Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 20-02-2010, 12:46 PM   #1
shevek

Default about to buy

There are good deals in Sydney on LX till end of February but Zetec is appealling. The extra stuff is just about worth it and should have higher resale value. Not so keen on the low front, can see a lot of scraping.
Might cut back to the LX, though lack of USB (even as an option) is a pain. Any way round that?

What do people think?
Nick (first post)

shevek is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2010, 01:28 PM   #2
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Go the Zetec! For a few thousand more you get so much. I may be biased as I own a Zetec, but I love it. The bigger wheels make a pretty big difference, the seats seem to have a more premium finish, you get a USB port, chrome accents, fog lights, a body kit, premium headlights, the list goes on. You can always ask the dealership to remove the body kit if you are worried about it scraping. But the LX is a mighty fine car too. I was originally going to get one of these, but for about $2000 more I could get all of the above and my preferred three door configuration. Was a no brainer for me. If you have the money, and truly want the Zetec, get it. If it's the LX you want, get that. I've learnt if you have to get whatever makes you happy, providing you have the resources to do so.

Good luck!
Old 20-02-2010, 06:15 PM   #3
shevek

thx for that. Think I'll go Zetec for about 23k d/a.
Old 20-02-2010, 06:20 PM   #4
Cyborg1978

If you push hard enough you can get it for $21,500 on road with mats. I got mine 5 door frozen white for that price.
Cyborg1978 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2010, 02:12 PM   #5
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhilton
Go the Zetec! For a few thousand more you get so much. I may be biased as I own a Zetec, but I love it. The bigger wheels make a pretty big difference, the seats seem to have a more premium finish, you get a USB port, chrome accents, fog lights, a body kit, premium headlights, the list goes on. You can always ask the dealership to remove the body kit if you are worried about it scraping. But the LX is a mighty fine car too. I was originally going to get one of these, but for about $2000 more I could get all of the above and my preferred three door configuration. Was a no brainer for me. If you have the money, and truly want the Zetec, get it. If it's the LX you want, get that. I've learnt if you have to get whatever makes you happy, providing you have the resources to do so.

Good luck!

+1

If you can get them down on the zetec price, its worth every extra dollar spent.... I couldnt get the dealer down on price until i went to a mazda dealer and got a price on a Mazda 2 Genki and then went back to the Ford dealer and they matched it...
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2010, 04:50 PM   #6
shevek

Got the $21500 deal with matts thrown in. Vision Blue.
Old 21-02-2010, 06:06 PM   #7
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good deal mate!
Old 21-02-2010, 07:19 PM   #8
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by shevek
Got the $21500 deal with matts thrown in. Vision Blue.
BUY BUY BUY!!!
Old 22-02-2010, 02:51 PM   #9
JClarke
Deaf Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoesLikeAZetec
+1

If you can get them down on the zetec price, its worth every extra dollar spent.... I couldnt get the dealer down on price until i went to a mazda dealer and got a price on a Mazda 2 Genki and then went back to the Ford dealer and they matched it...
+2

Another Zetec owner here ;)
Old 22-02-2010, 07:18 PM   #10
shroomies49

I have a Zetec somewhere... oh yea its being fixed after having it .. not even 2 days..

sorry im a lil bitter about it!!

when u pick it up make sure the belts are on right!!

lol

Tenille
shroomies49 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2010, 07:44 PM   #11
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

dont worry id be bitter too...