Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 08-07-2011, 10:45 PM   #1
trento
Audiophile

Default trento's Fez Going up For Sale.

Hi all just a head's up that my Fez is going up for sale this week. I will post the link to the Carsales ad and thread in For Sale Section once I figure out how much it owes me and what I think it's worth (opinions?)

I am abandoning the mighty Blue Oval (for the time being... I will own an XC!!! I WILL!!!!) For a 2008 Honda Accord Vti LUXURY in Crystal Black.

Any opinions on asking price would be appreciated (it has 61xxxkms) mods as per sig.

ZOOM ZOOM: 2009 Mazda 3 MPS (2nd gen) 256bhp through the front wheels... hello torque steer!!!
trento is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2011, 03:01 AM   #2
vhcbm
having Fiesta withdrawals

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Ford couldn't fix my BlueTooth issue. This member posted a download link, with instruction, on how to do it myself. One week on, the unit hasn't played up once. Three different dealers told me to virtually 'Live with it. 
Default Re: trento's Fez Going up For Sale.

15k, People may stay away from the mods though if they aren't car savvy.

Past: 2009 Ford Fiesta LX in Vision Blue - Sold
vhcbm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2011, 07:34 AM   #3
trento
Audiophile

I was thinking about that. Might pull the stereo from it.

ZOOM ZOOM: 2009 Mazda 3 MPS (2nd gen) 256bhp through the front wheels... hello torque steer!!!
Old 09-07-2011, 11:23 AM   #4
Fiesta God
Ford Fiesta

Up to you re: the stereo but I would leave it in there unless you want to fit it to your new car ...

I reckon $15,000 is a fair price. Looking on carsales, the cheapest '09 build CL is around $12k and the stereo and wheels would add at least a couple of thousand to the value of yours.

IMO I would start it at $15k and see what interest you get ...
Fiesta God is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2011, 11:40 AM   #5
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

Start at $15K.

Remove the stereo - it doesn't add any value. If anything it will discourage some buyers as they may stereotype you as a doof doof driver.

Remove the neons as well. Get it detailed, engine degreased, and then take some decent photos in a good location: shopping centre capark at night (if you have the camera for it) or in the parking area of your local park when it's empty. I use the boatramp at Sylvania Waters for all my pics. Visuals will set your car apart from everyone else who can't be bothered and just will take a pic in their driveway.

Good luck
Fiesta_Man69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2011, 11:45 AM   #6
trento
Audiophile

Cheers for the advice, the neon's are already gone and I figured some people would be discouraged by the amount of room the stereo takes up. Got a quote of $100 for a full detail and the engine was steam cleaned at the last service (last week.) As for photo's I was hoping I could use Steve's?

Also got a price for the Fez from a wholesaler, reckons he could only give me 5-6000 because he couldn't sell it for a dollar over 9,000. ******

Old 09-07-2011, 01:51 PM   #7
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

The wholesaler is lying.

His job is to make max $ from you.

Selling private will always get you the most $.

Patience is the key.
Fiesta_Man69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2011, 06:19 PM   #8
trento
Audiophile

Mmmmm I'm aware that wholesalers are spinning me bs, just thought i'd see what they could give me (BTW the stars are a word starting with W and rhyming with banker)

Old 09-07-2011, 09:23 PM   #9
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why the accord? Ie always wanted one or it just came up right place right time?
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2011, 01:22 PM   #10
trento
Audiophile

came up right place right time, I'm getting a bit sick of the limitations of having a small hatch. Took it for a test drive yesterday and was pleasantly surprised. The 2.4L iVTEC is a gutsy 4pot and very nice through the sequential flappy paddle 5 speed. Guy wasn't very negotiable on price but we'll have to wait and see.

Old 10-07-2011, 01:43 PM   #11
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

If you want an Accord, look for the V6 Luxury verson, much better. Very nice car.

Just be weary that Honda needs valve clearances done every 40,000km service intervals (major service every 40,000km) because they use the old school tappets rather than hydraulic lifters like everyone else. Also that fuel filters are in the fuel tank, which needs replacing in 80,000km intervals.

Spares prices are also rediculous for Honda, oil filters $15, interior light $19 etc.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2011, 01:46 PM   #12
vhcbm

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Ford couldn't fix my BlueTooth issue. This member posted a download link, with instruction, on how to do it myself. One week on, the unit hasn't played up once. Three different dealers told me to virtually 'Live with it. 

I must ask Trent, where did you get the S2000 Grill

Old 10-07-2011, 03:58 PM   #13
trento
Audiophile

I would love a V6 but just can't stretch the bank that far. Spoke to the guy today and he's not willing to negotiate on price so I'm going to let it go for a while, see if he hasn't sold it in a fortnight or so.

VHCBM, I didn't buy the S2000 grille, I have plans to build one but I haven't yet because I have to check the legalities of it as it will modify the pedestrian impact points.

Old 10-07-2011, 06:22 PM   #14
vhcbm

Oh ok, I think you should be fine, as long as it's roadworthy enough, so it is stuck on properly etc, maybe your insurance company may have a problem.