Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 28-06-2011, 02:50 AM   #1
I FluXx I
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default WS cl fiesta sound system

hi guys, looking at installing a new sound system in my gf's car. Shes got a ws cl fiesta 3 door. Basic factory sound system in it at the moment, which actually think isnt to bad for standard factory sound lol.

Need to know what size the rear and front speakers are and if I can fit anything bigger then stock in? Also anyone here install a new sound system in their fiesta? Did you replace the just the rears or fronts aswel? Id like to get away prob just replacing the rears if its still going to sound good. Looking at putting a sub in the boot also and mounting the amp somewhere in there also. Will obviously be using the factory stereo with line out converter

Thanx in advance for any help!

Performance mods: SL's(front) and leveled at the back, Front 30mm whiteline sway bar, 4" dump, 4" cat, 3.5" exhaust split to Dual 2.5" with quad tips, Plazmaman stage 1 polished intercooler and piping kit, 60lb injectors, Walbro fuel pump, upgraded actuator, GFB BOV, K&N panel filter

Mods for show: 19" black Speedy Inferno rims, MTX 5x7's front and rear, 2x Kenwood 4ch amps, 3x Kenwood 10" subs, chrome fuse box cover
I FluXx I is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2011, 07:37 AM   #2
trento
Audiophile

Default Re: WS cl fiesta sound system

http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....lete+ws+stereo

That should answer most of your questions If you have any others feel free to PM me.

ZOOM ZOOM: 2009 Mazda 3 MPS (2nd gen) 256bhp through the front wheels... hello torque steer!!!
trento is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2011, 12:15 AM   #3
I FluXx I
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

wow! nice thread man! Answered alot of my questions.

Just wondering if you were only going to replace either the front or the rear speakers, what would you do? Was thinking of maybe replacing the fronts and putting the stock front speakers in the rear. Then a 12" sub all off a 4ch amp. Sound ok?

I'd put in alot more effort and spend more on my car, but chances are id spend and extra $500 buying another set of speakers and an extra amp and the gf wouldnt even notice the difference lol.

Thanks!

Performance mods: SL's(front) and leveled at the back, Front 30mm whiteline sway bar, 4" dump, 4" cat, 3.5" exhaust split to Dual 2.5" with quad tips, Plazmaman stage 1 polished intercooler and piping kit, 60lb injectors, Walbro fuel pump, upgraded actuator, GFB BOV, K&N panel filter

Mods for show: 19" black Speedy Inferno rims, MTX 5x7's front and rear, 2x Kenwood 4ch amps, 3x Kenwood 10" subs, chrome fuse box cover
Old 30-06-2011, 09:51 PM   #4
trento
Audiophile

yeah that should be fine. set it up just like mine only run the sub of a pair of bridged channels on the amp.

I'd recommend a 10" sub though... without mid range drivers the bass of a 12 is overpowering.

ZOOM ZOOM: 2009 Mazda 3 MPS (2nd gen) 256bhp through the front wheels... hello torque steer!!!
Old 01-07-2011, 12:19 AM   #5
John_Doe
Starter Motor

Definitely replace the fronts and forget about the rears.

The front speakers are the most important speaker in a stereo system. The rears are for rear fill only.

Get some good component speakers and a sub.

4 channel amp with 2 channels to run the component speakers and the other 2 channels bridged to run the sub.
John_Doe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2011, 07:53 AM   #6
trento
Audiophile

thats what I said!!!!

Old 18-07-2011, 12:45 AM   #7
I FluXx I
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks for the help guys. Went with a 10" sub and just replacing the fronts. Installed it all today with a hi-low converter and got just a couple issues. Replaced the tweeters which came with the speakers but didnt put in the external crossovers. Now there is a hissing static noise mostly from the tweeters but still a little from the fronts aswel. Is this because I need a filter or because i havnt installed the crossovers??

Next issue is for some reason the rear speakers have no sound at all coming from them now. No idea why. Im pretty sure the rear speakers are the WHITE/BROWN AND BLUE/BROWN and the other speaker GREEN/WHITE AND BROWN/YELLOW. Those wires are untouched and still running strait into the deck.

Thanx again for any help!