Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-05-2018, 05:34 AM   #1
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Angry Price of fuel

How does the price of oil going up in Asia (or elsewhere) equate to the price of fuel at the bowser going up overnight in Australia?

Are these thieving bastard fuel companies trying to convince us that a load of fuel has arrived from overseas, been processed and out in a road tanker and delivered to my local fuel supplier in like 12 hours - the thieving bastards.

Why is the Government tolerating such blatant thievery?
Trevor 57 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2018, 05:52 AM   #2
filthypig
Starter Motor

Default Re: Price of fuel

fuel would be cheap if it wasnt taxed so much the government are the ones ripping us off
filthypig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2018, 05:53 AM   #3
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Tax!.
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2018, 07:59 AM   #4
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Gvmt loves the tax, 10% GST on $1.50 per litre is far more attractive that 10% GST on 80c per litre

But that is not the issue, they only get what the bowser price says - the fuel companies set the prices not the Gvmt or ACCCC - they are ripping us off and no-one will do anything

I get it if the price went up within the right time-frame, but to jump prices in under 12 hours is just thievery of the highest order
Old 14-05-2018, 09:39 AM   #5
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

I think you need to brush up on what has been happening with the price of oil and why the PPB (Price Per Barrel) has been going up steeply of late, it's not as simplistic as some oil boss in Houston needs a few extra dollars so put the bowser price up, it's a lot more complicated than that.....

One of the main reasons is Trump's recent crack down on Iran, the world's fifth-biggest oil producer.....

https://www.smh.com.au/business/the-...11-p4zepq.html

http://money.cnn.com/2018/05/08/inve...ons/index.html

.....PPB goes up so does the bowser price....

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
DJR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 14-05-2018, 10:00 AM   #6
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

If you feel aggrieved at the price of fuel now, wait 6 months and see how you feel then.

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 14-05-2018, 10:08 AM   #7
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR-351 View Post
I think you need to brush up on what has been happening with the price of oil and why the PPB (Price Per Barrel) has been going up steeply of late, it's not as simplistic as some oil boss in Houston needs a few extra dollars so put the bowser price up, it's a lot more complicated than that.....

One of the main reasons is Trump's recent crack down on Iran, the world's fifth-biggest oil producer.....

https://www.smh.com.au/business/the-...11-p4zepq.html

http://money.cnn.com/2018/05/08/inve...ons/index.html

.....PPB goes up so does the bowser price....

you are missing my point, my point is how can the price of fuel in the service station storage be subject the price rise, they have already paid for it before the PPB went up - I think you need to read my original post again before going off on a tangent
Old 14-05-2018, 10:23 AM   #8
mike_nofx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I know what you’re asking and yes it sounds like we are being ripped off.

I guess because they are still buying oil today at the inflated price, so they are going to make us pay at the bowser today for previously refined fuel.
You’d hope if things were to ease up in a month and the price of oil drops, so too does the bowser price, even if we’re then buying the oil which was purchased when oil was more expensive.

Well that’s the optimistic theory anyway.
mike_nofx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2018, 11:02 AM   #9
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lever T View Post
you are missing my point, my point is how can the price of fuel in the service station storage be subject the price rise, they have already paid for it before the PPB went up - I think you need to read my original post again before going off on a tangent
Lol no tangent here, but i do think you need to understand a bit more on why the price can fluctuate in such a short time, it's got absolutely nothing to do with what they may or may not have paid for what is already in storage, it is a commodity......

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
DJR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2018, 11:22 AM   #10
twodogs 260

Yes they are taking the P I 55 when it comes to pricing , but the only way to get back at them by using the fuelwatch website and understanding the price cycle that the mongrels use and fill up on the cheap day as apposed to when it's more expensive , for me here in perth wa Friday is a cheap day and if you time it right and can do it before 6 am monday morning the you save heaps , because after that 6 am the price will jump and depending what the oil prices are it can go up by as much as 30 c per litre , got fuel at 1.26 a litre the other week and driving past that exact servo 3 hrs later it had gone to 1.51 a litre . Gone are the days when the fuel in the storage tanks was sold at the price that reflected what they paid etc , they are all out for every cent they can get . Just remember out of 1.50 a litre price the actual servo is only making about 5 cents per litre the rest is taxes and gst etc etc .
twodogs 260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2018, 11:42 AM   #11
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Haven’t used petrol in 4 months. Over it. Pocketing over $100 a week by running LPG and happily funding my bad car habits instead of terrorism and third world holes.
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 14-05-2018, 04:54 PM   #12
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
The Gvmt loves the tax, 10% GST on $1.50 per litre is far more attractive that 10% GST on 80c per litre

But that is not the issue, they only get what the bowser price says - the fuel companies set the prices not the Gvmt or ACCCC - they are ripping us off and no-one will do anything

I get it if the price went up within the right time-frame, but to jump prices in under 12 hours is just thievery of the highest order
just for info TAX is at 47% federal + state 3% + 10% GST
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2018, 05:03 PM   #13
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Government doesn't want cheap petrol, cause the more expensive it is the more GST they get.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2018, 06:18 PM   #14
leesa

Quote:
Why is the Government tolerating such blatant thievery?
Because the government isn't out to protect the citizens. Fuel provides a nice little money earner with little effort - just like the housing marking with its inflated prices, which the government is also supporting. The 'haves' dance and cheer about how great it is that they're earning so much money from the 'have nots', who are driven further into despair.

If you're the owner of an investment property then that's exactly what you're doing to others who just want to buy a house to live in, and what you're feeling now about fuel is what others are feeling about not being able to buy a home for themselves.

Enjoy it, that's what life is like now.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2018, 06:26 PM   #15
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

I chose a good time to buy a 4 cylinder car.
Junkyard-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post