Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-07-2013, 06:32 PM   #1
stace650

Default A funny thing happened at he petrol station

I was filling up the GT at the servo when a guy in a modern-era Rover wagon pulled up. He proceeded to use the windscreen squeegee thing to scrub down his paintwork over the bonnet and front guards before hopping and driving off. The car wasn't even dirty to start with.

I mentioned it to the cashier. He laughed and said they had a regular guy turn up about once a week to use the squeegee and water to wash and scrub his whole car. Once a week! And the dude never buys petrol.

It takes all sorts I guess. And I can't imagine how bad it is for the paint!

'63 Mercury Meteor
Long and slow
stace650 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 03-07-2013, 08:00 PM   #2
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Re: A funny thing happened at he petrol station

I filled up at station yesterday that had an entry and exit between 2 streets. The diesel pump is in this path. I entered from the 3rd driveway and mumbled under my breath how a landcruiser cut in to beat me to the pump. Stopped there for 3 seconds then drove off. He did this so that if a cop pulled him up for using the petrol station short cut perhaps they can say they intended to buy but looked at the price and changed their mind (I assume).

In the time I was there 12 cars took the short cut, whizzing past me quite fast...

The attendant told me his thoughts on these people and I can't repeat here. Hundreds of cars must do this daily....

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2013, 08:15 PM   #3
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I work at a servo at the Gabba and it is a regular occurrence people washing their entire car with the squeegee. The taxi drivers even do their wheels.
There are quite often some big arguments that happen due to it all and people come in having a go at us staff because we don't stop them. Seriously I don't know how people would like us to stop this from happening all I can suggest is that if you like your car at all don't use service station water and squeegee's to do your windscreens.

We also have people cutting through because it is less risk being done for doing a u-turn if they go into our forecourt than just simply doing the u-turn on the road.
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2013, 08:23 PM   #4
BennyH

I hope the range rover was black

2010 XR6 Ute Nitro Blue Bluepower XCAL3 tune,
Di Filippo headers + high flow cat, X Force stainless cat back,20% Powerbond underdrive,
Growler CAI, Herrod lowered suspension package,
19'' Dark Argents w/ 36mm rear spacers, DBA T2 slotted rotors, Pursuit Side Skirts, EGR Under Spoiler
BennyH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 03-07-2013, 09:11 PM   #5
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What a tight ****. Squeegees are less that $10.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 03-07-2013, 10:49 PM   #6
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've seen this too. Two guys cleaning an entire car with squeegees at the pumps. No rush, just taking their time not giving a toss about anyone else. The servo joined onto a car wash too.
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2013, 10:20 AM   #7
davenl5l
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stace650 View Post
I was filling up the GT at the servo when a guy in a modern-era Rover wagon pulled up. He proceeded to use the windscreen squeegee thing to scrub down his paintwork over the bonnet and front guards before hopping and driving off. The car wasn't even dirty to start with.

I mentioned it to the cashier. He laughed and said they had a regular guy turn up about once a week to use the squeegee and water to wash and scrub his whole car. Once a week! And the dude never buys petrol.

It takes all sorts I guess. And I can't imagine how bad it is for the paint!
if he only did the front he might have got splashed with something nasty
Old 04-07-2013, 10:24 AM   #8
Alan D Segal
Call me 'Al'

Location: On a flattened-out cardboard box out the back behind the wheelie bins.
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Good contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked View Post
What a tight ****. Squeegees are less that $10.
But car wash is ~$10 too. And you have to pay for water at your own place. You won't reason with someone that tight mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by davenl5l View Post
if he only did the front he might have got splashed with something nasty
Waits for the beige to regale us with a story about some rubbish like he got hassled by some yuppie so he took a poop in a slurpee cup and threw it through their porsche's window...
Alan D Segal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2013, 10:58 AM   #9
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I seen this a few weeks back but thought it was a once off, it was at a servo at Broken hill.

did his windscreen then went over the whole front of the car.....wouldn't like to see the after math of that. god knows what is in the buckets.

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2013, 11:05 AM   #10
QLD-Bluey
True Blue

Another thing that I see at petrol stations that make me shake my head is people who pull up at the bowser, get out and walk into the shop to get something. They dont get any fuel. Then they casually stroll out and jump back into the car and drive off like its nothing. I have even seen this happen when the place is packed and cars are lined up to get fuel. Just makes me wonder what some people are thinking sometimes!!!
QLD-Bluey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2013, 11:11 AM   #11
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has been consistently providing good technical advice etc. to AFF members, by having the vast technical knowledge he has with the various Ford products. A valuable AFF member 

We've got a guy that is so tight he steals water from work.
His granddaughter was having a birthday party so he brought in some 10 litre water containers and filled them up to make it look like he'd bought drinking water.
He also steals rags, oil, soap, masking tape and anything else that isn't bolted down.
Top_Ghia is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2013, 01:28 PM   #12
Gassy

I must admit - I have used the foam part of the squeegee (bloody hell i had to check how to spell that) to remove stubborn bird poop from my car. I did buy petrol though.. - Guilty as charged
Gassy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2013, 01:55 PM   #13
Terror_Tree
SZ II TS Territory-Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by QLD-Bluey View Post
Another thing that I see at petrol stations that make me shake my head is people who pull up at the bowser, get out and walk into the shop to get something. They dont get any fuel. Then they casually stroll out and jump back into the car and drive off like its nothing. I have even seen this happen when the place is packed and cars are lined up to get fuel. Just makes me wonder what some people are thinking sometimes!!!
I really hate that too. The other one that annoys me is, at my local BP there is huge yellow letters on the ground near the entrance to the shop that says NO PARKING. There always seems to be some dumbarse who parks there. They have even tried putting witches hats there, but I have seen people get out of their car to move the witches hat to park their car there!

FWD is the Devils work
Terror_Tree is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post