
Donating Member3

Having an XR bumper fitted doesn't mean the fog light holes need to have fog lights fitted... assuming you have upgraded the bumper for looks.

2016 Ford Falcon FG/X XR6 Turbo you beaut ute
1985 XR4Ti Sierra - Build Thread
1971 Fairlane 500
and... a collection of Jeep Towpigs
and... two collections of rust and some new plastic bits roughly shaped like an F-Truck
and.... some spare metal bits with holes in them
Captain Stubing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 03-06-2015, 01:57 AM   #6
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

True ... but if there is a foglight switch in place in the car ... and there are no functioning foglights ... and know it is an XR8 and they came standard feature with foglights as well ... it depends on the person doing it really. You may get asked ... you may not.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2015, 08:13 AM   #7
AAXR8

Thanks for the comments. I bought the XR8 ute on the weekend and he said he had hit a roo. So I asked were the fog lights were and he said one was lost when this happened & he said he had one but he could not find it
But he put a new bumper on because of the damage but never got around to putting the lights in or he just did not want to buy any?
Thanks for the help with the exhaust! I think I will be fine if its done from a distance!
, SCT FLASH TUNED, COLD AIR INTAKE WITH K&N HI FLOW POD FILTER , 4:11 DIFF, HERROD THROTTLE BODY. PEDDERS XTREME-XA COILOVERS
!!
247 RWKW

03 BA XR8 UTE WHITE IN COLOR!

AAXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post