Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 11-05-2007, 02:27 PM   #1
customxxx
Starter Motor

Default Sports Exhaust Quote.

I got a quote for $300 for a 2.5" Catback Redback Sports Exhaust...with a average tip and $50 extra for a nice tip like a twin.

Is this the going rate...also im in Sydney anyone reccommend any shops that make a better system than the redback?

Does any1 know how they sound..i dont want a droney system if not ill just leave it stock.

Thank you.

Old 11-05-2007, 02:34 PM   #2
kjparker

where was that from? Thats a pretty good price.... was that a single muffler or a two muffler system?
kjparker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2007, 02:38 PM   #3
customxxx
Starter Motor

It was the two muffler system....Just from Carline mufflers.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:58 PM   #4
Allen
You win again, gravity!!!

That is a very good price IMO... I paid $350 just for the same system (V8 spec though) and had to install it myself.

The twin muffler redback system is a very quiet system that sounds like stock only slightly louder.

I got sick of it very quickly, and cut the rear muffler out... Still a quiet system, but a much deeper note, with very little drone.

SOON TO BE A TRACK CAR
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2007, 03:18 PM   #5
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Make sure it's mandrel bent - at that price, it sounds like a press bent system using redback mufflers only. But if it is mandrel bent, that's a great price.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2007, 03:48 PM   #6
customxxx
Starter Motor

Ok thanks...will do...yeah sounded like a alright price...other places wanted $350. Said it would take only 40min to an hour to fit.

Yeah i dont want an overly loud system just a nice note and a bit more breathing.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:58 PM   #7
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

That price sounds about right, and it will sounds very nice.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:26 PM   #8
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Originally Posted by customxxx
Ok thanks...will do...yeah sounded like a alright price...other places wanted $350. Said it would take only 40min to an hour to fit.

Yeah i dont want an overly loud system just a nice note and a bit more breathing.
Yeah, I know a lot of people will suggest you remove the rear muffler, but they still sound good, even with it.

I have a 2.5" catback Redback twin muffler system (mine was an absolute bargain at $80 second hand), and it sounds tough without being too loud. This is how I like it. It doesn't drone at all. It's mainly when you take out the rear muffler that they start droning.

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post