Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-06-2011, 06:41 PM   #1
WUB913

Default Pacific Highway

hey guys,, anyone now the condition of the pacific highway at the moment from Sydney to Coffs harbour???

Old 18-06-2011, 06:48 PM   #2
willsace
Finally have a boss again

Default Re: Pacific Highway

the highway is closed in both directions north of kempsey. www.livetraffic.com.au says it wont open until monday or tuesday at the earliest
Old 18-06-2011, 08:41 PM   #3
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

... And the New England roads (pot holes, etc) out near Singleton have gone to crap with the rain...

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2011, 11:18 PM   #4
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Shortest way currently is up hwy and turn off along The Buckets Way, Glouster, Walcha, Uralla, Armidale and back down the mountains through Dorigo and Bellingen.
Old 18-06-2011, 11:27 PM   #5
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

my mate was up in the gold coast and decided to leave the car there and flew back to sydney ( he has other cars) no coast road and NE HWY a goat track it wasn't worth driving

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2011, 04:23 PM   #6
cobramania
FPV BFII GT Cobra No.249

I drove Newcastle to Brisbane up the NE Hwy 5 weeks ago, good run, road not bad, it's no F3 but far from a goat track. Came back down on Friday, via Pacific Hwy to Coffs, then across to Armidale via Waterfall Wy & back down NE Hwy. Unless you have a semi trailer or 4WD do not take waterfall way, it's in a bad state & you'll likely get damage, I got through unscathed just, but hit a few large potholes that couldn't be avoided. Yes there are some big potholes from Murrurundi to Muswellbrook, but if you leave a gap between you & the car in front & slow down a bit, you can see them coming & all are avoidable.
Because of the good easy run with normally low traffic along the NE Hwy, I'll never be taking the Pacific to or from Brisbane again until it's full dual lane Hwy.
cobramania is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2011, 04:35 PM   #7
SteveJH
No longer a Uni student..

I've never had problems with the waterfall way, but to steal the subject of another thread, I suppose my car does have nice sensible 15" rims on it.

Drove along the NE HWY regularly 2007-2009, only been through a couple of times early this year though. Worst part was always the traffic lights up and down the dorrigo mountain.
SteveJH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post