Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 14-04-2007, 03:24 PM   #1
rayner22
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Failed rego today....

HAving a great day today, had rego inspection this morning...
AU failed cos apparently there sould be a flange\clip on the front shockies that the brake lines clip onto.
Funny thing is the factory Tickford shocks in it at the mo dont have it. Went to THREE different wreckers and looked at 6 Au XR's and none of them had it either. Best part is the guy I took it to won't pass it unless I have it. EVen Ford said it doesnt exist on the tickford shocks.
Anyone else heard of this or suffered the same joys??

Old Rides:
BF MkII 07 XR6 , Seduce in colour.... : Growler Airbox, custom exhaust and other goodies
AUII TE-FORTE
Monsoon Blue,Full Cobra Performance exhaust system, G+D CAI, Crow Cam, Tickford Suspension, TE50 Kit, RDA Slotteds, Ridin on Advanti 18's
rayner22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2007, 03:33 PM   #2
mattp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Series 1 didn't have the hooks on the front shocks, series 2 on did. Hence you can retrofit series 2 or 3 shocks onto series 1, but can't put series one shocks on a series 2 or 3. Here's a photo of some series 2 Tickford shocks with the clips, so I don't know what Ford saying it doesn't exist on the Tickford shocks is about...

mattp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2007, 04:27 PM   #3
NeishaXR8_347
SS Grunt

Simple fix this, go to any wrecker with a BA xt or whatever they have, get under there and get the clips they use for the brake lines it goes onto the bolt that holds the caliper. Install it on yours and ram it up his A$$ and get him to pass it.

If yours is a series 2 it should have them anyways but someone must have changed them

Shaun

I will also enter any part of the Forum I wish to enter. :
NeishaXR8_347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2007, 05:38 PM   #4
rayner22
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah mine is a series 2, so I wonder why it hasnt got them...
The XT clip idea sounds the best. I think its funny that its passed for 4 years without a hitch untill today and the shocks have been in htere the whole time.
Thanks boys, looks like its wreckers hunting tomorrow.

Old Rides:
BF MkII 07 XR6 , Seduce in colour.... : Growler Airbox, custom exhaust and other goodies
AUII TE-FORTE
Monsoon Blue,Full Cobra Performance exhaust system, G+D CAI, Crow Cam, Tickford Suspension, TE50 Kit, RDA Slotteds, Ridin on Advanti 18's
Old 14-04-2007, 05:45 PM   #5
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Cable tie would do the job as well.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2007, 05:46 PM   #6
rayner22
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Cable tie would do the job as well.
yeah I said that to him but he reckons it would be too tight and shear the brake lines.. yep this guy is a dumb ****

Old Rides:
AUII TE-FORTE
Old 14-04-2007, 07:44 PM   #7
AU1XLS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeishaXR8_347
Simple fix this, go to any wrecker with a BA xt or whatever they have, get under there and get the clips they use for the brake lines it goes onto the bolt that holds the caliper. Install it on yours and ram it up his A$$ and get him to pass it.

If yours is a series 2 it should have them anyways but someone must have changed them

Shaun
This is them

Need to make sure you have the right brake lines with part that clips into bracket on back of caliper or shocker to use the above

Are you sure you have a series 2 ? Series 1 did not have bracket on caliper or shocker?
AU1XLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2007, 09:39 PM   #8
Chippar
The Ancient Warrior

I see that you're from Carrara on the Gold Coast, why do you need an annual inspection for rego? It's not required in Qld unless it's a commercial registered vehicle then they have to go over the pits at Qld Transport at Bundall. (for Gold Coasters etc)

Not trying to be a smart alec, but there is an ulterior motive behind my question.
Chippar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2007, 11:04 PM   #9
howesy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ADR's apply to different year models and so do regulations of which I would be asking him to show you the ADR or regulation that states that this bracket must be in place on that model. he sounds like a ****** and I would be checking your facts and if in right stick it to him and report the sucker.
Did he offer to rectify the problem for at a cost did he??
howesy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2007, 11:06 PM   #10
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I'm hoping this clip is really needed, as I don't have one one mine. I know it's to keep the brake lines from fouling on the suspension components etc, but mine looks to be free and clear of everything anyway - perhaps it might hit something at full lock?
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2007, 06:06 AM   #11
GK
Walking with God

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
I'm hoping this clip is really needed, as I don't have one one mine. I know it's to keep the brake lines from fouling on the suspension components etc, but mine looks to be free and clear of everything anyway - perhaps it might hit something at full lock?
A lowered car would also have a little more line loose wouldn't it?

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2007, 11:51 AM   #12
NeishaXR8_347
SS Grunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
I think the point of this bracket is to somewhat stop the line from over flexing and to possibly take some of the movement that would occur if the brakcets weren't in place, for around $10-20 for them its not worth risking the lines eventually failing if they are moving to much and causing stress on the line.

I will also enter any part of the Forum I wish to enter. :
NeishaXR8_347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2007, 04:57 PM   #13
rayner22
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippitydip
I see that you're from Carrara on the Gold Coast, why do you need an annual inspection for rego? It's not required in Qld unless it's a commercial registered vehicle then they have to go over the pits at Qld Transport at Bundall. (for Gold Coasters etc)

Not trying to be a smart alec, but there is an ulterior motive behind my question.
Thats because its not officially my car and is not registered in my name. ITs registered in NSW. So whats the ulterior motive???

Its definitely a series 2 (may 00 build), its funny its been pinged for this considering its passed for the last 5 years with the same shocks etc and nothing ever got said.

Old Rides:
AUII TE-FORTE

Last edited by rayner22; 15-04-2007 at 05:06 PM.
Old 15-04-2007, 05:17 PM   #14
rayner22
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Jacked the car up and it does have the little rubber gasket\clip in the lines to clip onto the shocks.. so hopefully the BA brackets will work when I find a pair.

Old Rides:
AUII TE-FORTE
Old 15-04-2007, 06:20 PM   #15
rayner22
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ok if a car fails inspection, do you have to take it back to the person who failed it?
Just checked the ADR for Au's and there is no mention of this part being a necessary part of the suspension\brakes.

Old Rides:
AUII TE-FORTE
Old 15-04-2007, 07:45 PM   #16
au2sw
Blown 5L coming

show the guy the ADR. if he still complains, go somewhere else and report the fool. chances are hes been reported for dodgy RWC's and has tightened his belt to show RTA or QT that he is doing his job properly so as not to loose his license. i know a few mechanics that have had this happen and they did the exact same thing, went exact by the book reports and started failing heaps! its a shame, but try reasoning with him. its worth a shot anyway.

NEW CLUB FOR SUNSHINE COAST !! www.f-p-e.proboards.com

Contact Col (au2sw) via PM or on MSN @ efmonty@hotmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
Its like central locking in your car. We've all had cars without it and we were fine then, but try and take it from me? NO WAY.
au2sw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2007, 09:32 PM   #17
Chippar
The Ancient Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayner22
Ok if a car fails inspection, do you have to take it back to the person who failed it?
Just checked the ADR for Au's and there is no mention of this part being a necessary part of the suspension\brakes.

pm sent.
Chippar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post