Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-04-2008, 07:15 PM   #61
TSERIES
THE WORLD IS FORDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex
My bad, see you have brought the HSV.

Must be good to tell others how big your dlck is.

I buy for more than pwr, it's called the overall package.
exactly hsv offer a much better overall package

bigger n better brakes
bigger n better rear rubber for better handling and traction
obviuosly a more powerful engine package
these are facts

if ur talkin cosmetics such as which has better seats dash colours there all matters of opinion

i would like to think people buys these cars for there prefomance ? thats what they are arent they ? hsv has it hands down v8 vs v8
once again hsv has quashed any attempt fpv may have thought they had the upper hand in the v8 range with the realese of the new 6.2l engine ....

love my fords but call it as i see it .
TSERIES is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2008, 07:15 PM   #62
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xw gtho phase 2
talking crap or are u a fpv insider ?
He is guessing, same as everyone else in this thread who has a hissy fit without even knowing what Ford have to offer in the FG GT. :

Until FPV confirm the details these threads are pointless.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2008, 07:19 PM   #63
TSERIES
THE WORLD IS FORDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by edda bah
Cast iron block,alloy heads on the boss.

is that a good thing ? dosent alloy and cast iron have different expansion cooling/ heating rates not sayin its a bad thing but is it a plus ?

cheers
Old 01-04-2008, 07:42 PM   #64
irlewy86
Meep Meep

Quote:

bigger n better brakes
these are facts

if ur talkin cosmetics such as which has better seats dash colours there all matters of opinion

i would like to think people buys these cars for there prefomance ? thats what they are arent they ? hsv has it hands down v8 vs v8
once again hsv has quashed any attempt fpv may have thought they had the upper hand in the v8 range with the realese of the new 6.2l engine ....

Your right HSV is a great package, except the gear box aint that flash, the interior ergonomics were designed by a 16th century torture expert.

And it definately feels the faster, but that has more to do with the A pillar being so wide even 60km/h is a scary ride.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:47 PM   #65
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

Quote:

bigger n better brakes
these are facts

Like you - Ive driven 'em all, 260, 270, 290, 302, 307, plus a few others from blue and red.

And as Ive already stated, my decision went to a the paltry 302 due to the vehicle it was packaged in being a nicer thing to live with day to day, easier on the eye, and providing 'enough' performance stock. D1ck size was not a factor, and I actually get some satisfaction from being given crap from turds at servos about my choice of car. Crap hanging types (generally) will never own the real thing. True enthusiasts, those with a level of maturity beyond your average 18 YO, actually appreciate all cars, and don't hang crap based on their percieved 'value' in a number. I know I like the HSV vehicles, and the SS's, and I tell owners of them that!

I would never argue that the drool factor from bogans is hands down won by HSV, but the thing looks contrived, has ordinary interior, rides harsh, and sounds, well, not like a BOSS. All personal opinions, but I think they count as I actually PAID for a similar vehicle. I'm not one of the 99% with an opinion based on what they's do, if they'd had the money...... this not directed at you, 'because you too have made a personal choice on where to spend some serious coin.....

But did you really buy due to it (HSV) having a declared 307, instead of 290, or 302, or whatever???

Do you drive around the street utilising the full 307? If you track the thing, is a second a lap really worth bagging another ''''slower'''' product....

All I'm saying is, the numbers are purely theoretical in day to day. Christ sakes, 300kw cars hammer, and to all the 'experts' driving their HSV, or FPV's in 'training' (Taxis with a set of alloys) get the frig over it. If FPV, Ford or whomever is below your standards, your expectations, due to having a few percent less power, go hang out, and be opinionated on another forum dedicated to worshipping an IMPORTED crate motored car. Nothing wrong with that, just stop bagging something that in reallity means didly friggin squat.

To those that reckon that 1/2 a second (one car length) to a hundred clicks on the drag strip means they have the ultimate performance, well sorry, I stand by what I said way back. Grow up!

Sorry if Ive offended anyone, I'm just soooooo sick of this D1ck size comparison that goes on and on and on...........

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2008, 07:58 PM   #66
TSERIES
THE WORLD IS FORDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by irlewy86
Your right HSV is a great package, except the gear box aint that flash, the interior ergonomics were designed by a 16th century torture expert.

And it definately feels the faster, but that has more to do with the A pillar being so wide even 60km/h is a scary ride.

yes ur correct on one point gearbox aint flash
Old 01-04-2008, 08:11 PM   #67
TSERIES
THE WORLD IS FORDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex
Like you - Ive driven 'em all, 260, 270, 290, 302, 307, plus a few others from blue and red.

And as Ive already stated, my decision went to a the paltry 302 due to the vehicle it was packaged in being a nicer thing to live with day to day, easier on the eye, and providing 'enough' performance stock. D1ck size was not a factor, and I actually get some satisfaction from being given crap from turds at servos about my choice of car. Crap hanging types (generally) will never own the real thing. True enthusiasts, those with a level of maturity beyond your average 18 YO, actually appreciate all cars, and don't hang crap based on their percieved 'value' in a number. I know I like the HSV vehicles, and the SS's, and I tell owners of them that!

I would never argue that the drool factor from bogans is hands down won by HSV, but the thing looks contrived, has ordinary interior, rides harsh, and sounds, well, not like a BOSS. All personal opinions, but I think they count as I actually PAID for a similar vehicle. I'm not one of the 99% with an opinion based on what they's do, if they'd had the money...... this not directed at you, 'because you too have made a personal choice on where to spend some serious coin.....

But did you really buy due to it (HSV) having a declared 307, instead of 290, or 302, or whatever???

Do you drive around the street utilising the full 307? If you track the thing, is a second a lap really worth bagging another ''''slower'''' product....

All I'm saying is, the numbers are purely theoretical in day to day. Christ sakes, 300kw cars hammer, and to all the 'experts' driving their HSV, or FPV's in 'training' (Taxis with a set of alloys) get the frig over it. If FPV, Ford or whomever is below your standards, your expectations, due to having a few percent less power, go hang out, and be opinionated on another forum dedicated to worshipping an IMPORTED crate motored car. Nothing wrong with that, just stop bagging something that in reallity means didly friggin squat.

To those that reckon that 1/2 a second (one car length) to a hundred clicks on the drag strip means they have the ultimate performance, well sorry, I stand by what I said way back. Grow up!

Sorry if Ive offended anyone, I'm just soooooo sick of this D1ck size comparison that goes on and on and on...........

appreciate ur point of view

i bought my car not on kw alone ....
i bought it cause overall it is a better prefomance car the brakes are outstanding 365 mm fronts ap racing calipers ....
19x9.5 rear rims 275 inch tyres think about the brakes and the size of the rubber alone in a prefomance aspect if both cars had the same kw its obvious which one would preform better ....
there was alot of little things that made the hsv IMO the better car
as for trims colours looks etc thats all to the indvidual on mechanics and engineer would point out the obvious the hsv is the better prefomance vechicle

i did not start this thread to pot stir BUT isnt it getting a bit boring how hsv puts fpv to shame in the preformance stakes and the lenghts they will go to to provide its customers in your words the "bigger dik"

as i said luv fords with a passion but also completley luv hsv 's innovations and way of thinking ......if i was to buy another fpv it would be hands down the f6 ....but as falcon coupe has pointed out and others lets wait and see what fpv realses i suspect there will be some sour grapes for the ford camp .
Old 01-04-2008, 08:13 PM   #68
Deadman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If FPV had 3kw extra, we'd be hearing about how superior it is. If it has 3kw less, we hear about how it doesn't matter. Either way there's always going to be a Pro-FPV angle. It's the exact same attitude (ok, but reversed) they'd take over at the LS1 forums.

If straight V8 performance really matters that much (and you have to keep it stock) buy a HSV. The FG might be the first FPV V8 to take it to HSV since the first BA in 2002/2003, but I doubt it. I don't ever think HSV will let FPV stay in front on kw figures or quarter mile times (for long anyway). FPV never seem to care either. Time will tell.

If you want a fast FPV, buy an F6.
Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2008, 08:30 PM   #69
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

Quote:
appreciate ur point of view

i bought my car not on kw alone ....
i bought it cause overall it is a better prefomance car the brakes are outstanding 365 mm fronts ap racing calipers ....
19x9.5 rear rims 275 inch tyres think about the brakes and the size of the rubber alone in a prefomance aspect if both cars had the same kw its obvious which one would preform better ....
there was alot of little things that made the hsv IMO the better car
as for trims colours looks etc thats all to the indvidual on mechanics and engineer would point out the obvious the hsv is the better prefomance vechicle

i did not start this thread to pot stir BUT isnt it getting a bit boring how hsv puts fpv to shame in the preformance stakes and the lenghts they will go to to provide its customers in your words the "bigger dik"

as i said luv fords with a passion but also completley luv hsv 's innovations and way of thinking ......if i was to buy another fpv it would be hands down the f6 ....but as falcon coupe has pointed out and others lets wait and see what fpv realses i suspect there will be some sour grapes for the ford camp .

OK, fair comments from you, and glad we (you and I) don't let things get out of hand in this thread. I believe you have purchased a Tough looking vehicle (bad *** Maloo), except for the tail gate. What colour may I ask?

Maybe I'm just thick skinned, but I see absolutely no reason for sour grapes.

And as far as racing the 307 from the lights - you've hit the nail right on the head......... HSV driver generally would be up for this, FPV driver would most likely laugh and watch them lose their licence. People can read into this whatever they like.....

I'm no poof driving nancy boy, but I leave the grand pre for the track -

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2008, 08:49 PM   #70
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
More power and another capacity increase, how surprising.
Actually sarcasm aside, I am surprised. There has been an increase in capacity but a drop in specific power and torque... I think with FG, HSV will need that 7.0 more than anything.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:57 PM   #71
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

When the flag drops the bullsh*t stops.

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/

Last edited by Falcon Coupe; 02-04-2008 at 05:06 PM.
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2008, 09:57 PM   #72
McobraR
me may my mo

The thing i find funny is that the reason why torque remains the same is because this billion dollar baby's drivetrain has reached its limits . and the 80-90% new falcon will handle more torque.
McobraR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2008, 10:15 PM   #73
SNB05T
Dan Brown Photography

honestly,who really gives a rats RS if hsv has the 317kw. seriously if i wanted a 317kw which in on road figures is more closer to 260rwkw mark, then i would've bought a hsv but i didn't.

if a guy/girl whatever pulled up beside me at the lights in a 317kw hsv and wanted to race me do you think id care? no, i value my licence too much to loose it trying to increase their already bulging ego.

im not a one eyed brand supporter, when i see a car whatever brand, ford, holden, lencer evo whatever, if the owner is proud of their car and respects it then i respect them and thier car.

if they act like a tool, then they're no different to the other tools that are ruining the image of the genuine car enthusiasts like myself.

it might sound a bit over the top, but we all have the same passion, don't put sh$t on the ford loyals because we own a so called inferior product. :
SNB05T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2008, 10:26 PM   #74
Wally
XP Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by McobraR
The thing i find funny is that the reason why torque remains the same is because this billion dollar baby's drivetrain has reached its limits . and the 80-90% new falcon will handle more torque.

GM 6L80E maximum gearbox torque 900Nm.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2008, 11:23 PM   #75
ea90gl
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

To all these people that never line another person up because they value thier car or dont want to lose thier licence etc etc are you all serious? You have never done this before? This is normal to many of us and many people do it within reason. Provided you dont light up the rears 100m down the road and drag to 160km/h in a built up area theres nothing wrong at all. With all due respect why would anyone buy a 300KW V8 if they dont intend to use it? Why not just buy a little Corolla or something?
ea90gl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2008, 11:27 PM   #76
McobraR
me may my mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
hmmm then i wonder what it is, i think it was one of the holden engineers that said 550nm was to keep drivetrain durability or some crap.
McobraR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2008, 11:36 PM   #77
5.4 GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
So why has it cr*pped its guts in our new Holden with only 530Nm?
2011 Audi A4 2.7 TDI - gone
2012 Audi A5 3.0 Quattro Coupe - gone
2007 FPV GT - gone
1996 EFII Fairmont Ghia - gone
5.4 GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2008, 12:34 AM   #78
Wally
XP Coupe

I'm sure that is really a rhetorical statement, but I don't know. I don't know why people have reported failures on previous models either because I've never had a problem with drivetrains and I'm one of those that actually buys new powerful cars and have done so for more than 30 years.

But then I buy them for the effortless drive, not for circle work or traffic light sprints. If I wanted to do that I'd buy a Corolla.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:36 AM   #79
Wally
XP Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by McobraR
hmmm then i wonder what it is, i think it was one of the holden engineers that said 550nm was to keep drivetrain durability or some crap.
You know a Holden engineer? Perhaps he was talking about torque convertor capacity?
Old 02-04-2008, 01:07 AM   #80
gtfpv
GT

i call a spade a spade i think. and i can give multiple reasons why FPV v8's keep up with holdens .
one, experiance. i wont go into it , but i can tell you there is nothing in it.
two, i have had my car on a dyno in the same 10 minutes as 2 hsv 297 kw. vehicles . my GT PULLED 35 rwkw's MORE THAN BOTH OF THEM .
THREE, I've seen the times at the strip.
four. i've seen the brute utes , both on the front line take off at the same time . BOSS 260 versus ls2 270 , and the boss 260 had longer legs in every gear, the commodore was changing gears before the ford , this is from a higher revving holden . i was flabbergasted and changed my thinking that the 6 litre v8 is better , right there and then .
not taking anything off holden , because i love big v8's and i think the maloo has the looks over a pursuit . and i always think holden has better brakes and wheels before ford ever do. but performance wise they are neck and neck , and that's a fact. another fact is the f6 is marginally better performance wise than both of them , not miles ahead , but marginal.
that is what i see , anything else to me is just BS.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2008, 01:15 AM   #81
FlipXW
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
i call a spade a spade i think. and i can give multiple reasons why FPV v8's keep up with holdens .
one, experiance. i wont go into it , but i can tell you there is nothing in it.
two, i have had my car on a dyno in the same 10 minutes as 2 hsv 297 kw. vehicles . my GT PULLED 35 rwkw's MORE THAN BOTH OF THEM .
THREE, I've seen the times at the strip.
four. i've seen the brute utes , both on the front line take off at the same time . BOSS 260 versus ls2 270 , and the boss 260 had longer legs in every gear, the commodore was changing gears before the ford , this is from a higher revving holden . i was flabbergasted and changed my thinking that the 6 litre v8 is better , right there and then .
not taking anything off holden , because i love big v8's and i think the maloo has the looks over a pursuit . and i always think holden has better brakes and wheels before ford ever do. but performance wise they are neck and neck , and that's a fact. another fact is the f6 is marginally better performance wise than both of them , not miles ahead , but marginal.
that is what i see , anything else to me is just BS.
While they run the correct engines 5.4 vs 6.0 litre the brutes are tuned to be equal (about 250rwkw). There is a whole thread on it, which if memory serves me correct you started? So that part of your argument isn't really relevent. Good class though very enjoyable to watch.
FlipXW is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2008, 01:22 AM   #82
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
hsv have announced ls3 engine 6.2 , 317 kw will be in all hsv models as of april .....whats fpv doing dragging there feet ? have we been givin the kw for the gt model yet from fpv ? i know rumour is 315 but has this been confirmed by fpv ?
i dont think Ford are dragging their feet at all , it seems to me they have done a pretty good job at giving red teem a good run for their money and i suspect with a lesser budget, a few KW`s either way who cares they are excellent performance sedans............from red teem as well.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2008, 01:25 AM   #83
Rock ape

Ok has anyone seen a VE SS or HSV on the drag strip? What time did it run NO BS? and stock

New FG XR6T ZF
Rock ape is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2008, 01:56 AM   #84
Bent8
Long live the GT !

Good on HSV for upping the ante and the capacity of their pushrod V8......again!

317kW is impressive power (for HSV anyway ) but how on earth did HSV limit torque to 550Nm?...and to top it all off, that peak comes in @4600rpm! (instead of 4400rpm in the LS2)

Another thing worth mentioning is the manual VE HSV's have a 3.7 diff ratio (3.27 for the auto's) compared to the GT's 2.73 rear end...this means the engine is kept in the sweet spot more often, add the extra capacity of 6.0L (now 6.2L) plus it being slightly lighter than a BF GT (1829 vs 1855kg) and you end up with a car that will be faster.

Plus let's not forget the GT is a Grand Tourer, not a race car so FPV never intended it to be lightning fast, if you want fast, buy an F6 and show that cashed-up bogan in his GTS why having 550Nm@2000rpm means everything in terms of speed.

By the way, does anyone else think FPV intentionally made the F6 faster than the GT's to improve sales?...eg what would be the point in buying a Turbocharged Falcon if it's V8 brother was faster and sounded way better in the process....

Although I would never advocate street racing in built up areas, I'll admit I have taken on a VE HSV (6sp auto) up to the speed limit (110kph) and am glad to say I did edge him by a bonnet length in my 4 year old mildly modified XR8 with the good ol' 4sp BTR!

Power figures and testosterone aside fellas, when anyone listens to a BOSS motor they are left breathtaken by it's glorious heavenly V8 symphony, but when someone listen's to an LS2/3 engine, they say "just another ordinary sounding V8" :

That is what makes the Ford's the better product for me, the noise!! :

"Whatya think of me car, XR Falcon, 351 Blown Cleveland running Motec injection and runnin' on methanol... goes pretty hard too, got heaps of torque for chucking burnouts, IT'S UNREAL !!" - Poida
Bent8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2008, 02:02 AM   #85
CAT600
I miss my wheelbarrow
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out fellow AFF members... Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Daniels knowledge of modular engines and superchargers is extremely valuable to the AFF community. I have learnt quite a bit just reading his build threads. His contributions are often utilised by other members. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnews
I would rather have the 7 litre dry sump mill with 370kw and monster torque everywhere. And at the same weight and physical dimensions of the current HSV donk... A bulkier, heavier but smaller capacity engine doesn't make smart engineering in my book.
Hey! That's my argument, get your own......

ssshhhh, I can hear Steffo and 4Vman coming this way.... RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!

Daniel
CAT600 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2008, 02:05 AM   #86
TSERIES
THE WORLD IS FORDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bent8
Good on HSV for upping the ante and the capacity of their pushrod V8......again!

317kW is impressive power (for HSV anyway ) but how on earth did HSV limit torque to 550Nm?...and to top it all off, that peak comes in @4600rpm! (instead of 4400rpm in the LS2)

Another thing worth mentioning is the manual VE HSV's have a 3.7 diff ratio (3.27 for the auto's) compared to the GT's 2.73 rear end...this means the engine is kept in the sweet spot more often, add the extra capacity of 6.0L (now 6.2L) plus it being slightly lighter than a BF GT (1829 vs 1855kg) and you end up with a car that will be faster.

Plus let's not forget the GT is a Grand Tourer, not a race car so FPV never intended it to be lightning fast, if you want fast, buy an F6 and show that cashed-up bogan in his GTS why having 550Nm@2000rpm means everything in terms of speed.

By the way, does anyone else think FPV intentionally made the F6 faster than the GT's to improve sales?...eg what would be the point in buying a Turbocharged Falcon if it's V8 brother was faster and sounded way better in the process....

Although I would never advocate street racing in built up areas, I'll admit I have taken on a VE HSV (6sp auto) up to the speed limit (110kph) and am glad to say I did edge him by a bonnet length in my 4 year old mildly modified XR8 with the good ol' 4sp BTR!

Power figures and testosterone aside fellas, when anyone listens to a BOSS motor they are left breathtaken by it's glorious heavenly V8 symphony, but when someone listen's to an LS2/3 engine, they say "just another ordinary sounding V8" :

That is what makes the Ford's the better product for me, the noise!! :

i think u will find those figures a gross understatement by HSV they dont add up do they ?

not dissproving your story in regards to xr8 vs ve hsv .......i have got a best time out of my ve r8 of 13.0 completley stock full tank of juice ....have seen bog stock f6 typhoons in this region bf gt's best ive seen completley bog stock 13.8 ....alot of owners do bragg there times are quicker but are not honest about the car being COMPLETLEY STOCK no mods at all !!!

cheers
Old 02-04-2008, 02:16 AM   #87
Bent8
Long live the GT !

Quote:

i think u will find those figures a gross understatement by HSV they dont add up do they ?

not dissproving your story in regards to xr8 vs ve hsv .......i have got a best time out of my ve r8 of 13.0 completley stock full tank of juice ....have seen bog stock f6 typhoons in this region bf gt's best ive seen completley bog stock 13.8 ....alot of owners do bragg there times are quicker but are not honest about the car being COMPLETLEY STOCK no mods at all !!!

cheers
It just doesn't add up at all...

I'm guessing that's a manual R8 you have?...impressive time nonetheless mate. I really do agree that it's the torque that get's you off the line fast, and the power that give's you the better topend speed...something the HSV's have in spades.

"Whatya think of me car, XR Falcon, 351 Blown Cleveland running Motec injection and runnin' on methanol... goes pretty hard too, got heaps of torque for chucking burnouts, IT'S UNREAL !!" - Poida
Old 02-04-2008, 02:20 AM   #88
Bent8
Long live the GT !

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT600
Hey! That's my argument, get your own......

ssshhhh, I can hear Steffo and 4Vman coming this way.... RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!

Daniel
Really!?.....I better go double-check that I got all my figures right!

Old 02-04-2008, 08:29 AM   #89
CADSKY
'01 AU11 XR8 UTE

Quote:
hsv have announced ls3 engine 6.2 , 317 kw will be in all hsv models as of april .....whats fpv doing dragging there feet ? have we been givin the kw for the gt model yet from fpv ? i know rumour is 315 but has this been confirmed by fpv ?
lol. who wants to buy a bigger engine that weigh's more and uses more fuel for 317KW??? fords 5.4's are gonna own this thing!!

CURRENT
'01 AU2 XR8 UTE - 5 SPEED MANUAL.
MUCH WORK TO DO.

PREVIOUS
'07 BF MK11 XR6 - 6 SPEED AUTO
'95 EF XR6 - 5 SPEED MANUAL

See my car HERE
CADSKY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2008, 09:02 AM   #90
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by PURSUIT-250
Who is the one not thinking straight?
A 6.2l compared to a 5.4l
C'mon mate.

Gm's ls3 is a little bit better, but not that far ahead.
What are you on about? The size of the motor isn't what matters here.
The fact is the HSV's have owned any V8 from Ford for a bloody long time (T3 offered a decent fight though) on the track and off the track. FACT!!
The Ford V8 is essentially a truck motor that takes too many revs to do anything but has a low rev limit, so by the time the fun starts, the limiter comes in.
Wretched is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post