Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 08-07-2009, 11:06 PM   #1
EG30

Default [Perth] Just picked up WS Fiesta zetec sea grey tonight

Hi all, just picked up my sister's sea grey 5 dr zetec auto tonight.

I've been reading up your progresses with the WS fiesta before we finalised on the car. Sent a few pics of the black fiesty to my sister and she made up her mind to go ahead with the zetec; and she decided on sea grey instead of black for easier up keep.

We didn't commit to the car till the third week of June and car arrived few days ago. Quite fortunate to manage to find a dealer with a firm ETA on a car with colour and trans and spec we want without fuss and good discounting as well on a model with unprecedented demand.

Car came with 16" continental tyres instead of the other OE tyre Hankook which was good. I got them to include full tank of fuel and fiesta floor mats in the deal, not sure if it's the base mats or lux mats. Car is complianced July 09 which is great also.

Hope we dont have much issues with rattle and squeaks and electrical gremlins with this WS, so far she already said there is some rubbing/humming sound from the door on the way home from Midway Ford.....

I'll keep you guys posted with our experience with her WS, good or bad.

Hoping to get tinting organised this weekend and Glare paint protection the weekend after.

EG30 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2009, 11:16 PM   #2
Ben85

Congrats mate, Sea Grey is definately the best colour!!! haha. Hope she enjoys the car

Interior:- MOMO Blue Leather Gear Knob, Window tint, Scuff Plates, ST Black & Blue Leather seats, Soundstream Amp & 5x7 speakers, Sony Headunit, Pioneer sub & Amp.

Under the Hood:- Superchips ECU Flash Tune, Denso Iridium plugs, KV85 Magnecor Leads, BMC CDA Induction.

Exterior:- Spoiler, clear side repeaters, Lowered (35mm) King Springs, Whiteline 22mm Rear sway bar, 2" cat back exhaust with a dual conversion, Konig 17" Hotswap with Kumho Rubber, HID's.
Ben85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2009, 11:39 PM   #3
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Nice stuff !

I haven't see the new SG yet.

Do you have any more pics ?
Candyman2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2009, 02:03 AM   #4
EG30

will try to take some pics for you guys with my normal camera when the weather fines up next week, only had my phone camera with me at delivery time.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:47 AM   #5
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's funny, whenever someone picks up their Fiesta, the weather is crap? Coinsidence? Regardless, I'd love to see some good pictures of the Sea Grey. The sister did well mate!
Old 09-07-2009, 09:57 AM   #6
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Awesome stuff, good to see your sister has good taste too. Hope she'll enjoy the car as much as we have.
ANGEL#3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2009, 10:28 AM   #7
JutroXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Congrats, nice little car.

There seems to be a shi+ load of people buying up this new zetec fiesta.....

FGX XR8, Auto, Black.

WG Fiesta ST Manual, Black.
JutroXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2009, 09:33 PM   #8
EG30

Just managed to wash the car after days of rain and took some snaps before it got too dark today.

got the tinting done this weekend also, went for the 28% at the end instead of the 18% we were thinking; and a neutral glare strip as well on the windshield.

Old 12-07-2009, 09:47 PM   #9
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looks good mate. Local dealer have a CL and Zetec out the front, and the Sea Grey looks good even on the CL. Still not sold on the grey dash though, but that's all down to personal opinion!
Old 13-07-2009, 12:54 AM   #10
Rude

Nice ride! i really the colour (same as my sisters) tint those windows and they come up looking real good. Pitty about the auto tho, girls these days are just lazy haha
Rude is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2009, 04:06 AM   #11
EG30

unfortunately my sister only has an auto licence, and even if she did have a manual licence she would refuse to drive a manual day in day out in traffic anyway.

she really likes the handy features such as the bluetooth interface, usb mp3 playback and the info display on top of the dash, and quick responsive steering makes it very easy to park and the brakes are well assisted for her liking also. Her only main gripe is the lack of torque which I did warn her well in advance and she found the acceleration adequate on the test drive a month ago.

She commented the car ( slow-iesta in her words )felt so slow going up semi steep hills she thought cyclists are going to overtake her any minute LOL ( she doesnt like to select lower gears or mash the pedal to kickdown either ). I guess 100Nm less than her previous 1988 BMW E30 325i and only 50kg lighter mated to the same 4 ratio slushbox is really going to be noticeable.

I'll consult with my car stereo installer to see if it's worthwhile upgrading the front speakers with some middle of road Pioneer splits or eqv some time this week.
Old 14-07-2009, 12:57 AM   #12
Rude

Quote:
Originally Posted by EG30
unfortunately my sister only has an auto licence, and even if she did have a manual licence she would refuse to drive a manual day in day out in traffic anyway.

she really likes the handy features such as the bluetooth interface, usb mp3 playback and the info display on top of the dash, and quick responsive steering makes it very easy to park and the brakes are well assisted for her liking also. Her only main gripe is the lack of torque which I did warn her well in advance and she found the acceleration adequate on the test drive a month ago.

She commented the car ( slow-iesta in her words )felt so slow going up semi steep hills she thought cyclists are going to overtake her any minute LOL ( she doesnt like to select lower gears or mash the pedal to kickdown either ). I guess 100Nm less than her previous 1988 BMW E30 325i and only 50kg lighter mated to the same 4 ratio slushbox is really going to be noticeable.

I'll consult with my car stereo installer to see if it's worthwhile upgrading the front speakers with some middle of road Pioneer splits or eqv some time this week.
yeah the auto is a bit slow and battles a bit when going up a hill with 4 ppl in it. Dont know why they put the smaller engine with the auto, makes no sence.
Rude is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2009, 02:04 AM   #13
EG30

yeah car struggle with just her ( 45kg ) in it, wont want to imagine 4 full sized average adults in it with A/C on up a steep hill, prob roll backwards LOL.

not uncommon for cheap euro cars to mate 1.4L engine only to their auto boxes eg the renault clios. Obvs the auto box can only handle up to 120-130nm of torque and no more in the long term.

I guess we cant have everything, the fiesta has a lot of cool features and king dik styling the Jazz and Mazda2 dont have but the Jap small cars has their small engines and auto/CVT boxes down to a fine art for town driveability and fuel economy.

If she finds her fiesta too slow to bear long term she is likely to get the next Polo coming to au early next year with 1.2T petrol engine and DSG box instead.
Old 14-07-2009, 10:03 AM   #14
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Euro take-up of small automatic hatches is (in the case of the Ford Fiesta anyway) about 10%. Of this market, they prefer the engine to be smaller so it fits in a smaller tax bracket. Australia had no real choice, either develop their own or use the 1.4. As Ford US is nearing completion of the new DSG for their Fiesta, it seems likley, just not confirmed, that other markest will adopt this as well in the hope of truly becoming 'One Ford.' If Ford can get their act together, they should be able to have this in the facelifted Fiesta due in about two years.

The Polo is great, but it's expected a decent speced model with a decent powerplant and the DSG will cost an arm, a leg, and half an eye socket. Will be a beaut little car though.
Old 14-07-2009, 05:02 PM   #15
EG30

that's what shits me with the lack of good auto in small-med sizes fords ie fiesta and focus, well and good for Fiat/Alfa, PSA etc to have next to no autos cos they are only mainland Europe market cars but Ford sells good number of cars in Asia, Aust and has factory in China and makes cars for its local market. Hopefully the ford easyshift/dsg would change all that and we dont have to wait much longer.

Polo sure is $$$, what starts with a price tag of $23k + option+ on road could easily turn into $32-35k on road by the time to tick a few ( not all ) tempting options. By that time you might pay another $5k as well get the gti version with many of those options as std fitment.