Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 13-10-2006, 01:35 PM   #1
AUTickford
XD197

Default Fuel economy better

The v8 gets about another 30-40 km per tank from the cai and goes heaps better, i couldnt recommend a decent cai enough what a cheap boost!!!!!! :sm_headba It easily gets 400 km with 60 ks left on the dte where as it used to get roughly 350 360, and thats all city driving. :evil_laug

AUTickford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2006, 09:35 PM   #2
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

What kind of cai have you added?
private9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2006, 09:59 PM   #3
AUIII XR8 MAN
DJR TM#54

Location: on my p.c now with internet! ok i'll still use works internet too.

Any fuel saving is good. When i fitted my cai i got about an extra 50-80km per tank. Thats 50-50 driving.
Old 14-10-2006, 12:01 AM   #4
AUTickford
XD197

Through the side of the airbox{passengers side} out through an elongated hole that the purge solenoid lines and carbon cannister lines run through. Down next to the back of the light and down under the bumper where it comes out at the air deflector which i trimmed up and air flows straight into it. Could possibly b more economical than i think i have only run about 1 tank through it so far.
AUTickford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post