Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 12-03-2010, 07:41 AM   #1
atomiclord
I drive way too much...

Default ABS Light comes on when I turn left??

Problem: ABS light comes on when I turn the wheel left, and then stays on and the abs system seems to disable itself as a precautionary measure. Haven't had a chance to test it for real as I just fitted new tyres during which the abs sensor disks were cleaned up, so I'm not about to skid about on brand new tyres!

ABS engages at low speeds when braking very occasionally, but limited testing time due to the fact that the system stops alltogether as soon as I turn left.

What could be causing this? I've perused the abs threads but I can't seem to find the same problem anywhere. The front sensor cables seem okay not pulling or anything and as far as I can tell without taking the wheels off the connections near the disks are fine.

Car is AU series 3, 02 LPG model, just purchased a few weeks ago. If it helps, I believe this is the original bosch abs unit, although looking over the service history receipts this problem has been worsening over the last few years.

Any ideas? I'm in Perth, so if anyone knows of a place here where they've had good service with ABS let me know please.

Kieran

atomiclord is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2010, 10:00 AM   #2
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

It sounds like either the wire to one of the wheel speed sensors is loose or the sensor itself has failed.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2010, 10:36 AM   #3
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah Id say one of the sensors aswell. Mine has only lit up the ABS light once and it happened the first time it was run on a dyno, stayed on all day then a week later when I drove it next it was good and hasnt come on since. Weird.
Jack91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2010, 06:27 AM   #4
atomiclord
I drive way too much...

Had a scan done when the recent Perth storms knocked out my transducer, and it is indeed the left front ABS sensor. Well done guys you were right on the money!
atomiclord is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2010, 02:17 PM   #5
burnz
VFII SS UTE

i can only referance holden!!

common cause was metal dust build up sticking to the sensor, (brake rotor dust)front.

road grime, blue metal stone's, tar, on rear sensor's .

clean with kero soaked cloth.
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post