Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-12-2010, 06:41 PM   #1
Belky717
Starter Motor

Default Please recommend a nice sounding exhaust for my BA XR8

Good people
I have a 2004 BA XR8 in mint condition, and the only thing I've thought of changing is the exhaust to give a bit more V8 sound. It sounds sweet as it is, but a bit subdued. I'm not after a major lift in performance, pretty happy with it as is, but that extra sound would be nice. I think a lot of people have been in this position with the Boss 260, and I've also heard of some that have ended up with a system that caused them problems with enigne re-tuning. Also, I met a guy in Kempsey who proudly showed off his BA XR8 that had a "twin" system installed (that is, the old dual exhaust style), put special extractors in that required the motor to be lifted - cost him over three grand which seems a lot for the extra 15kW he was boasting about. Anyway, I'm no cheapskate, would be prepared to pay reasonable money (but not over the top!) for something that has known to produce good sound, and with minimal hassles. I'm also a genuine ford fan, have treasured this XR8 since new (the only new car I've ever had!) and we want to keep it as long as possible.
Look forward to any advice.

Belky717 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post