Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 15-03-2007, 09:59 AM   #1
golden
2009 WS Moondust Silver

Default A/C Issues on new Fiesta

Hi,

My Zetec is two weeks old I have two questions in regards to the A/C.

1. Drivng at anything above 2000 rev the a/c compressor will only stay on for 3/4 seconds at a time. It constantly go cycles on 3/4 seconds then off 3/4 seconds. If the car is idleing or driven without going over 2000 revs the compressor stays on and is ice cold, anything else it struggles to keep the a/c cold enough. Is this normal.
It his wheezing you describe above,

2. does the vent blow some air out on your feet at all times no matter where the vent control is pointed. Ford tell me they know this is a problem and they don't have a fix.

Other than the a/c I am very happy with the car. But it's a bit sad the 13 year old magna i traded up from had a/c that was 10 times better.

Please tell me your thoughts

Thanks in Advance

golden is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2007, 11:29 AM   #2
Steffo
LPG > You

1. No. This is not normal. My A/C is ice cold all the time. And I never turn it off so I'd notice something like that.

2. Can't help you there, I never taken it off the head/foot/window simultaneous setting. On the odd occasion I have done that (defrosting the windscreen in winter with a car full of people, or one superhot day when I had the A/C full power all blowing at my face) it didn't do that, no.

I think you've got a warranty claim on your hands there re-a/c playing up.
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2007, 03:27 PM   #3
Jess85

my a/c drains power so i gotta turn it off when im gonna overtake someone etc - as well as going down a gear or two (depending on situation)
Jess85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2007, 05:35 PM   #4
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden
2. does the vent blow some air out on your feet at all times no matter where the vent control is pointed. Ford tell me they know this is a problem and they don't have a fix.
I also notice that there are a LITTLE bit of air blowing on my feet. But I dont really care about that cos u only notice it when you wear thongs. I'll see Ford whenever I have the time.
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2007, 11:31 PM   #5
darkcloud

haha, yeah the a/c suddenly decided to be uncool for a while so i took it to the dealer and they checked it. they "found pressures low and not cold, only at 12 degrees, regased a/c system and checked for system leak, could not find leak." but yeah now its much cooler than before.

Yes i have noticed that it does blow a TINY amount of air on the feet even though you don't hav it on that setting.

btw i also asked about the air coming out of the vents, because the middle ones would always blow more air than the sides, no matter what setting you have it on. they said "tested vent operation and found to be the same as other vehicles, normal for make and model."
darkcloud is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2007, 01:51 AM   #6
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I might need a regas too. Whenever I turn on my air con, hot air blows out, it's not till I press that button that has a u-turn arrow inside the car then it gets colder.

Is a normal regas covered by warranty?

To answer your second question, I get a bit of air blowing down at my feet (even though the dial's pointed at the face icon), I've always thought it was normal. Plus you get a little feet comfort whilst having face comfort
Old 16-03-2007, 05:13 AM   #7
Lplus

The AC cycling in and out over 2000 rpm doesn't sound right, doubly so if the air isn't coming out cold. Does selecting recycle make a difference?

The small amount of air coming out at foot level even when on screen or facia happens on mine too. It isn't right, but if it's a design fault I guess I can't get too excited.
Lplus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2007, 06:39 AM   #8
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by xurbanx
I might need a regas too. Whenever I turn on my air con, hot air blows out, it's not till I press that button that has a u-turn arrow inside the car then it gets colder.

Is a normal regas covered by warranty?

To answer your second question, I get a bit of air blowing down at my feet (even though the dial's pointed at the face icon), I've always thought it was normal. Plus you get a little feet comfort whilst having face comfort
Doesn't need a regas then mate, sounds perfectly normal. What that button does is closes the air-circuit so that you're not getting air from outside blown into the car. I hate having open-circuit a/c because #1 its hot when you want it cold and #2 you breathe the exhaust fumes of the person infront of you. It shits me to no end that it defaults open-circuit. Every time I turn the car on, before doing anything else, I press that little button.
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2007, 11:34 AM   #9
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

My open-circuit with air-con is cold. I don't like recircuitable because your breathing in your own garbage
Piotr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2007, 12:15 PM   #10
photn
AFF Post NAZI

my aircon consists of Windows down. but when i do have the AC on. i normally leave it open circulate. unless there is a smelly car or a smoky car or its a really hot day.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2007, 08:13 PM   #11
golden
2009 WS Moondust Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lplus
The AC cycling in and out over 2000 rpm doesn't sound right, doubly so if the air isn't coming out cold. Does selecting recycle make a difference?

The small amount of air coming out at foot level even when on screen or facia happens on mine too. It isn't right, but if it's a design fault I guess I can't get too excited.
Hi

thanks for the replies,

I always have it on recycle. Is worse when it is not on recycle. Got my multimeter out today and tested the air temp coming out of the vents. In the shade this avro at 5 pm at idle it would go down to 5 degrees. If I kept the revs over 2000 the compressor would cycle in & out again every 3/4 seconds and the temp would go up to 11/12 degrees, let it idle down - back down to 5 degrees. Subsequently I rang Ford and it's going back in to get checked on tuesday.

Sounds like the air on the feet is normal for the car. I will ask again about that.

Cheers
golden is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post